Chick-lit YA discussion

Series > What is your favorite Series?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mesa (new)

Mesa  (mesareads) | 70 comments Mod
Tell us about your favorite series. Which one would you recommend?

message 2: by Gaby (new)

Gaby R (gaby18) | 4 comments Vampire Academy (:

message 3: by Mesa (new)

i just bought the first book yesterday. love to read it soon :P

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily | 3 comments Mortal Instruments series (can't wait for City of Fallen Angels). And the Hunger Games Series...

Team Peeta :) (had to put that)

message 5: by Ember (new)

Ember Rose  (ember539) Lily wrote: "Mortal Instruments series (can't wait for City of Fallen Angels). And the Hunger Games Series...

Team Peeta :) (had to put that)"

the mortal insturments series is amazing I also can't wait fo city of fallen angels. did you know there making a movie for the series?

message 6: by Tori (new)

Tori White | 7 comments Well, I'm not obsessive or anything, but mine is the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.

message 7: by Lily (new)

Lily | 3 comments Emily wrote: "Lily wrote: "Mortal Instruments series (can't wait for City of Fallen Angels). And the Hunger Games Series...

the mortal insturments series is amazing I also ..."

Yeah I was excited when I heard they were making a movie. But then I got kind of scared. I just hope they stay true to the book and don't ruin it, because I love that series.

message 8: by Ember (new)

Ember Rose  (ember539) Lily wrote: "Emily wrote: "Lily wrote: "Mortal Instruments series (can't wait for City of Fallen Angels). And the Hunger Games Series...

the mortal insturments series is amazi..."

I know me and me friends feel the same way because personaly we think they ruined the twilight movies.

message 9: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennaknows) My favorite series' are Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling and The Hollows series by Kim Harrison.

I would also definitely recommend them. I don't think I have to tell you what Harry Potter is about, but The Hollows or The Rachel Morgan series is about a Witch, Rachel Morgan, who is a bounty-hunter. She takes care of felonious Inderlanders. Inderlanders are basically non-human creatures, so vampires, witches, pixies, werewolves, elves etc.

The series is full of colorful characters and exciting plot. Rachel is also a fantastic heroine who can protect and take care of herself. Definitely recommend you give it a shot.

message 10: by Mesa (new)

Thanks for the recommendation Jenna. I'll be sure to check them out.

message 11: by J (new)

J (pjikh) | 2 comments Probably Aimee Friedman's summer series (including South Beach, French Kiss, and Hollywood Hills).

Another great one is Hailey Abbott's Summer Boys series (Summer Boys, Next Summer, After Summer , and Last Summer).

message 12: by Trixia (new)

Trixia | 2 comments Mod
I love the House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.

message 13: by Fleur (new)

Fleur (pansy25) | 3 comments Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
Dark series by Angie Sage
Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

message 14: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (bookjunkie123) | 5 comments Pretty Little Liars (9 soon to be 10 books), Twilight (4 with a spin off and guide), Harry Potter (7), and The Luxe (4)

message 15: by Annie (new)

Annie (0bookgeek0) Percy Jackson and the Olympian, I love this fast pace action packed book!
Oh and the hunger games even though I was disappointed in the last book it was still a very amazing series!

message 16: by Anum (new)

Anum (Muna13) | 2 comments I used to be a huge twilight fan, and that's because it introduced me to the whole YA fantasy genre I suppose.

But, I adore the Mortal Instruments (and of course Infernal Devices). Recently read the Hunger Games, wonderful series.

message 17: by Katie (new)

Katie Trahan (ktrahan) | 3 comments I would have to say the Harry Potter series. I just recently got into it, and I love it! I'm so glad my best friend introduced me to it!

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber Simon (_amberrrsimon) The Sookie Stackhouse series and The Pretty Little Liar series!

message 19: by Carly (new)

Carly (Lis les Livres) (lisleslivres) Annie wrote: "Percy Jackson and the Olympian, I love this fast pace action packed book!
Oh and the hunger games even though I was disappointed in the last book it was still a very amazing series!"

I read both of these and loved them. Even though Percy Jackson is juvenille i still read them in a short matter of time. The Hunger Gaes was the best one in the series. I recently read The Nine Lives of Chloe King. The abcfamily show is completely different, but I like it more than the books

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Garliss (sgarliss) | 1 comments Gaby wrote: "Vampire Academy (:"

I came into this post just to write that!! Great minds think alike :)

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine Fortes | 3 comments the twilight series

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 14 comments I have so many that I really love it is hard to name them all.

One series that I adore that doesn't get enough attention is the Spirit Guide series by E.J. Stevens. Such a cute fun read.
She Smells the Dead (Spirit Guide, #1) by E.J. Stevens

These are all great series that I have really loved so far that are all YA. I am sure there are some I am forgetting but these are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Shade (Shade, #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready 13 to Life (13 to Life, #1) by Shannon Delany Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine Fortes | 3 comments Tori wrote: "Well, I'm not obsessive or anything, but mine is the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer."

Mine 2 it took me a while to join the bandwagon but im fully riding it now :)

message 24: by Rockee (new)

Rockee | 9 comments Right now...

The Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins and Evernight series by Claudia Gray. Think Twilight/Sabrina the Teenage Witch/Veronica Mars/Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Shy The WidowMaker (booklovingmama) I would have to say Harry Potter was my all time favorite. I am really into the Blue Bloods series now though. I also loved Hex Hall too.