Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
For those people who don't already know. we are now linked to facebook.(as if you can't already tell by the topic)

Soooo .... what do you think?

message 2: by Justine (new)

Justine Saulnier (goodreadscombookworm247) | 46 comments that is awesome i am usually always on facebook but not this weekend im going to a friends house

message 3: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i have had a few people conact me letting me know that they don't have Facebook.... this group is not leaving the safety of goodreads! so you don't have to have facebook. it's just one of those cool feature things that i love so much about Goodreads! :o)

message 4: by Elaine (new)

Elaine I agree face book can sometimes be a serious safety issue; but I appreciate the group being linked.

message 5: by H.K. (new)

H.K. Savage | 57 comments So, how does one go about having their author page linked? Just put the link in? Or say, go to my facebook page for HK Savage. Like that shameless plug? ;)

message 6: by Adele, Moderator (last edited May 23, 2011 05:23PM) (new)

Books4life wrote: "So, how does one go about having their author page linked? Just put the link in? Or say, go to my facebook page for HK Savage. Like that shameless plug? ;)"

oooh i could do that tonight.... can you inbox me with the link to your page, and i'll come up with something tonight...Great Idea by the way....

message 7: by Adele, Moderator (new)

OK all done.
If anybody else would like to post a link to their book or Author Page on the Facebook Page Please Post a link up on the wall.
However if i see any spam it will be deleted Straight Away!

message 8: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) kool idea!!

message 9: by Joanna (new)

Joanna  mcdonald (joannamcdonald) | 2 comments http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joanna-...

here is mine
if you like mine i will like yours as well
joanna mcdonald

message 10: by Joanna (new)

Joanna  mcdonald (joannamcdonald) | 2 comments http://www.amazon.com/Book-Poems-Joan... sight for book of poems
joanna mcdonald

message 11: by Adele, Moderator (new)

joanna, to promote your work you'll have to go to the authors work area to do so. this area is soley for Facebook Page Promotion only. I can however post up a link to your facebook page on our facebook page.

message 12: by Adele, Moderator (new)

has anyone stopped by the Facebook page lately... I have been going and finding movie trailers of books that have been turned into movies ie hunger games.
anyway don't forget to drop in and say hi. I will be making the Facebook page more active soon. as in having a mini group there but still having the main group here. so you should stop by with any suggestions that I should add to the Facebook page.

message 13: by Corey (new)

Corey Sondrup | 1 comments I would love to have my page linked.
http://www.facebook.com/AuthorCoreySo...

message 14: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Just stopping by to announce a new moderator for our facebook page. Tammy, is going to help me take better care of the facebook page.
So don't forget to stop by to say hello.
I'll also start linking authors up next week.

message 15: by James (new)

James Loftus | 1 comments I think the FaceBook page is awesome! Why, because I'm on it.

message 16: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammyo73) | 66 comments Thank you James!!! :)

message 17: by James (new)

James Loftus | 1 comments Having people, like yourself and Del, who help self-published authors is like being lost in the forest and finding a ranger. A ranger with an esky chock-er-block with good things. And an air conditioned vehicle waiting! Thanks.

message 18: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammyo73) | 66 comments Love it! I am loving assisting Adele. It has been so fun for me to do what I love to do which is read and review.

message 19: by James (new)

James Loftus | 1 comments She's a wag that sheila!

message 20: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Nacole (brandynacole) Do we post our link for author pages here or on the facebook page?

message 21: by Adele, Moderator (new)

post all your details in the authors unite topic, and Tammy or myself chooses an author at random

message 22: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Just a reminder that people can post promotional links in the Facebook page only.
But not too much....we don't want spam after all!

Also if you are an author, why don't you create for yourself a Facebook account under your pen name. People can follow you now, so you can post inspirational quotes , quotes/teasers from your upcoming book, giveaways and announcements of interviews or book signings.

message 23: by Leah Kaye (new)

Leah Kaye (msleahkaye) | 3 comments Hey Adele! Could you add meeee to the group's facebook page? I'm a cover designer. :) I has facebook (www.facebook.com/msleahkaye) and my website is www.leahsuttle.com.

message 24: by Adele, Moderator (new)

you can promote yourself, but adding to the page....well I have just gotten a new app to help me manage the page. so if I ever figure out how to do it I'll add you....that's just linking pages right? anyway go ahead and like our page and I'll pop over and do the same but also try to work out how to get the fvbc to do it too.

message 25: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Mar 07, 2013 07:10PM) (new)

Just letting People know that due to Personal stuff, Tammy has decided to step back from the Facebook Admin Role. So if there is someone willing to fill her shoes please Send me a message and i'll let you know what is required.

on another note i'd like to thank Tammy for all that she has done and i wish her the best of luck for the future.

I'll be making a more formal announcement in the groups newsletter. and i'll be asking for a new CO Mod for the group.

message 26: by Rebekah (last edited May 28, 2013 12:29PM) (new)

Rebekah (rebekahwolveire) | 4 comments http://www.facebook.com/RebekahWolveire This is my fb is my page. I hope to have the first book of my vampire series out by July for serious Beta readers.

message 27: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 44 comments Adele wrote: "joanna, to promote your work you'll have to go to the authors work area to do so. this area is soley for Facebook Page Promotion only. I can however post up a link to your facebook page on our face..."

I would like a link posted to my page, please!

https://www.facebook.com/KatyMannAuthor

message 28: by Adele, Moderator (new)

just letting people know. we no longer choose an author at random now for a featured spot. this was Tammy's thing. science she has left I cannot continue with it (also she did such a good job I'm afraid anything I do would not be good!).
anyway for those of you posting Facebook pages you may also do this on the Facebook page itself.
as much as I try I can't get the app working how I want it to, so I cannot link pages.
but nothing is stopping anyone from posting on the Facebook page....just don't overload it or else I may have to review this.

message 30: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 5 comments Just liked the facebook page. For all of the authors here, i would like to point your attention to this authors page, i have read her book (its amazing) but she is offering to promote authors on her page. Here is her link if any of you are interested.As far as im aware it is a relatively new page.

https://www.facebook.com/bloodandflam...

message 32: by Jeana (new)

Jeana Budnick | 90 comments I just got around to liking the Facebook page even though I saw this topic a long time ago lol

message 33: by Adele, Moderator (new)

yeah I am slowly getting around to revamping old and interesting topics. if you see one you like just make a comment and one of the mods will join you!

message 34: by Jody Joy (new)

Jody Joy (jodys_gr) What is the link to it please?

message 35: by Jody Joy (new)

Jody Joy (jodys_gr) Sorry, I see it. Brain fart, excuse me!

message 36: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Hahaha it's ok. glad you found it.