TV We've Just Watched discussion

General > Before You Post A New Topic...

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Feb 27, 2011 09:09AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments ...Make sure you use the Search Box on the right to see if there's already a thread on your Topic. With such large Folders such as 'Dramas', Topics are easy to miss. The search function saves time and eliminates duplicate Topics.

Thank You!

message 2: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Jacki, have u tested the search box? I tried it a few times to find a thread I knew existed but couldn't remember where it was. Any way it never worked, wouldn't find anything.

message 3: by Jackie (last edited Mar 02, 2011 09:49AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It's the only way I've ever found topics I know exist. I'm too lazy to scroll through all the topics. I use it for every large club I belong to and have never had a problem.

The search box gives me every thread in which the searched item has been mentioned. Often shows are mentioned it other threads. If you look through all the titles of the comments shown, you should be able to find your searched show if it has it's own thread. If you don't find it, then I assume there is no thread for it.

If a duplicate thread/topic arises, I'm sure those who watch that particular show will let us know.

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm with you about scrolling through all the topics that's why I tried the search in the past.

I just tried it (I was posting mobily earlier and couldn't) and the search worked fine. In the past nothing would appear even for a search of something I knew was there. Oh well. Seems to work now so no big deal.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments That's good that it's working now. I guess everything has it's moments of screwy-ness, search boxes included, lol

message 6: by Lori (last edited Mar 03, 2011 06:26PM) (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments All i know is THANK YOU JACKIE & HOLLI!!!! You know i tried to get to ED last year & he never responded to me. This group needed to be clean up, to much junk everywhere. Again i for one say THANKS!!

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments You're welcome, darling.

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I would also like to ask, Before You Post A New Topic, it is a show you are actively watching and want to enter into an ongoing discussion of said new topic as new episodes arise.

Posting topics you have no interest in will only clutter the boards and serves no positive purpose for the group.

Thanking you in advance for your consideration.

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie The search box does not always work... unless they have fixed it.

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I've never had a problem but others have. But now that we've cleaned up out folders, they are much easier to scroll through to find a topic.

message 11: by Jackie (last edited Dec 09, 2012 08:41AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Regarding upcoming and potential new shows, we have folders for that, please do not put any show that has not aired in it's own thread in the New Shows folder. The proper place would be either Upcoming New Shows http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8... or Show Ideas in The Works http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7....
It's not about what the group member is posting, it's more about the networks saying they're gonna give us this new show and then it never happening. It'd just be easier on the Moderators to have things where they belong. I don't want to come across as bitchy or nitpicky, but we really do not need new threads for shows that are not actually on TV. Once they air, or have an official premiere date, we'd love to have them in their own thread in the New Shows folder.

message 12: by Holli (new)

Holli I just cleaned this up in the New Shows folder. Thank you very much Jackie for bringing this to the group's attention!!

message 13: by Jackie (last edited Dec 09, 2012 08:42AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Thank you, Holli.
It just makes sense when we already have a place for potentials and upcomings.

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Also, when starting a new topic for a show, please include the channel it airs, if it has premiere date or day it airs, any pertinent info that can help the rest of us locate it.

message 15: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Jackie, I looked in the search box but didn't see a topic for the series "Scorpion". Did I miss it? Does anyone else watch it? I am very anxious to know if it will be picked up for second season if you know.

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I don't know if there's a topic or not. But it is renewed for a second season.

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael Canganelli (allwebdeals) | 2 comments Scorpion has been fun for my wife and I. I am glad to hear that it has been picked up for another season!

message 18: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I have to say I love Cabe because the actor is always portrayed as a bad guy and seeing him good for once but still having that military stance and strength was good.