Basically Books! discussion

Former Group Reads > Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 1628 comments Mod
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/76...
http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1298...

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love

message 2: by disi. (new)

disi. | 3 comments Oh, I want to read Delirium so badly but it won't be released until Nov 1st in german and my mom don't want to buy it in english !!!

message 3: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Oh god, its brillaint, so when u do get it, you will love it, and you can talk to me on here, about it when you do :)

message 4: by disi. (new)

disi. | 3 comments :D so, we will see us in Nov in this thread! :P :) :P

message 5: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

YEP :)

message 6: by Sandra "Jeanz" (new)

Sandra "Jeanz" I want to read Delirium but am having to wait till the price comes down a bit for it on kindle! :(

message 7: by Char (new)

Char (CharmaineElaine) Sandra "Jeanz" wrote: "I want to read Delirium but am having to wait till the price comes down a bit for it on kindle! :("

I'm waiting to actually get a Kindle lol. It's not long until Christmas now. (If I keep telling myself that maybe it will come quicker lol.) =D

message 8: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Same, im waiting for xmas, for kindle :)

message 9: by Sandra "Jeanz" (new)

Sandra "Jeanz" I got mine for my birthday Tara-Jayne

message 10: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Cool, my bday, is a month before xmas, so i might aswell wait an extra month :) lol

message 11: by Char (new)

Char (CharmaineElaine) My birthday's a month after Christmas and my mum's getting well excited because it'll be my 21st.

message 12: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

OH CHAR 21ST WOW :)

message 13: by Char (new)

Char (CharmaineElaine) I KNOW! MY MUMS STARTED GETTING MY PRESENTS!

message 14: by Sandra "Jeanz" (new)

Sandra "Jeanz" Ooooo to be 21 again .....lol

message 15: by Char (new)

Char (CharmaineElaine) Sandra "Jeanz" wrote: "Ooooo to be 21 again .....lol"

Lol, I'd do anything to be 18 all over again. XD

message 16: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

im only 16 :P

message 17: by Char (new)

Char (CharmaineElaine) Lol, you'll never reach 18 because I'm stealing your birthday. =P

message 18: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

YOUR STEALING my bday :/ but i wanna be 18, so i can drink legally lol

message 19: by Char (new)

Char (CharmaineElaine) Wll you can have my bday, but be aware, I only drink vodka XD

message 20: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Haha, i love alcohol, but only alowed at xmas, and new years, so as soon as i am 18, IM gonna have some :P lol

message 21: by Char (new)

Char (CharmaineElaine) Lol, I'm really fussy. I only allow certain things to enter my body.

message 22: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Hmmm, i dnt care, but i dont like vegtables at all, i know random lol

message 23: by Char (new)

Char (CharmaineElaine) I like some vegetables. We've gone off topic lol.

message 24: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

i know, but i hate them , erghhh, ANd i hardly eat fruite :P lol

Im so unhealthy :(

HEHE oops

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished Delirium the other day - I really enjoyed it, even though it was one of those new types of YA dystopia where I just couldn't see how the author thought it was ever remotely possible of happening. (Maybe my understanding of dystopia is wrong but I thought it was meant to take something from today's society to an extreme to throw a bit of thought-provoking social commentary its way?).

Anyway, all that aside, I thought the prose was beautiful, it had some clever ideas - like the excerpts from propaganda material at the start of the chapters - and a very exciting ending. I now have it on my 'Series to follow' shelf. :)

message 26: by Sandra "Jeanz" (new)

Sandra "Jeanz" Emma wrote: "I just finished Delirium the other day - I really enjoyed it, even though it was one of those new types of YA dystopia where I just couldn't see how the author thought it was ever remotely possible..."

Pandemonium is bk2 and is even better than Delirium!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Sandra "Jeanz" wrote: "Emma wrote: "I just finished Delirium the other day - I really enjoyed it, even though it was one of those new types of YA dystopia where I just couldn't see how the author thought it was ever remo..."

Have you read it already?? I didn't think it was out for months.