Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Just Random > Where are my ratings???

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments All my star ratings for my read books have disappeared. Has anyone else noticed this? I want my ratings back!

message 2: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 1006 comments How do you mean disappeared, Lahni? Could it have been just the graphics for the stars weren't displaying? That sometimes happens. I see star ratings when I look at your book list, so I'm pretty sure whatever the problem was it was just temporary.

message 3: by Lahni (last edited Feb 25, 2011 07:09PM) (new)

Lahni | 638 comments They're back now but that was wierd. Last night I noticed one book where I had a review listed but no star rating and I always do both. When I tried to click on the empty stars, empty boxes appeared instead. Then today none of my books had star ratings. All the stars were empty. Now they all seem fine though. I was afraid I'd have to go back and re-rate 400+ books. Could be I'm just losing my mind. =P

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 3451 comments Mod
Lahni wrote: "They're back now but that was wierd. Last night I noticed one book where I had a review listed but no star rating and I always do both. When I tried to click on the empty stars, empty boxes appea..."

Remember that you can export all your GR stuff to an Excel spreadsheet. So if anything like that ever does really happen, at least you'll have the old info to work from. I try to do it every couple of months.

message 5: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Susan wrote: "Lahni wrote: "They're back now but that was wierd. Last night I noticed one book where I had a review listed but no star rating and I always do both. When I tried to click on the empty stars, emp..."

I never thought of that. Thanks!

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) | 2827 comments Mod
Lahni wrote: "Susan wrote: "Lahni wrote: "They're back now but that was wierd. Last night I noticed one book where I had a review listed but no star rating and I always do both. When I tried to click on the em..."

I do the same thing, Susan, and the good thing is, Lahni, you can then import the same spreadsheet back into good reads if your data disappears. Thus you don't have to start from scratch and rebuild.

message 7: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Anyone have a sample spreadsheet they'd like to e-mail me? I'm a bit spreadsheet illiterate.

Lahni wrote: "Anyone have a sample spreadsheet they'd like to e-mail me? I'm a bit spreadsheet illiterate."

Actually, you don't need one. If you go to your MY BOOKS page on GRs and look at the left side of the page (below you list of shelves) there is a section called tools. The second option is import/export. Click on that. It should take you to another page which has an option called "export to a csv file" on the right side of the page. Click on that and say yes when it asks if you are sure. Then just save the resulting file in excel as an excel file.

message 9: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 638 comments Lyn M wrote: "Lahni wrote: "Anyone have a sample spreadsheet they'd like to e-mail me? I'm a bit spreadsheet illiterate."

Actually, you don't need one. If you go to your MY BOOKS page on GRs and look at the l..."

Thanks, Lyn M. Sounds easy enough.

Anytime, Lahni. Hope it works.