Chick Lit discussion

Paranormal Chick Lit Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Hello!

I'm looking for paranormal chick lit title suggestions. I really love the Sookie Stackhouse series.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

message 2: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Schorr (meredithschorr) | 19 comments I don't know if these are pure paranormal (no vampires or anything) but Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella included a ghost and was really good. And Adena Halpern's The Ten Best Days of My Life dealt with the afterlife. Also really good.

Happy Reading!

Meredith
www.meredithschorr.com

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla | 1 comments Try Succubus Blues or the Immortal series by Rochelle Lead.

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 43 comments I reaqlly enjoyed Heather Webber's Lucy Valentine Series...the first one is called Truly, Madly

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Thanks, everyone!

message 6: by Toni (new)

Toni (cherrycherry) | 3 comments I'm new here so forgive me if these books aren't what you're looking for but I suggest the following:

MaryJanice Davidson's Undead Series and also Shanna Swendson's Enchanted Inc. series (I haven't read this one yet but it sounds like it fits with what you're looking for).

message 7: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 1 comments The Undead series is a pretty good paranormal chick lit series. Sometimes I find Betsy (main character)too much of a loud mouth but the books are light and easy reading. They are not as paranormal as sookie stackhouse, they lean more on the chick lit side. I have just purchased the enchanted series, cant wait for it to get delivered.

message 8: by Toni (new)

Toni (cherrycherry) | 3 comments Kristy wrote: "The Undead series is a pretty good paranormal chick lit series. Sometimes I find Betsy (main character)too much of a loud mouth but the books are light and easy reading. They are not as paranormal ..."

Yeah I sort of gave up on the Undead series after book 6 I think? The covers of the book changed around the time I gave up on it and I think I just had enough of Betsy and co.

I'd love to know how the Enchanted series is, I've heard some good things.

message 9: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 43 comments Wow! I was just at the book store and i CANNOT believe how many chick lit/paranormal/mystery/love stories there are! I can't remember them all:( but a few that stay on my mind were Ellen Byerrum series withKiller Hair; Nancy Martin's Blackbird series: Murder Melts in Your Mouth; Denise Swanson's Murder of a Botoxed Blonde - I know there were so many other series - aagh I should have wrote them down:(

message 10: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 43 comments Toni wrote: "Kristy wrote: "The Undead series is a pretty good paranormal chick lit series. Sometimes I find Betsy (main character)too much of a loud mouth but the books are light and easy reading. They are not..."

Enchanted is such a GOOD series, too! Loved it...I wish there were more books!

message 11: by Toni (new)

Toni (cherrycherry) | 3 comments Good to know Cathy, I'll have to move it up on my list of books to buy!
Ellen Byerrum's series is on my list as well.

I've read the Blackbird series - it's good but not paranormal. It was a pretty good series but sometimes it took me awhile to get into some of the stories.

Speaking of chic/lit mystery, what about the Bubbles series by Sarah Strohmeyer? A real fun and engaging series. I hope she writes at least one more book for this series.

message 12: by Cathy (last edited Mar 06, 2011 01:08PM) (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 43 comments I just started listening to the 2011 debut First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones so I can't say yet whther it's good or not but it sounds like a really good paranormal premise:)

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Wow! I was just at the book store and i CANNOT believe how many chick lit/paranormal/mystery/love stories there are!

Lol.I must be going to the wrong bookstores because I really had to hunt to find just one book like that. I'd thought they'd be in their own section, but apparently not.

message 14: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 43 comments I found them mostly in mystery/thrillee but others oddly enuf were in romance:)