The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > I'm new!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary Proctor | 20 comments Only just got into the Mystery/Crime stuff w/in the last year. Have read thrillers in the past and more so in the past couple of years as I was introduced to a couple of authors like Lee Child, Vince Flynn and Michael Connelly. I've always been fascinated by shows like Forensic files, CSI and Law and Order, so it's probably not so surprising that I like crime fiction.

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee | 181 comments Welcome Gary.

Child & Connelly are two of my favs!!!

message 3: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Hi Gary. We seem to cover the entire spectrum of mystery/crime/thriller from cozy to noir and everything in between. I am sure you will find great new reads.

message 4: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (janastasiow) | 16 comments Lee wrote: "Welcome Gary.

Child & Connelly are two of my favs!!!"

I'm going to read my first Child next month :)

message 5: by Lee (new)

Lee | 181 comments Can't get enough of testosterone from Reacher!!! :)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 7780 comments Gary wrote: "Only just got into the Mystery/Crime stuff w/in the last year. Have read thrillers in the past and more so in the past couple of years as I was introduced to a couple of authors like [author:Lee Ch..."
Have any comments on "Black Ice" Good read?

message 7: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35425 comments I really enjoyed Black Ice.

Of course, being from the Midwest. the only black ice I am familiar with is the kind on the road this time of year. And I will be glad to see the end of it.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (mortuivivosdocent) Good Morning everybody!

I'm a forensics student in Tennessee, who is new to Goodreads. I've been a mystery buff for quite a while (it all started with Nancy Drew at the age of eight. lol.) I like both historical mysteries, and Forensic/Police procedurals. I'm always looking for something new...

message 9: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Elizabeth. Since you like both historical mysteries and forensic mysteries have you read Mistress of the Art of Death and the others in this series?

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (mortuivivosdocent) Donna wrote: "Welcome Elizabeth. Since you like both historical mysteries and forensic mysteries have you read Mistress of the Art of Death and the others in this series?"

Oh yes, and loved them!!

message 11: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Schwartz | 5 comments Welcome Gary! I enjoy Lee Child too. Maybe try some Reginald Hill. The Dalziel and Pascoe series is great, and I just read "The Woodcutter". It was fabulous.

message 12: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Gary, and welcome to the group. I've just discovered Lee Child. Perfect for going on holiday with, I must say.