Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Check in on March Madness

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
It's been a long, long winter for most of us and March is almost here. Made me think of how squirrly people got with cabin fever during the winter in the old days (just read a book set in Alaska where an old prospector became convinced he was a chicken).

So I'm wondering if you'd like to share one of the crazy things you've done in your life. Or written about or read about. It doesn't need to be extreme or related to winter --

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

This isn't crazy, but certainly unique. Since I posted the above, I looked out the window at my parent's place in Montana and saw an Albino fawn eating in front of their pine trees (it's a little sheltered there and the snow is pushed away so he could be eating alfalfa). He was beautiful -- only his face was the color of a regular fawn -- the rest of him was white.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Oh no a chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know I have done crazy things but not sure what at present.
Does going to the cricket sitting in the sun when its about 106 degrees sound crazy to you? I have done this many times. I do take water, a towel, etc to try and stay cool.

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yes, Ausjenny, I think that's crazy enough to count. Sometimes the things were passionate about lead us to do things that make others shake their heads. I won't ask if it was worth it -- I know you'd say yes.

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Yes it was considering I did it many years. It was better to sit in the sun than the stands as they are stuck in like sardines. Of course as the game is ending when some of them come down to sit there to get a chance of an autograph etc and have the nerve to say its hot or something they get no sympathy from us hardened people. Now this does happen. I will wear a light jacket normally white and one lady with a sundress going red said how can you sit with that on I turned to her and said how can you not!
I now use a sarong to put over the arms and legs.

the fawn would look lovely. I admit I go stir crazy if I cant get outside. not a pretty sight.