Always Coming Home discussion

Group Reads Discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 26, 2011 09:23AM) (new)

I've set the first group read as Always Coming Home, but if there is interest, I can set up a poll for a concurrent read, or for after ACH is finished. My interests for this group are focused on LeGuin's difficult, little read, or otherwise odd books, but not everyone is a massive fangirl, and having a group read that focuses on her more accessible stuff might be of interest to the less fangirlish. Again, mostly I'm testing for interest in the whole thing.

message 2: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana | 144 comments Mod
I'm glad to read or reread or discuss pretty much anything she's ever written. We'll start with ACH, but the people who've read less of her will probably enjoy her more popular and famous stuff most. One suggestion that comes to mind is to alternate reading one popular then one little known work back and forth. I think that might be fun.

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian | 42 comments I like Tatiana's idea of alternating. Or what about two reading groups so people can choose--one that focuses on little-known work and one focuses on popular work, maybe with overlapping (rather than concurrent or adjacent) reading periods. But maybe it would be too hard to monitor/moderate two groups at once.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm liking this alternating idea, and I think we can poll for specific book ideas. I think it may be worthwhile to have two reads going on at once, or leap-frogging or whatever.

The other thing is that we can have group reads going, but of course discussion is welcome at an point on any of the books. I'll work on setting up more threads for specific books.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 26, 2011 11:22PM) (new)

[Moved it to a better thread.]