Chicks On Lit discussion

Other Hot Book Discussions > A Year of Books for You and Your Club or Friends - and a little thank you :-)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (last edited Feb 27, 2011 07:08AM) (new)

Meg Clayton (megwaiteclayton) | 129 comments Tera suggested I post this in this thread. I'm teaming up with 11 other incredible authors, including two current NYT bestsellers, a current finalist for the L.A. Times 1st Fiction award, and several Target Book Club pick authors - all of us with great book club followings - to give away a year of books for one winner and his or her book group or friends. 12 books, up to 8 copies each. Details on my blog under the tab #Win96Books.

Thanks all of you, for your support of The Wednesday Sisters, and for all the requests (almost 2,000!) for the giveaway copies of The Four Ms. Bradwells in the advanced reader giveaway here. I hope those of you who got them are enjoying them. Random House is sending me around the country to promote The Four Ms. Bradwells this spring; if I get near you, do come say hello, and perhaps share a cup of tea with me after the reading?

Meg
http://www.megwaiteclayton.com

message 2: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Meg I hope you come to Austin. Do you know your tour schedule?

I love this giveaway. I think it's great for everyone who has an in person book club or wants to start one. But I was also thinking that anyone who wanted to do a year of buddy reads with a group would love this.
Wouldn't it be fun to do an entire year of buddy reads with these books? I think that would be a great CoL thing.

message 3: by Meg (new)

Meg Clayton (megwaiteclayton) | 129 comments No Austin. Not even anything close to Texas. :-(

>I was also thinking that anyone who wanted to do a year of buddy reads with a group would love this. Wouldn't it be fun to do an entire year of buddy reads with these books? I think that would be a great CoL thing.

And I absolutely agree with this. The giveaway is absolutely meant to be for anyone who wants to read with friends in whatever way they want. And no better group of reading friends that I know than CoL. :-)

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli How fun!! Thank you so much for this opportunity Meg and I wish you were coming to Texas!!

message 5: by Laura K (new)

Laura K | 266 comments Sounds awesome, and very generous!
Meg, are you coming to the Milwaukee area? I am trying to remember if you once visited Next Chapter Bookshop in Mequon (just north of Milwaukee); it may have been Harry Schwartz Bookstore at the time. They have many author appearances.

message 6: by Skena (new)

Skena Megahed | 348 comments sounds like a GREAT giveaway :)

message 7: by Meg (new)

Meg Clayton (megwaiteclayton) | 129 comments Me too, Holli.

Laura, Milwaukee is a maybe - some chance I will come up that way to do a women' bar event, in which case I'd love to do a bookstore too. I did read at Harry Schwartz when The Wednesday Sisters came out in hardcover. Very sad to see it close, but glad others are keeping some of the store open.

message 8: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments Meg, I like your new website. Especially the page for writers and all that inspiration around your desk!

message 9: by Meg (new)

Meg Clayton (megwaiteclayton) | 129 comments Thanks, Adrienne. I love it as well. I provide the content, but the amazing Ilsa Brink makes it all so snazzy. http://ilsabrink.com/

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily | 269 comments Meg - I won your book for our Chickiversary this year. Will you be near Cincinnati at all on your tour?

message 11: by Meg (last edited Feb 26, 2011 02:36PM) (new)

Meg Clayton (megwaiteclayton) | 129 comments Oh how nice, Emily! And I WILL be in Cincinatti - at Jo-Beth Books on March 30 at 7. You should get the book directly from Random House, but bring it to the store and I'll sign it if you'd like. Bring friends and have a glass of wine with me afterwards if you'd like (and assuming I don't fly on to Raleigh that night.) The tour schedule is here - just in case I mistyped or something.

Meg

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily | 269 comments Meg, Believe it or not, it is already here! I will probably even read and post a review before I get you to sign it. Finally, I'll get to meet another "Chick" (and a famous one at that! Thanks again, Meg.

message 13: by Meg (new)

Meg Clayton (megwaiteclayton) | 129 comments Lovely, I'll look forward to meeting you, Emily.

message 14: by Irene (new)

Irene | 3976 comments O, I am being incredibly stupid, but how does a person enter this awesome contest? Will the book tour take you to Erie, PA? We are probably too off the beaten path for anything like that. I will admit to my complete stupidity...I still have not figured out how to enter the advanced give-away contests. The really sad thing is that the church for which I work is trying o develop an internet presence with a dynamic web page, social networking usage, etc and they have me incharge of the project. Me, and I can't even figure out these relatively easy things. Give us another year and we may have the paints ready for those cave walls!

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily | 269 comments Irene - go to Meg's Website, click on the #Win96Books tab, and it will walk you through what you need to do.

My Mom was the computer/internet "guru" at work, and never figured out why. She ended up retiring and they had to hire it out!

message 16: by Meg (last edited Feb 27, 2011 07:10AM) (new)

message 17: by Irene (new)

Irene | 3976 comments Thank you for the link. I had not clicked through to the blogg, stopped at the webpage. Now, I have to figure out the twitter thing before I can participate.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Meg, will you be in the NY/NJ area? Please let me know! I'm looking forward to your new novel :-)

message 19: by Meg (new)

Meg Clayton (megwaiteclayton) | 129 comments Not this time, Jo. Closest I get is D.C. or Gaithersburg, MD.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Darn! I hope you have a great tour!

message 21: by Meg (new)

Meg Clayton (megwaiteclayton) | 129 comments Just want to let everyone know the giveaway is closed and a winner has been drawn.

:-)