Chick-lit YA discussion

Debate > Hardcover or Paperback or e-book

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mesa (new)

Mesa  (mesareads) | 70 comments Mod
which one do you preferred?

message 2: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Hmm I can't decide between hardcover and paperback!

message 3: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (proudxnerd9966) Well I'm not the biggest fan of eBooks
But I usually buy paperbacks because they're cheaper but I like hardbacks because they don't tear up as easily.

message 4: by Gaby (new)

Gaby R (gaby18) | 4 comments Well i think i love more paperbacks because they're cheaper but im starting to like hardcovers now.

message 5: by Tori (new)

Tori White | 7 comments Hardcovers! They stand up to wear and tear better than paper backs.

message 6: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charbooks) | 82 comments Mod
I don't really like/have tried Ebooks. I think it's a good idea, but it's constantly buying. Waaay more expensive. Since you can't really check a library book out and upload it to your Kindle, can you?

I like paperbacks best, but hardcovers are good too :)

message 7: by Mesa (new)

Mesa  (mesareads) | 70 comments Mod
if we are talking about the expense, i prefer/like paperbacks. But if i can choose between hardcover’s and paperbacks, i love hardcover’s cause they don't tear up like Kendra said. Now, eBooks...i don't have eBooks so I don’t know anything about them.

message 8: by Jenna (last edited Mar 15, 2011 11:38PM) (new)

Jenna (jennaknows) I definitely prefer paperbacks, but am starting to warm up to hardbacks more. Especially since they can be propped open without me holding it open. ^_^

But a big reason why I prefer paperbacks is because they are way cheaper than hardbacks.

message 9: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofi322) | 6 comments i say paperbacks!! but i just got an ereader and i love it! the ebooks aren't too expensive and they're all in one small device; easy to carry around and pick from various titles BUT! as an avid reader i must admit that i will always prefer the actual book with the pretty cover :)

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber Simon (_amberrrsimon) any is fine with me. !

message 11: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyechevarria) | 6 comments I love hard covers!!! but paper back are ok.And sadly right know I'm stuck with e-books.I really thing each of them have they advantages.

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary All of the above.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 14 comments I have a Kindle so I prefer e-books. I do miss not being able to see the covers when ever I pick it up though but other than that, e-books rock.

message 14: by Sara (new)

Sara (nameless18973) | 3 comments Paperbacks because they weigh less and the handling is better than a hardcover. Ebooks are pretty good, for carry and maneuverability but I still prefer paperbacks for the price and I love the smell, feel of paper but that's just me.

message 15: by Charlotte (new)

I feel bad for Borders. It just shows that e-books are taking over! I was going to save for a Nook, but I'm not so sure anymore. Overall I'd rather have a book in my hand than one in a gigabite.

message 16: by katy (new)

katy (katybarber) | 5 comments I have a Nook and I still read both eBooks and paperback/hardcovers.

I use my Nook and my Nook app for my phone to download the books I want to read on the go with, so when I have some spare time I can just use the device or my phone. It takes up less space than one book in my bag, and can hold multiple ones! But, I usually buy books as paperback/hardcover. I enjoy both. :)

message 17: by Readingcureall (new)

Readingcureall | 3 comments I am a mixer. I love paper or hard for my spiritual books or bible studies as I love to mark in them and make notes. But I love kindle for on the go and finding new authors. I love that where ever my phone goes my kindle books go. I think the ereaders has opened a world of new authros and stories to us that is super cool. I do wish more of the books I want for my kids were kindle formatted. Someday soon I am sure. I also wish there were more free kindle kid books. Especially the new reader kinds. I love the .99cent deals and the free kindle books I find great paper and hard back deals at my goodwill outlet or at yardsales. BTW my friend just passed on a few of the.99 specials not sure how long they are on for I have had pool troubles today so I am gonna go look into it soon. But I did read Chasing Amanda Very good I think I am gonna try one of the others.
CHASING AMANDA, Recipient of THREE Readers Favorite Awards, by Melissa Foster
IN LEAH'S WAKE, Recipient of Coffee Time Reviewer Recommend Award, by Terri Guiliano Long
SOPHIE & CARTER, by Chelsea Fine
THE TRUST, by Sean Keefer
BELLA, by Steve Piacente

Just incase like myself anyone is looking for a deal and a book. Right now I am reading all my homeschool currics for the big first day. We start very soon.

message 18: by Booklover (new)

Booklover | 13 comments All of the above,anything is good as long as i get to read

message 19: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (bookjunkie123) | 5 comments Paperbacks are easier to bend and carry. Hardcovers look porfessional and serious. E-books are really modern and cool. I vote paperbacks.
By the way, why hasn't anyone thought of a netflix for books?

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) Paperbacks!! Hardcovers are too big and bulky. I love a book that I can toss in my bag and lie in bed and read comfortably. Paperbacks are just friendlier. But I don't have an e-reader, so I can't say about ebooks...

message 21: by Readingcureall (new)

Readingcureall | 3 comments I am getting to the point to where I am leaning more towards e-book. I love the free books right at your door kind of thing. Most of the time I do however miss the free specials but when I do get them it makes me soo happy!!! Where as with real books I have to load up all the kids and go hunt yard sales or such for free or cheap books. With e-books the kids can be in the pool and I can get my next fix. lol
BTW I just found they madeMegan's Way Free I read it last year( when it was not free. lol) They also made Chocolicious ( again I had just bought it like a month ago. lol) But I just started it so far pretty good.
Does anyone ever come across free kid ebooks?

message 22: by Kris (new)

Kris (marketing_gurl) | 4 comments I'm loving ebooks because so many awesome self-published authors just can't get into the major bookstores and paper is expensive and wasteful... so, loving my kindle app and I can even loan books to my friends with kindles (or the app on their phone/tablet). If you want to borrow any of my books lemme know. I'm happy to share! Most of which I bought for $.99 or $2.99 so much cheaper than paper. ;-)

Many of my fave Goodread authors probably sell 90%+ of their books in digital format only like Charlotte Abel, Leia Shaw, Amanda Hocking, etc.

message 23: by Kristelle (new)

Kristelle (cuteisjohn) | 1 comments I love hard cover books but they are costly .. E-books are also an option but I feel like I can get most e-books for the same price as paperback, so I would rather expand my visual library collection in my home.

message 24: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Belano (ruthpincabelano) I prefer hardcover. I want my books to last without being torn :)

message 25: by Charlotte (new)

Hardcovers do cost a lot more. I usually only buy hardcovers if I'm getting them used, like on half.com. (which is a great online store for books btw!)

message 26: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindyreadsbooks) | 2 comments I love to hunt for used books on my MUST READ LIST; I usually accept what ever I find hard or paper depending on condition of course. currently, I am so happy with my NOOK color because when my eyes grow tired and my reading glasses are not enought I can up the letter size and wow what a difference. I read much faster that way.

message 27: by Enchanten (new)

Enchanten Enchanten (kaidaashia) i hate e books, cant get into the story with them, cant smell the pages and stuff

i usually buy paperbacks as they are comfortable to read in bed, but if im buying a series of books that i know i will read over and over ill buy hard backs due to their durability.