YA Book Club Not Just For Teens! discussion

General Book Talk > New YA Release

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann Massey (flyingfinish) | 3 comments Hi,
if you'd like to hear about the darkest secret of our time ... so secure that Wiki Leaks haven't heard, read on.

The Biocide Conspiracy is a story about two teenagers who find wreckage from the International Space Station. The book is intercut with frightening extracts from a diary written by the Head of Mission Control, making it clear that hope for mankind lies not with scientists and heads of states but with the youth of the world.

Geronimo Jones blames himself for the death ofhis best mate in a high speed car chase. None to thrilled, with his new life as a jackeroo on an isolated sheep station on the edge of the Great Sandy Desert, he has to stick it out for six months by order of the Juvenile Justice Department. Things start to get worse when his boss flies off in the middle of the night to check on a station hand and Mo witnesses the International Space Station crash back to Earth. Two days later, he hasn’t returned and Mo heads off to the neighbouring station for help.

Fleeing from a bush fire sparked by the crash, he discovers the wreckage from the space station and a flask— inside is a secret so damaging to world governments, it must be suppressed—at all costs.

Joining forces with Beth, the arrogant and unfriendly girl from a neighbouring station, and the only member of her family to evade capture by mysterious blackclad gunmen. Antagonists from their first meeting, the warring teens are swept into the realm of an arms dealer who will stop at nothing to get his hands on a biocide, lethal enough to kill one million people. from a single solitary gram.

On a hair-raising and breath holding flight, Mo and Beth go from enemies to frenemies to friends and almost, just about …. something else

Ann Massey was born in England and moved to Australia as a teenager where she worked as a governess on an isolated sheep station, very like the savage terrain where the battle for Agent H, was played out. Ann now lives in a cottage by the sea at Quinns Rocks with her partner and a lively Jack Russell terrier.

Review copies: available upon request. Ann Massey is available for interview.
Media contact: Valerie McIntyre, 0424371994, thewhitemah@live.com.au,
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1456503367

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann Massey (flyingfinish) | 3 comments right now, you can get it in the US by ordering on Amazo. The link is http://www.amazon.com/dp/1456503367

If you do read it - could you post a review on Amazon for others benefit. An unbiased opinion means so much!
Best wishes from Australia,
Ann

message 3: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Seewald (jacquelineseewald) | 43 comments Hi, Ann,

Congrats on the new YA! My mystery novel THE TRUTH SLEUTH has just been reviewed by BOOKLIST under YA Fiction which surprised me as it is an adult novel. But it does have a high school setting. Anyway, the review is very positive; so I can't complain. Now if they had just reviewed STACY'S SONG, my true YA novel!

Best to All,

Jacqueline Seewald

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) | 4 comments Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing! I want to read it!
Do you give review copies to the US? I don't mind e-books either!!

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina Bright (AlyssaD98123) | 1 comments If you like romance and sci-fi, check out Poisoned Star. It's a little like Hunger Games with a strong female protagonist, and this one takes place in the future too. It's about a girl who is forced to fight for a race of xenophobic aliens. They've removed most of her memories. She only begins to flash on her earlier life when a hacker sneaks aboard her ship. It's then that she begins to realize she might have a real life.

Check it out here if you're interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Poisoned-Star-e...