Angel (Maximum Ride, #7) Angel discussion

Angel Review

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Annie Breece Hello my fellow Maximum Ride fans! There may contain some spoilers. So if you havn't read the book yet go away!!!

The newest book to the Maximum Ride saga wasn't so great. Like the book FANG there wasn't that much fighting but more of romance. Which I must say I think most fans are here for the action and comedy! I think the whole Max/Fang/Dylan/Maya thing was kinda weird...I know alot of you are complaining about it. But at least your complaining about it!!! My point is, is its making the book intresting..Yah..But seriously JP if the final book doesn't end with Max and Fang together you may end up with a Riot at your house...And im not kidding..

I'd also like to point out something that I think most people didn't really notice. Well may have noticed but where to worked up about the whole Max/Fang/Dylan/Maya thing >.> Anywho I mean like every character changed!!! Fang is much more talky, Max is more lovy dovy and not as tough as she used to be..., Angel has NOT changed back shes bossy and trying to be incharge of things! Max just hasn't noticed it >.> and Gazzy and Iggy are pretty much the same but come on! They need more lines!!! And Nudge...WHAT THE HELL?!?!??! Okay Nudge probly has less lines than 'starfish' (which don't get me wrong I love that guy xD) but seriously?!?!? She probly has the least amount of lines than all the characters..and hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....whos the blabbermouth?!??!?!?!?! Wheres my spunky fashion mutant freak!??!?! She probly got just got about three short lines the whole book!!!!!!!!!! Also just wondering but wheres Total?? Like at the end..? He like disapeared..I mean did he die or somefin?!? And the voice....It came back for one line...Is it Jeb?? Will we ever really find out....... What a cliff hanger though...Hurry up 'The End of Maximum Ride'...does that mean that its the last book D:..and that Max dies??????????????????????????????????

Katniss Yes, I agree, Angel was not of the same caliber as the previous books, although I must disagree with you one the opinion of Fang having less action. It seemed of more or less the same to me.
There is only one thing I would like to say. Twilight. That's what this is turning into. All books these days, all my favorite series, are turning into Twilight.(In case you didn't get it, I'm not a huge Twilight fan). I was quite pleased with the gentle hints at romance in the previous books - they moved the plot slightly, but were not THE PLOT, only a part of it. In this one, the plot WAS the romance, which I was not happy about at ALL. I will admit, I still gave it 5 stars, but only because I'm thinking it may be a setup for something huge in the next book.
That is exactly what I think this whole book was. A way for Mr. Patterson to push the characters and plot into place for a huge, explosive, BANG ending. The new enemy, the new conflicts within the conflicts, the way the characters are acting - it's all the ways an author slyly places the base for a really good sequel.
I must say I agree with you on the character motives, now that you mention it. There was something oddly wrong about the way everyone was acting. It just wasn't ... them. But until you mentioned it, I wasn't sure what it was. I do think that the entire flock requires more involvement, as in the previous books. The only people who spoke to any extent were Max, Fang, Angel, and the colective crew of Fang.
Then again, this may be a way to show that the people brainwashed aren't them selves in a more subtle way. Iggy had many more lines after he was 'revived' but Ella, since she was not fully revived, didn't talk much after wards. Gazzy and Nudge were never fully immersed in the brainwashing, but were second hand to it, and just like someone exposed to second hand smoke, some of the effects wore off on those around them. It may be like this, but then again, one can never be sure.
One last thing before I finish this entry (rant). Fang is WAY messed up. One moment, he's totally into Max, next it's almost as if he's trying to ignore her entirely. Just saying.
*end rant*

Sophia Scarlettt wrote: "Hello my fellow Maximum Ride fans! There may contain some spoilers. So if you havn't read the book yet go away!!!

The newest book to the Maximum Ride saga wasn't so great. Like the book FANG the..."

I definitely agree. And Fang is too...I'm not entirely sure, but apart from him being talkative, there's something weird about him that I can't quite place my finger on...

message 4: by Paige (new) - added it

Paige I have no idea where Senor Patterson was going with this but if he wants die by the hands of angry fans fine by me. I nearly killed myself over the fact that they LEFT ELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How on earth can you leave your half-sister with 'spider eye kids' for the guy that broke your heart. I was hoping for a Maya/ Max smack down. And really like one fight scene come on. And the cuddling! she sounds like my sister lord. JP you need a book check.

Sophia Paige wrote: "I have no idea where Senor Patterson was going with this but if he wants die by the hands of angry fans fine by me. I nearly killed myself over the fact that they LEFT ELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How on e..."

Paige, just give up, it's hopeless. The guy killed the series at book four, when he started the "protectors series."

message 6: by Paige (new) - added it

Paige touche, my friend.

Alli Cat of Night @ Paige, *sigh* I too was hopeing that Max would beat the crap out of Maya. Also the new books suck when you go back and read the old ones. It's sad.

Samara Ok i think u guys got itALLLLL wrong
Max is soo not lovet dovey Hellooo are u reading the book or wht
Dont u notice how she gets away from dylan the way she is acting is full of emotion but that doesnt mean shes all lovey dovy bc thats the way she used to act like in The Angel Experiment - DUHH-STUPID-
Next you guys are right about Nudge shes not talkingg LOL
But I notice how u say that Fang is talkitive but he actully is not I can see why u would think that- Its just bc that hes talkingg alot bc he has his own gang and e needs to fill them in
-OKAYY Angel is bossy to HELP shes helping Max shes not taking over the world( Chameleon your right it seemed as if he gave up at 4- I think 3 but seriouslly 6 was awsome (FANG) and Angel is tooo) It seems as if Angel was badon urpose--- ACTULLY NOOO-
Max is tough
This book was not like romance it was like book 2's romance -A teeeny tineyyyy bitt. Jp did really great with this book he added romance with ALOTTTTYYYYY OF ACTION THE BOMB THE BRAIN WASHING ECT? The rest was not romance after that
Ohh yaa Ella i feel bad about her she wants wings i dont blame her i sooo want wings tooookoo
Soo coll flying i wish i were i the maximum Ride series
Also i think that its bad about Fang hes careless and hes stuck to Max2 bc of her personality while its not like Max lovess dylan plus shes still trying to get used to ehen dylan taps her touvhes her otherwise Fang its tottaly natural to her
In the book didnt u notice how she reacted when he said his gang is leavong Max lifted her head and saw was probably angry she loves Fang his ryes had been full of emotion when she lookedat him
That makes me think that he probably loves her its just that he cant take her away from her own flock so he ut up with Max 2 !!!!

Samara Sorrry i got alittle 2 seriouse when i said Max is not lovey dovey
Woopps just tryong to cite my evidence of my claim

message 10: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I agree with a lot that you guys have said. I mean WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! This book was so different from the others that it almost seems out of place. I just hope the next book redeems itself. I agree with Katniss that this book may have just been a set up for the next one but even so it could have been better.

Samara This book is very different from the others by the way the charater- Max is reacting bc she is changing

Samara For example eversince Fang left Max has been desperate unfocased--- waitttt actully noo thats not different bc if he left in the other books she still would of still reacted that same way..wait actullly whts different is that she been changing in every book likeing Fang bc at first she had always been a friend to Fang then her feelings changed a bit then it changed more then alottt and that made her inlovvevwith Fang
So if he left wayyy way early like in book 1 then she probably wouldnt have cryed her life out.....
Hmmmm......

Samara Katniss wrote: "Yes, I agree, Angel was not of the same caliber as the previous books, although I must disagree with you one the opinion of Fang having less action. It seemed of more or less the same to me.
Th..."

Actully this book turned into a twilight by using that 1 word which is imprinting

message 14: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Good observation...Max is a very dynammic character for sure. I also wanted to say that Angel is a turning point in this series. Either, the whole thing goes down hill from here, or it ends with a huge bang and is qualified for one of the best series ever written. I absolutely LOVE this series and if the ending is bad I am going to be SOOO angry. You can't find really good books that easy anymore. I have read a lot of books and I couldnt ever have a favorite, but this series is close to the top of my list.

Samara I tottttttaly agreee with you
and thanks - Max is a dynammic character!!
Im going to send you my friend request!! - except?!..

message 16: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I have to say though...DYLAN NEEDS TO GO!!! He is actually kind of a creeper the way he is around Max. It is really scary how the scientists "imprinted" Dylan for Max. Am I the only one who thinks that is at least the slightest bit creepy?!?! I mean, would he be like he is, if he were not "imprinted"? Would he even like Max? He said in the book that he thinks if he were not made for her, that he would have liked her anyways, but how could he know?! The dude is almost full grown but in reality, is only several months old. I think Dylan should be with Maya and Max should be with Fang. It would solve almost all their problems!! Max and fang belong together and Maya and Dylan are just in the way! Agreed?

Samara Totally agree
and can you actually believe that Dylan kissed Max that is soo discusting b/c in book 6 it did say that Dylan was like 7(like Ari)

Samara dylan has to leave forever
hes really bugging me

message 19: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I know!!! It is so creepy how he is their age, but in reality, is only a few months old. I HATE Dylan!! He is just too mysterious and creepy for my taste. Max can't be with him!!!!!