Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Book Discussions > Three Sisters Island Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jmagnesi) | 3 comments I just started the three sisters trilogy. I love it so far! I left dance upon the air at work, I am bummed I have to wait until monday to continue!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it's my favorite of her trilogies ever.

message 3: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Three Sisters is one of my favorites of her trilogys. I loved Nell's story best.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Hi Jenn,

I love the three sisters trilogy and am planning to read it again soon. I have left books at work and practilly went into meltdown.

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Nell's was my favorite also. Her story was the most interesting and the most threatening.

message 6: by Teryl (new)

Teryl This was a good one. Mia (is that her name, the last book), I didn't really care for her, she was so mean to Sam.

message 7: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I agree, Teryl. I liked how strong Mia was, but I thought she was unnecessarily bitchy to Sam.

message 8: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 13 comments I didn't care for this trilogy. Enough said.

message 9: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 13 comments I just finished listening to this trilogy, and I love it. So far it's going to join Circle trilogy as a favorite. I like the men in the stories, and the women, too.

Mac is my fave, although Zack is a close second. Sometimes after reading about too many tortured alpha males, it is just nice to read about decent, wonderful, uncomplicated heroes.

message 10: by jenjn79 (last edited Apr 22, 2009 06:21PM) (new)

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
Summary: Three friends, descendants of witches, much face the ancient curse that afflicts Three Sisters Island.

1. Dance Upon The Air
2. Heaven and Earth
3. Face the Fire

Nora Roberts
Dance Upon the Air (Three Sisters Island trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts Heaven and Earth (Three Sisters Island trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island trilogy #3) by Nora Roberts

message 11: by Holli (new)

Holli Great trilogy...I did enjoy this one!

message 12: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Haven't read this one yet...

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess | 54 comments I just finished this series the other day. My favorite book was the first, how could anyone not love Nell and Zack!!

My least favorite was Face the Fire, I liked Sam and Mia but they weren't as interesting to read about as Nell and Zack and Ripley and Mac.

message 14: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
The first was my fav as well, though I liked them all. But Mia was my least fav heroine of the 3. She got on my nerves a bit.

message 15: by Kerri (last edited May 15, 2009 08:12PM) (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments I loved this series, too. I think Mac and Ripley's story was my favorite. I found Mia hard to like at first, too, but I think that she just was so hurt by Sam's suddenly leaving, that she had that hard shell some use to protect themselves from being hurt again. We see through that hard shell in the way she loves Nell, Lulu, and even Ripley, despite their own difficult history.

message 16: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 13 comments Nell and Zack's story is my favorite, although I enjoyed the whole trilogy. It was also fun watching Mac and Ripley go at each other. Sam and Mia's story is the one I have the least amount of emotional investment.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kronk I think that Dance Upon the Air was the first Nora Roberts book I ever read. I loved it and it has lead me to love most of her supernatural romances. My favorite in the series was Heaven & Earth. As a big geek myself, I love Mac's geekishness. The only think that annoyed me was his last name. When I first read it, I thought his name was "Brooke." When I re-read it and saw that his name was actually "Booke" all I could think, "Oh, real subtle, Nora."
As far as Mia and Sam, I don't think she was any meaner to Sam than her broken heart needed her to be. Even he admits to himself that he had unrealistic expectations of how simple it would be to win his way back into her heart & life. However, I do feel that the ending was flat with no real risk of danger, especially when compared to Nell vs. her ex and Ripley vs. her darker side.

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Jennifer I agree about the ending in Mia's story because she was suppose to be the strongest and I felt that it was a little flat. I was geared up about a powerful and exciting ending but was let down.

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jess14141) | 6 comments Deborah wrote: "Jennifer I agree about the ending in Mia's story because she was suppose to be the strongest and I felt that it was a little flat. I was geared up about a powerful and exciting ending but was let ..."

I completely agree. With reading the first two, I expected a great story with the last one, was let down by the third book. Really soft ending, and soft storyline...

message 20: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments I'm in the middle of Heaven and Earth right now...and I think that Mac and Ripley make a cute couple...I cann't believe how much of a carbon copy Carter from Vision in White is of Mac...glad I read that one first though.

Also, I think it's lame that the Nell/Evan Remington story is being revisited again in Heaven and Earth...

message 21: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Amar, have you read Black rose? The man in that story, Booke, is also a Mac/Carter clone.

message 22: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments You mean Roz's guy Mitch? Nope couldn't really get through Black Rose...

message 23: by Miss Kim (last edited May 27, 2009 07:16AM) (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Oops, yes that guy. I don't know where I got Booker from.

message 24: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments So I just wrapped up this series...thanks to you ladies, I was prepared for Face the Fire and ended up liking it better than I thought I would...I really liked Sam and Mia together...really sympathized with Mia actually and can see why she was so cold to Sam, that was a lousy thing to do, leaving her cold just cause he was a big chicken! :-)

message 25: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments I am going to start the Key trilogy next, I think that's one of the last ones I haven't read yet...sigh, hate nearing the end of her list!

message 26: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Booke is one of her heros I think, just can't think of what book he was in.

Ooh, the Key trilogy. I like this one, especially Flynn.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved Sam and Mia. I think she had every right to be a complete bitch to him after the way he left her. I think it also takes a strong woman to rebuild her life and accept what happened.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I'm waiting to get the last two books

message 29: by Miranda (new)

Miranda RYan | 3 comments I just started the first book!

message 30: by Miranda (new)

Miranda RYan | 3 comments I just finished the first book. Wow, it was awesome!

message 31: by Pat (new)

Pat | 7 comments These were the first books of Nora Roberts I ever read. Zach Todd is still one of my favorite heroes.

message 32: by Elementswater13 (last edited Oct 09, 2010 10:05PM) (new)

Elementswater13 Three sisters Island is a really unique trilogy. The use of witches as the main characters are what make it really stand out from the rest of her books. As for the heroes and heroines, all the heroes (Zach, Macallister Booke and Sam Logan) were very interesting I really loved them. As far as the heroines are concerned, Nell was too weak, Ripley was too stubborn and Mia was probably the best.

message 33: by Tobey (new)

Tobey | 1 comments Really enjoyed this trilogy also. Love the witch story thrown into it.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 6 comments This is probably one of my favorite trilogies from her I have read so far. I really loved all the different aspects and all the characters were very likable and (other than the whole magic part) felt very real to me.

message 35: by Jennifer C (new)

Jennifer C This was the first series I read by Nora Roberts and I was hooked! I really enjoyed it.

message 36: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 36 comments Another good one of Nora's. I wanted to smack Ripley a couple of times for being such a harda--. I wanted to be like Mia at times...sexy, mysterious, spooky.

message 37: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5964 comments Mod
I really admired Nell, having the guts to recreate herself and use her natural talents. She's my favorite of the three. Poor Ripley...I think Nora went too far with this character by making her so annoying. Gray redeemed the story, though. Loved him.

message 38: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 36 comments Gray? I cant keep the men in my stories straight. I have too many. LOL

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

My bad!!!!!! I meant Mac.

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Maddox (jmmadd20) | 31 comments Mia and Sam were my favorite of the trilogy. Sam, the sexy male witch, totally made the story for me.

message 41: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 36 comments yeah put a spell on me!!

message 42: by Talya (new)

Talya | 737 comments Mod
Sam was definitely my favorite, very romantic, hot male witch.
Also really liked Macallister, he made Ripley bearable.
And you can't help but love Zach and Nell.

message 43: by Liz (new)

Liz Allen | 5 comments I just finished Face the Fire last night - I have to agree with some of you and say the ending was a bit lacking. It was just like NR had to wrap it all up a bit too quickly. I would have liked an Epilogue where we saw the three sisters together or something. Nell and Zack's story is still the best in my opinion... so sweet and romantic.

message 44: by Jonetta (new)

Liz wrote: "I just finished Face the Fire last night - I have to agree with some of you and say the ending was a bit lacking. It was just like NR had to wrap it all up a bit too quickly. I would have liked an ..."

I agree with you, Liz. An epilogue would have been nice. Loved Nell and Zack.

message 45: by Liz (new)

Liz Allen | 5 comments Yep, I know she used them in the Bride Quartet's last book and it was a perfect way to end the series. It would have been nice to have something similar here.

Nell was just a really good sweet character wasn't she? I love her story and I love her romance with Zack.

message 46: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 74 comments Nell and Zack were my favorite too. This book was so great and really reminded me of the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy" with Julia Roberts.

message 47: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 16 comments this was def one of my favorite stories from ms. Roberts.. sigh than again most are my favorites.. lol :)

message 48: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments Sandra, I know what you mean. It's hard to pick a NR favorite, because whatever I am reading (or re-reading) becomes my latest favorite.

Liz, I agree that an epilogue would have been great for the Three Sisters series. It worked so nicely in the Key series, and come to think of it, does anyone else wish we could see Simon's grown up story (a la Seth Quinn?)

message 49: by Ishy (new)

Ishy (ishy25) | 5 comments I like Nell and Zack's story. The three sisters island trilogy is the first Nora Roberts book that I've read, from then on, I love Nora Roberts.

message 50: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 16 comments I love love this Trilogy. It has forever been one of those series I go back to from time to time, when I need a picker upper.. love it so much!! just like The circle Trilogy.. :D

« previous 1