Mock Printz 2022 discussion

Mock Printz 2011 > New YA Release

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Franki (new)

Franki Sibberson | 13 comments I just finished THE PULL OF GRAVITY and really liked it. It seemed like more of a younger YA novel (middle school) but I was hooked from the beginning. A great read.

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (thebrainlair) | 198 comments Franki wrote: "I just finished THE PULL OF GRAVITY and really liked it. It seemed like more of a younger YA novel (middle school) but I was hooked from the beginning. A great read."

I feel sorry for the younger YA novel because they always get lost. Too young for Printz and too old for Newbery. We need an award for the middle ground.

message 3: by Franki (new)

Franki Sibberson | 13 comments I agree. These are the kinds of books I look for too--I have a K-5 library and it is a huge need--these YA books for younger readers. Seems there is such a span of YA. This is a great book. It isn't young like OKAY FOR NOW. Definitely upper middle school, I think. Definitely a great read.

message 4: by Franki (new)

Franki Sibberson | 13 comments Although there is a huge connection to OF MICE AND MEN so maybe it will appeal to older kids too. I can see lots of HS teachers sharing it.

message 5: by Dana (new)

Dana Duffy Backs | 27 comments I am reading The Accidental Genius of Weasel HighIt's a combination novel/graphic novel. The protagonist is 14, but I think the appeal is for 11 and up. I'm enjoying it so far.