good books discussion

Books

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

if anyone joins and has suggestions, post it here.

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jakadeus) | 20 comments Thanks for inviting me. I will try to think of some good books you might like.

The Wizard of Earthsea, the Tombs of Atuan, and the Farthest Shore comprise a great series, which is easy to read and understand.

When I think of more, I'll let you know.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

ok thanks! Do you know how to get people to join a group without inviting them? Like how can they find it?

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jakadeus) | 20 comments I don't know, but maybe adding some books to the bookshelf, some tags of the genres you like, things like that might help.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

OK thanks!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Could I suggest Watership Down?

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim (jakadeus) | 20 comments The Last Unicorn is good. Peter S. Beagle

message 8: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Thanks for inviting me! I want to suggest The Three Musketeers.

message 9: by Ruth (new)

Ruth (toot) | 2 comments I have just finished reading The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. It is a really good book. Have any of you read it?

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim (jakadeus) | 20 comments Ruth wrote: "I have just finished reading The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. It is a really good book. Have any of you read it?"

Ruth, that looks like a very interesting book. We are approximately 10 miles from the Heart Mountain Relocation camp where tens of thousands of Japanese citizens were interred. During the war, it was the third largest city in the state of Wyoming. I am going to add it to my to-read list right now.

message 11: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Ruth wrote: "I have just finished reading The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. It is a really good book. Have any of you read it?"

What's it about (and thanks for joining the group :D)?

message 12: by Ruth (new)

Ruth (toot) | 2 comments Jim, I think you will enjoy the read. Are you reading anything you would recommend?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

We have to vote. I'll make a poll for April.

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim (jakadeus) | 20 comments Ok, you guys should read the first 3 or 4 Xanth novels. I think you would like them.

A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1) by Piers Anthony
The Source of Magic (Xanth, #2) by Piers Anthony
Castle Roogna (Xanth, #3) by Piers Anthony
Centaur Aisle (Xanth, #4) by Piers Anthony

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

alright. we will, eventually, maybe May, but I've already made the poll. Sorry!

message 16: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Awesome! I didn't recognize your profile pic for a second.

How many Xanth novels are there?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know. Take the poll!!!!

message 18: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) I did take the poll.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm telling everyone else. TAKE THE POLL!!! it won't help if half the group voted and they're all in the same family, so TAKE THE POLL!!!

message 20: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Oh. I thought you were telling me to take the poll so I know how many Xanth books there are.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not exactly sure how taking a poll would help you figure out how many Xanth books there would be... but I forgive you! :)

message 22: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) That's what I was thinking!

message 23: by Sammy, I am a dreadfully diagnosed sociopath. (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 320 comments Mod
What is Xanth about?

message 24: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Dunno.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

me neither.

message 26: by Summer ☀️ (new)

Summer ☀️ (summerroxyursox) Hi!! I think I'm going to recommend the book Virals. It's extremely good!! :D

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Who's it by?