Always Coming Home discussion

Non-Fiction > Steering the Craft

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Her writing on writing.

message 2: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana | 144 comments Mod
Oh yes, I liked this one. It seems there was one more about writing, too, wasn't there? I'm trying to gather all of them up, at which point I hope I'll have something more coherent to say.

message 3: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 4 comments Because of a certain fangirl, I've been noticing things with Ursula K. LeGuin's name and last night I saw Dancing at the Edge of the World: Thoughts on Words, Women, Places on the bookstore shelf - is that the one you were thinking of, Tatiana?

message 4: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana | 144 comments Mod
Yes! I loved it! I read them both not long ago, some I'm totally muddled about which said what. I remember one had writing exercises which were fun. The new bookcase must have all these in it, that's what I'm beginning to realize. Of course it's crammed totally full in all six shelves two deep already, so I'll have to excavate it today to find them.

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian | 42 comments I just put Steering the Craft in my to-read list, along with my Amazon shopping cart, this morning ... and then I noticed this discussion thread just now. It's got some great reviews from our fellow GRers. The excercises sound fun, but also challenging, which is what I want--something to help me grow.

C, have you read it also?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Not really. I used to have a copy, but it seems to have gone missing - I have a bad habit of giving away books I love. I think I've read the introduction, but then I get a little hazy with essays. I have read some of her essays on writing, in other collections, and I really like the ways she thinks about it, especially what she has to say about genre fiction, specifically.