Villa Incognito Villa Incognito discussion

Should you read?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Stephanie Strocco Although I gave it three stars it was a really easy and interesting read. The author is just really weird and there was a small lag in the book. But I'd recommend it.

message 2: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:19AM) (new)

Stacy I read it a long time ago. From what I remember I enjoyed it, I do remember it lagging a bit but overall it was enjoyable..

message 3: by Juliana (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Juliana yes, of course.

message 4: by J.C. (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.C. I loved it but if you never read Tom, don't start with this one, try Jitterbug Perfume or Still Life With Woodpecker first. Those were written more when he was "in his prime" and Villa was his last novel (so far).

message 5: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I agree with J.C. If you have never read any Tom Robbins I would recommend starting at the beginning and working your way up to Fierce Invalids and Villa Incognito. In fact, my first was Jitterbug Perfume and I was gripped. Went back to Roadside, Cowgirls, Woodpecker, Skinny Legs and Frogs Pyjamas and felt it was like a journey, culminating with Villa Incognito.
Some authors just hit the spot and Tom Robbins does that for me.

Malini OP: Yes

message 7: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam My first intro to TR was Still Life. I really can't pick a favorite, though Villa and Fierce Invalids do rank lower on my list. They're still good, just not quite as smooth and Robbins-esque as some of his other novels.

Michael Brown Man's a genius, enough said.