Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Authors > New Release

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann Massey (flyingfinish) | 29 comments Hi, I joined the group about a month ago. My latest young adult novel has just been released on Amazon. I hope you won't think I'm out of line by posting information about it here but I think it's the sort of book that adults will really enjoy too.

'The Biocide Conspiracy' is a story about two teenagers who find wreckage from the International Space Station. The book is intercut with frightening extracts from a diary written by the Head of Mission Control, making it clear that hope for mankind lies not with scientists and heads of states but with the youth of the world.

Geronimo Jones blames himself for the death of his best mate in a high speed car chase. None to thrilled, with his new life as a jackeroo on an isolated sheep station on the edge of the Great Sandy Desert, he has to stick it out for six months by order of the Juvenile Justice Department. Things start to get worse when his boss flies off in the middle of the night to check on a station hand and Mo witnesses the International Space Station crash back to Earth. Two days later, he hasn’t returned and Mo heads off to the neighboring station for help.

Fleeing from a bush fire sparked by the crash, he discovers the wreckage from the space station and a flask— inside is a secret so damaging to world governments, it must be suppressed—at all costs.

Joining forces with Beth, the arrogant and unfriendly girl from a neighboring station, and the only member of her family to evade capture by mysterious black-clad gunmen. Antagonists from their first meeting, the warring teens are swept into the realm of an arms dealer who will stop at nothing to get his hands on a biocide, lethal enough to kill one million people. from a single solitary gram.

On a hair-raising and breath holding flight, Mo and Beth go from enemies to frenemies to friends and almost, just about …. something else

Ann Massey was born in England and moved to Australia as a teenager where she worked as a governess on an isolated sheep station, very like the savage terrain where the battle for Agent H, was played out. Ann now lives in a cottage by the sea at Quinns Rocks with her partner and a lively Jack Russell terrier.

Review copies: available upon request. Ann Massey is available for interview.
Media contact: Valerie McIntyre, 0424371994, thewhitemah@live.com.au,
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1456503367

message 2: by Greta (new)

Greta Burroughs (gretab) Hello, My name is Greta and I have written a fantasy/adventure novel geared towards young people but hopefully everyone of all ages will like it.
I am using the book as I talk with young people about reading. I show them how to make a mental movie and how to become part of the action by using their imagination.
Take a look at the book and tell me what you think. http://www.smashwords.com/b/39307
Thanks
Gerald and the Wee People

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann Massey (flyingfinish) | 29 comments Will do. I'm very concerned with childrens' literacy myself.
Cheers,
ANN
httP://annmasseyauthor.net

message 4: by Greta (new)

Greta Burroughs (gretab) Thanks Ann...Greta

message 5: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Kelley | 12 comments Ann,

Not at all out of line. The books sounds intriguing.
One of the great things about this site is not only the option to promote our books (as young adult writers) but also to learn what else those in our genre are publishing.

I've added this to my Amazon wish list-- I think I will buy it and give it a read as soon as I finish Wicked.

In the meantime, feel free to peruse my first novel, publishing November 1: Max and Menna

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann Massey (flyingfinish) | 29 comments Thanks Shauna ...Ann

message 7: by Dorina (last edited Mar 09, 2011 05:40AM) (new)

Dorina Stanciu (cinderelle) | 1 comments Hello everyone,
My name is Dorina and I have recently published "The Girl of Dracula", a novel about the love between a graduating high school student and an American history professor teaching at her school, in a small city on the border of Danube, in Dracula's country.Their love gets tangled in a centuries old feud between a local gypsy tribe and Vlad the Impaler,the so known "Dracula".The novel is full of mystery, adventure, suspense, and sweet, passionate love. You can read an entire chapter at "my writing" on my profile's page.Thank you to all my readers!
http://www.amazon.com/The-Girl-of-Dra...

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Hi everyone!

Ann and Dorina, your books sound very interesting!

My name is Michelle, and I also write YA as well as adult fiction. My adult fantasy books (er...that sounds weird. I mean my fantasy books that are written for adults), are in paperback and e-book format .

My YA novels are in e-book only. Blood Sisters is an urban fantasy/romance about sixteen-year-old Starla who really wants to be a vampire only until she becomes one and realizes that the life of a vampire sucks!

The other YA novel, Uncommon Magic, is a more traditional fantasy containing a strong female lead, betrayal and jealousy, a mean-spirited employer, a terrible secret, fish heads for breakfast, and a pair of adorable dogs.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Oops! Sorry, Greta! Your book also looks great : )

message 10: by Ankita (new)

Ankita Chadha (ankitac) | 1 comments Hi. I am Ankita chadha. I would like to introduce myself as a new member of goodreads. I am an author of the book "Anything else but love" :-)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anythin...

message 11: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 484 comments My YA book Family Ties comes out April 1st!!

Abby was raised with not nursery rhythms by Mother Goose, Fairy Tales, or Asepses Fables, but narratives of her Great Grandmother, Emma. Emma has the dream life that got past down to the family as a story or so Abby thought. During one of the hottest summers in a long time in New Jersey Abby and her best friend Cory are working at a restaurant in town while their peers go to the beach to have fun. All the two do is work and Abby keeps thinking she rather be doing something bigger then her town and be out of the sight of her overprotective family. Abby learns after she is kidnapped that she has to be careful for what she wishes for, because it might come in a form she may not be expecting…
Family Ties by Ottilie Weber

message 12: by Michelle (last edited Apr 02, 2011 09:59AM) (new)

Michelle Muto | 7 comments My debut novel, The Book of Lost Souls
The Book of Lost Souls was released in March. While it's a YA book, it's also appropriate for tweens.

Synopsis:

When teen witch Ivy MacTavish changes a lizard into her date for a Halloween dance, everything turns to chaos. And when no one is powerful enough to transform him back except Ivy, it sparks the rumor: Like father, like daughter. Ivy has heard it all before - that her father, who left when she was seven – was involved with the darkest of magic.

Making the rumors worse, someone uses an evil spell book to bring back two of history's most nefarious killers. Ivy's got a simple plan to set things right: find the real dark spell caster, steal the book, and reverse the spell. No problem! But she’ll have to deal with something more dangerous than murderous spirits that want her and her friends dead: the school’s resident bad boy and hotter-than-brimstone demon, Nick Marcelli. Nick’s offering Ivy more than his help with recovering the missing book – he’s offering her a way to ditch her scaly reputation as a lizard-lover. Demons are about as hard to handle as black magic, and as Ivy soon discovers, it’s going to take more than a lot of luck and a little charm if she wants to survive long enough to clear her status as a dark witch, get a warm-blooded boyfriend, and have her former date back to eating meal worms before the week’s end.

The Book of Lost Souls by Michelle Muto

It's available on iBooks and:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Smashwords

message 13: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 484 comments I have my first novella published this month! I originally wrote this story for my friends when we graduated high school. I touched it up, and a friend of mine provided the cover!

Best Friends by Ottilie Weber
Travel through Jordan and Michelle's friendship. Jordan has just moved back to her hometown with her daughter and she reflects on major points on her friendship with Michelle.

message 14: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 484 comments Hey Everyone, I just released the second edition of my YA novel Family Ties by Ottilie Weber (goodreads hasn't posted the new cover yet...) to celebrate the release and my graduation I'm having a big giveaway to celebrate http://ottilieweber.blogspot.com/2013...