The Hunger Games-Roleplay discussion

Arena Archives > Arena 12

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,463 (2463 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 49 50

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments You’re slowly raised up on your platform, the slight breeze blowing through your hair and your specially designed outfit. Your heart is pounding and your head is throbbing in anticipation as you wait to find out what your arena, your home for however long it will take for every person to get killed off, will be. As a stronger wind blows towards your face, you gag.
The horrible smell of rot and decay fills your nose, and you nearly pass out from the stench. This is when you finally get a good look at your surroundings.
Something’s familiar about this place....you’ve seen it before, only differently. There’s snow, everywhere, and pine trees. You shiver as snow falls on your uniform, only it doesn’t melt for a few moments, and when it does, there’s no wet spot where it melted. You’re perfectly dry.
You turn your attention to the arena, and suddenly, plugging your nose, you remember where you’ve seen it- arena 4, long, long ago. Why on earth would they re-use it? You see the cornucopia a couple hundred feet away. The once beautiful gold paint has nearly all flaked off, and the wood skeleton underneath shows, and is snapped in most places so that the wood sticks out like splintery spears. As you realise this, you notice that everything seems...off.
Each tree is at a slightly unnatural, tilted angle, and the movements of the birds in the sky are mechanical. As you look around, you see the source of the smell: What you didn’t see before, half-buried under the snow, are bones. Piles of bones, ripped-up clothes, a decapitated head here and there- these are the bodies of dead contestants are littered everywhere.
You see a fox turn the corner, and as you inspect it, you realise that with each fake step, it stops a little bit, and a quiet wirr wirr wirr sound was emanating from its little red body. Which, not to mention, was ratty and completely falling apart. Clumps of scarlet fur hung from its little lithe body and dangled around, threatening to fall off. Its eyes stare straight ahead and are unblinking. You shudder, unable to take your eyes off the thing until it leaves your sight- looks like you’ll have to look elsewhere for food than small animals. That’s when something in one of the trees catches your eye, high up- it’s a package, almost invisible, tied up on one of the branches. So that’s where the food is...
You’re about to look more when the alarm goes off. Go, quickly, to the cornucopia, and...don’t touch the bones. Good luck, contestant. And may the odds be ever in your favour.

(Credit for the arena goes to Shadowcat, our moderator in training!)

message 2: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica looked around and shivered at the way the arena looks gross, monica has her eyes on a bag in a tree when the alarm goes off and she runs to the cornacopia and grabs a bunch of knive and a bow and runs for the bag she seen eairlyer and runs to the trees but stayes closes but out of sight

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Calypso and Calder glanced over at each other, and they nodded. Already knowing what they were going to do. Calder sprinted towards the cornucopia, as Calypso ducked for cover behind a tree.

message 4: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica sees calypso duck behind a tree and make her way over to her quietly "pswsst calypos psst"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Calypso looked over at Monica with wide eyes. "What?" She whispered back.

message 6: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica throw a knife twords calypso but it went over her head and stuck in the chest of the boy from district 4 about to put his hands around her neck and choke the life out of her

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Calypso screamed, then stumbled forward. She looked behind her in shock, then looked back at Monica. "T-thanks."

((did the guy from 4 die?))

At Calypso's scream, Calder just grabbed the closest thing and sprinted towards his sister.

message 8: by Monica (last edited Feb 26, 2011 02:47PM) (new)

Monica | 1300 comments ((yes i did lol))

monica scurrys over to her "stop screaming they whill hear you" monica says looking at the boy she just killed.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments ((okay, next time you kill someone can you make sure the cannon goes off? It's just easier for me.))

"Sorry..." Calypso muttered, then screamed again as Calder barreled into her and knocked her over.
"What's wrong?" Calder asked in short puffs, panting for breath.

message 10: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments ((ok sorry))

monica jumps back as calder knocks calypso over

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments ((it's fine))

"Get off of me!" Calypso protested. Wiggling away, and standing up. Dusting the snow off her shirt and pants. "I'm fine. Monica saved me."

message 12: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica smiles shyly "get down someone might see you" monica told her.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Calypso sat down. "You don't need to knock me over next time you try and save me, Calder."

message 14: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica looked around trying not to look at them incase it starts a argument

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments "Well sorry!" Calder rolled his eyes. "Maybe next time I should just try and not save you!" He tossed what he had gotten from the cornucopia at her.

message 16: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica looked at what they got

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments "Maybe you should!" Calypso snapped back. "Or better yet, just don't knock me down into the snow!"

message 18: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 1415 comments Roth sprints forward and grabs a black hilted arming sword and runs over to Ebony "Hurry grab a weapon and get ready for a blood bath"

message 19: by Monica (last edited Feb 26, 2011 03:14PM) (new)

Monica | 1300 comments ebony moved fast she ran the the cornucopia and grabed to back sword strapes and put them on she grabed two nice even balenced swords and slid them into the holsters over her shoulders, ebony grabed a pack of dagger and straped them to her belt. ebony un coiled her whip seeing a bag in the tree and cracked her whip wrapping it around the branch and pulled bracking the branch. she grabed the bag and slid in to the cornucopia waiting for her first pray to come

message 20: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica stared at them "why re you going to aruge right now?" she asked

message 21: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 1415 comments Roth gives her a slightly surprised look and draws his sword "Who first" he asks her laughing.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Calder and Calypso both looked at her.
"Because....." calypso shrugged.

message 23: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 1415 comments ((I don't know what to do with Geldren... I don't like having two charries I think I'm just going to kill him unless someone wants to ally with him"

message 24: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments ((have him ally with caleb he blind))

message 25: by Monica (last edited Feb 26, 2011 03:22PM) (new)

Monica | 1300 comments EBONY
a girl from district 3 sliped past roth and ebony jumped on her holding her to the ground "why hello baby" ebony said pulling a dagger from her belt and started to drag the tip up the girls arms and laughed.

message 26: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 1415 comments ((Hmm that could be interesting))

Geldren runs over and grabs a sword, bow, and a quiver he looks around and spots Caleb.

message 27: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica shook her head "would it be ok if i stayed with you guys"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Monica wrote: "monica shook her head "would it be ok if i stayed with you guys""

"Yes!" Calypso squeaked and hugged Monica. "Our mentor said that we wouldn't be able to find any allies. But she's WRONG!"

message 29: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments (( yeah))
caleb opened his walking stick stumbled forward and he grabed three packs of daggers, and felt the ground though his feet caleb turned around and took two steps to the left and walked up to a tree and placed a hand on it and knock with the other feeling the vibes to see if there is a bag in it.

message 30: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica hugged her back "why wiuldnt you find any allies"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments "Because we're pretty much useless." Calder said, frowning.

message 32: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments "well you must have some skills" monica said

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments "Not really....." Calder and Calypso said at the same time.

message 34: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica smiled at them "im sure we can find somthing"

message 35: by Laika (new)

Laika The head gamemaker revved up the machine once more. The screen was a bit dusty, the buttons a bit jammed, but other than that, it worked. There was a machine for each arena, and since this was the old arena number 4, this one was quite old and outdated. But he liked it like that; nostalgia was always nice. He settled down in his spinny chair and blew the dust off the screen and switched on the security cameras around the place. He cracked his knuckles and spun around.
"Time to begin." he murmured with a grin.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Monica wrote: "monica smiled at them "im sure we can find somthing""

"Maybe..." Calder shrugged.

message 37: by Laika (new)

Laika The gamemaker sighed and sipped at his coffee.
"What to do....what to do..." he murmured, watching the screen. He could see all twenty-four high- def colour security camera videos. Suddenly an idea popped into his mind- an evil one. But that was a gamemaker's job. He smiled fiendishly and pressed a button, then typed information into the monitor. A moment later, he sat back in his chair, fingers to his temples, to watch his success and its outcomes.
A huge rock suddenly shot out of the ground in between Calder and Calypso, separatin them.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments ((aaahhh. It's so nice to be the victim of a Gamemaker plan. I haven't had that luxury in almost a year....))

Calypso stumbled back, eyes wide. "C-calder?

((the rock, how big is it? Can they climb over? And how wide is it? Can they walk around it?))

message 39: by Laika (new)

Laika ((hehehe. Thanks! It's about six feet tall.))

The gamemaker grinned. He made it taller, until it towered a mighty ten feet.

message 40: by Summer ☀️ (new)

Summer ☀️ (summerroxyursox) | 1886 comments As soon as the arena started, Max took off. She ran to the cornucopia as quickly as possible, grabbed a bow and a quiver of arrows. She also grabbed a backpack, then exited the clearing, running pretty far away, hoping no one was following her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sara stepped off her platform, and ran to Fletcher's platform. "Ready?" she asked him, making sure none of the other tributes were coming towards them.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Shadowcat wrote: "((hehehe. Thanks! It's about six feet tall.))

The gamemaker grinned. He made it taller, until it towered a mighty ten feet."

((but how wide? can they walk around it, or does it pretty much split the arena in half?))

message 42: by Laika (new)

Laika ((Oh. It's not too wide, maybe three feet thick and it stretches about ten feet.))

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments ((So they can walk around it. lol. okay. That's what I was wondering.))

"Calder?" Calypso asked nervously.
"I'm fine. I'll be over in a minute..." Calder started walking the length of the rock so he could walk around it.

message 44: by Laika (new)

Laika ((yep. Hehe.))

Just as Calder was about to reach the edge of the rock, another rock wall came up in front of him, cracked and gray.

message 45: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments ebony was having a good time cuting the girl but ebony saw that people were grabing this so ebony pulled out the plants from her shoe and grabed the one that made them not move and shoved some down the girls throat. soon the girl stoped moving and ebony walked out of the cornucopia to see who else she can play with

message 46: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments monica was stund the rock had picked her up and she was on top of the rock, oh how she didnt like hights she could see both calder and calypso on oppost sides of the rock

message 47: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 1415 comments Monica wrote: "ebony was having a good time cuting the girl but ebony saw that people were grabing this so ebony pulled out the plants from her shoe and grabed the one that made them not move and shoved some down..."

Roth laughs as Ebony destroys the girl "Good job, very good" he looks around "Who next"

message 48: by Summer ☀️ (new)

Summer ☀️ (summerroxyursox) | 1886 comments Max went back near the clearing, and watched Roth and Ebony through the bushes.

message 49: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1300 comments ebony stared at max as she ran away from the clearing ebony desided shes going to track her later. "i dont know but im not done with her" ebony motioned to the girl in the cornucopia.

message 50: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 1415 comments "Hm Take out both her eyes, it won't kill her and all the pain will surprise her that much more" he laughs.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 49 50