Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Documentaries > Exit Through The Gift Shop

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D. (new)

D. Turner (frameofmind12) | 59 comments Thierry Guetta , is obsessed with filming graffiti artists. He eventually meets the most elusive, Banksy. After developing a friendship Thierry decides to be an artist with quite unexpected results.
Moral of the story: Truth is stranger than fiction

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10614 comments and: it could only happen in LA

message 3: by D. (new)

D. Turner (frameofmind12) | 59 comments Haha. So true.

message 4: by Sooz (new)

Sooz i loved this movie, which is fiercely entertaining why addressing the huge issue of culture -or more specifically the arts- in the modern technological age.

when art runs afoul of the technological ability to mass reproduce AND society's need for mass consumerism we end up with a brief self-made celebrity like 'Mr. Brainwash'. that Guetta choses this name for himself and everything that transpires in L.A. while he is putting on his show ....well.... the irony meter is off the scale.

i love it.

message 5: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne Raphael (MaryanneRaphael) | 250 comments Recently watched "Last Year at Marianbad." I still find it interesting and at times confusing but comfortably so. Maryanne

message 6: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10614 comments not sure what last year at marienbad has to do with banksy or mr brainwash, but ok ... do your thing

message 7: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne Raphael (MaryanneRaphael) | 250 comments I never can figure out how to make a comment that relates to someone else's I try to hit reply but it leads me to the end of the line. I once stopped writing for a month because I could not be where I was supposed to be. If it bothers someone I will be happy to write at another site. maryanne

message 8: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10614 comments not bothered at all, just didn't understand what your comment was referring to.

message 9: by D. (new)

D. Turner (frameofmind12) | 59 comments Sooz wrote: "i loved this movie, which is fiercely entertaining why addressing the huge issue of culture -or more specifically the arts- in the modern technological age.

when art runs afoul of the technologi..."

I don’t want to spoil the picture BUT ...When his wife decided to start filming I couldn’t help but wonder what the dynamic would be between them. Sequel?