The Next Best Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danie (new)

Danie (heyydanie) Hey everyone, I'm Danie! Just joined, and I'm excited for some awesome recommendations.

So, let me tell you some things about myself...

I'm 21, and engaged to an Airman, who is the love of my life. Long-distance military relationships suck, by the way. Which is why I'm moving there in June, yay! Anyways, I'm a full-time nanny to an amazing 18 month old little boy. I'll probably mention him in passing here and there. I'm the oldest of five kids, and I live in New York.

That's really all I can think of at the moment. I look forward to chatting with you all soon!

message 2: by Krys (new)

Krys Hey! Welcome!

I'm a newbie as well. :o)

Congrats on the engagement. Sounds like you're making the long-distance thing work, even though it is a pain.

And yay for larger-than-average families! I'm the second oldest of four kids, and the only female. My youngest brother is 12 yrs younger than me.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

message 3: by Danie (new)

Danie (heyydanie) Thanks for the welcome, Krystal!

We are. It hasn't been without it's struggles, but we're doing it.

Yay big families! I've got one sister, who's 16, and three brothers, who are 20, 15, and 8. Our family in general is pretty big. Dad's one of 7, who all have kids, so I'm the second oldest of 26 cousins. Family reunions are always pretty interesting, hahah. Good thing my grandparents own a farm with lots of land that we can all camp out on when we all get together, because there is no way we'd all fit.

message 4: by Krys (new)

Krys That is so cool. My crew is a bit older than yours. My older brother is 27, I'm 25, and then the younger two are 22 and 13.

Oh my gosh! Twenty-six cousins? That's pretty awesome. My parents both came from smaller households, and not all of their siblings decided to have large families. So I've got two cousins on one side and five on the other. Family reunions are still a bit tricky, since cousins are getting married and having families of their own.

Still, it sounds like your family get togethers are super fun. I love camping and being outdoors. :o)

message 5: by Danie (new)

Danie (heyydanie) Yeah, we're all fairly close in age, with the exception of the youngest. He and I have about 12 and a half years between us.

Yes, twenty-six of us. The youngest is 6, and the oldest is 22. Our reunions usually last about 4 or 5 days because we're all so spread out and it's hard to get everyone in one spot at the same time. Each of the older cousins usually brings a friend/girlfriend/boyfriend, plus we have close family friends that come, then my Gram's sisters and their families come, and second and third cousins. It's a huge affair, hahah. Our last one was four years ago though. Now that I think about it, we really should have another soon...

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10089 comments Mod
Hi Danie. Welcome to the group!

Wow, anytime I hear about large families I always cringe at how much it must have cost to raise everyone! I have two boys and they take up all of my extra cash!!!!

message 7: by Danie (new)

Danie (heyydanie) Thank you! And can I just say, your shelves are making me add even more to my TBR pile. Yay!

I honestly have no idea how my parents did it. I suppose it helped that we're separated (I live with Dad, my sister and two brothers live with Mom, and other brother lives with his wife and daughter). But even then, kids are expensive. My best friend has an 11 month old, and I can't even fathom the amount of money she shells out every month.

How old are your boys?

message 8: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kristicasey) Welcome Danie! Congrats on the engagement. The military spouse life is a very hard, but very rewarding life. Seperations are hard, but the friendships you'll form will last you a lifetime.