Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Combining Books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 392 comments Christeen wrote: "if the book is published under a different name but is the same, do you combine it? ex. how to rule the School was originally Crown Me! and is currently How to Rule the school."

Yes.

message 2: by Lioba (new)

Lioba | 13 comments I am facing a problem trying to combine the German and the English version of "The Eye of the Moon" by "Anonymous". The name of the German version is "Das Buch ohne Staben" by "Anonymus". I already changed the German author to "Anonymous". But I still can't find a way of combining the two. When I mark the first and then go looking for the second and mark it, it says "you must combine at least two...". Can someone fix this please? Thanks!

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Got it, Lioba. (You need to get the books onto the same combine page so that they can both be checked at once; the best way to do this with a huge author like Anonymous is to temporarily change one edition's title to the other edition's title, use the filter on the combine page to search on that title, combine the editions from the filter results, and then change the first edition's title back to its proper form.)

message 4: by Lioba (new)

Lioba | 13 comments Thanks a lot :)! I'll try to keep this little trick in mind for another time.

Cait wrote: "Got it, Lioba. (You need to get the books onto the same combine page so that they can both be checked at once; the best way to do this with a huge author like Anonymous is to temporarily change one..."

message 5: by Arzu (last edited Mar 21, 2011 03:31PM) (new)

Arzu | 4 comments Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but I just noticed following: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/93... is mentioned to be the German edition of Night Game, but that isn't correct. It's the Christmas novella "After the Music" of Feehan's antology A Very Gothic Christmas. The German edition of Night Game is http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/69.... Could someone please do the needed changes? Thanks.

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Thanks for catching that, Arzu! I think I have them correctly combined now. (It's always okay to start a new thread for a new book in the librarian group, but this is okay too.)

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 22, 2011 09:35AM) (new)

message 8: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Antía wrote: "I'm having a problem with book El Cuento Del Cortador De Bambu that is spanish translation of [book:The Old Bamboo-Hewer's Story: Taketori Monogatari : the Earliest of the Japanese R..."

Yup, if it's the translation it should be combined.