What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA - Girl who slowly loses her hearing, denies it.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon ★ (shann0n) This is going to be the most unhelpful set of clues ever, but here goes.

I found this book in my classroom library (it is no longer there-apparently kids like to steal books lol). I read it in about a day; it was pretty short. On the cover was a high school-aged girl in the 1970s(ish) and in the story, she slowly began to lose her hearing, but would pretend that it wasn't really happening. She didn't tell anybody about it and tried to get away with it.

The book was at least 15 years old - it had that smell and yellowing of the pages.

It's bothering me that I can't figure it out! Thanks in advance for your help!

message 2: by Joann (new)

Joann Belonging by Virginia M. Scott?

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon ★ (shann0n) Nope (but thanks for trying!). Grr. I'm so frustrated because I've been scouring my classroom library for this book, but it's not there!

message 4: by mdt (last edited Apr 26, 2011 04:41PM) (new)

mdt (mdt13) | 105 comments My first guess was "Belonging" as well. Another guess: Keeping it Secret by Penny Pollock.

message 5: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (lltoo) | 143 comments A Dance to Still Music by Barbara Corcoran?

message 6: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2105 comments Jody by Deborah Kent
Jody had to keep her fears a secret...was she going deaf?

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I sent the OP a PM. She is still active in GR, so maybe we'll hear back from her. IF not, the next Mod who reads this can/should move it down to Abandoned

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) bkl's suggestion is Jody

Since she' active, let's give her just a few more days. When any mod sees this again, then we can move it. :)

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38240 comments Mod
Shannon has left the group so moving this to Abandoned.