Terminalcoffee discussion

Face Off! (Less Serious) > Feeling like I'm getting pissed off blues...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Food prices are up around 4%, my property taxes for this year are up 8.5%, I just entered the second year of a two-year pay freeze, but my health and dental insurance deductions are both up for the second year in a row. Gas prices are up and when I drive slower to save gas people tailgate me. The pockets on my new sheets aren't deep enough for my mattress and this morning I discovered a tear in the elbow of a favorite shirt. My back hurts whenever the weather changes and it seems like the weather has been changing every other day for the last five months. And I'm supposed to give a fuck about Charlie Sheen.

message 2: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Just another day in paradise, eh?

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Gas today was close to $3.25. Because our insurance is most likely to go up I'm getting my wisdom teeth done this spring.

That tear in the shirt drives me insane. I hate when that happens, or when I spill coffee or whatever on a shirt and ruin it forever.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I don't have the self-control, by the way, to drive slower. I'll pay the extra cash.

message 5: by Helena (last edited Feb 25, 2011 06:21AM) (new)

Helena | 1058 comments I’m in my second year of a two year wage freeze also.

My utility company is raising my rates 6.2% in order to offset costs incurred after they were fined $18 million for overcharging customers on interest.

I try to driver slower, it’s very hard though- and I only tailgate the people in the fast lane. I look over at the slow lanes thinking “I wish I could do that.”

I will drive slower when I go to work tonight... seeing as it’s snowing like a bitch. Great.

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Michael wrote: "Food prices are up around 4%, my property taxes for this year are up 8.5%, I just entered the second year of a two-year pay freeze, but my health and dental insurance deductions are both up for the..."

No, really, you don't need to give a fuck about Charlie Sheen.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Rebecca wrote: "Michael wrote: "Food prices are up around 4%, my property taxes for this year are up 8.5%, I just entered the second year of a two-year pay freeze, but my health and dental insurance deductions are..."

It's true. I don't either.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael I found it easy to drive slower to work. My commute is mostly highway so I put on the cruise and turn the radio up and lean back. I have to get gas tomorrow so I'll see if my mileage has improved any.

message 9: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Michael, this is the thread of my dreams. I have this type of blues often.

Paper due yesterday, paper due today, midterm on wednesday, midterm on Thursday. The first time I've ever had a schedule like this, and I haven't studied for either tests, and I'm freaking out!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to vent here but I know I'll regret and delete it in 5 minutes time. Some things just don't need to be aired in public. I typed and deleted it without posting.:(

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "I would like to vent here but I know I'll regret and delete it in 5 minutes time. Some things just don't need to be aired in public. I typed and deleted it without posting.:("

Oh hell Gail, how are we going to get any dirt on you if you don't post it in public?

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments I am beside myself. Editor is letting the Computer Tech do commissions for the advertisers. Might as well give everyone access to personal files! She doesn’t know how to keep her mouth shut and has no business doing what is no where near her job description.

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Does driving slower really save on gas? I never knew.

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It does for sure.

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments If you drive in reverse it actually adds gas into your tank!

OK, no it doesn't.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Barb wrote: "Gail. You're so sensible. I love you."

Hmmph I am a little weary of being sensible. ::hugs Barb::

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Have a couple beers Gail, that may help knock the sensibility right out of ya. :-)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

At the moment I would like to do both of those things. But instead I'd better get on with some work.

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael That sounds sensible.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

iBritt wrote: "Michael, this is the thread of my dreams. I have this type of blues often.

Paper due yesterday, paper due today, midterm on wednesday, midterm on Thursday. The first time I've ever had a schedule ..."

same here. and detention tomorrow again, so i miss another practice and am going to be verbally beaten by my coach. fml.

message 21: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3401 comments Ha, Jim. Maybe walking backwards could make you younger?

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Interesting thought Scout!

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Superman flew around the world backwards really fast and went back in time.

message 24: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Just so you know Larry, I'm taking your post as you think I am equivalent to Superman :-)

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) As well you should, Jim.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to vent and I don't want witnesses.

::steam pouring from ears, mini thunder storm hovering over head::

Fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

FUCK IT

I think I have that out of my system now. Thank you.

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Gail!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes Larry?

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Was that really you?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Some times it just needs to be said.

::hides in the corner in shame::

message 31: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No need for shame.

message 32: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments None at all. I have moods like that too.

message 33: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24149 comments Mod
Oh mercy me.

message 34: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart It's okay, Gail! Fuck it! Yeah! Hell yeah!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Oh mercy me."

Sorry LG.

message 36: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

No need to apologize. I just like to say "MERCY."

message 37: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Say it like Jerry Lee Lewis.

message 38: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

No, you.

message 39: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Or like Roy Orbison in the middle of "Pretty Woman."

message 40: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I said it in the voice of a woman of 1920s Tidewater, Virginia.

message 41: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Prim and scandalized?

message 42: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Oh heavens, no.

message 43: by smetchie (last edited Mar 02, 2011 06:49PM) (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Do you hate the F word Michelle Obama LG?

message 44: by Lobstergirl, el principe (last edited Mar 02, 2011 06:50PM) (new)

smetchie wrote: "Do you hate the F word Michelle Obama LG?"

Not necessarily, I use it occasionally/sparingly myself. In certain select situations. Certainly more likely to use it online than in everyday speech.

message 45: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I hate myself when I make a spelling error and someone pastes it before I can fix it!

message 46: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Error?

message 47: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I love you Lobstergirl.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Awh, that is so sweet.

message 49: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Gail "cyborg" wrote: "Awh, that is so swet."

I'm KIDDING ! Kidding.

message 50: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) She's a riot, that old gal.

« previous 1