Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Early NaNoWriMo?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 820 (820 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey all you people, is anyone interested in doing a March NoNoWriMo? It's the same goal, to write 50,000 words in one month, but a few of us couldn't wait for NaNoWriMo to come around again. I think it would be fun if we could get a bunch of people to do it, like it was during November. Thoughts?

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 8772 comments Mod
As I said, I shall do it but I will be extremely busy and I may have my goal be 40,000 because I'll be in France for 8 days...?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Umm, I dont know what a March NoNoWriMo is...? Maybe someone could explain it to me? Thanks! (:

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you know what NaNoWriMo is?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Maria [it's all an act] wrote: "As I said, I shall do it but I will be extremely busy and I may have my goal be 40,000 because I'll be in France for 8 days...?"

Wow, I just got your text. *is a loser*

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so in! I did NaNoWriMo last year and completed my 50k. I would love to do it again, and I don't think I could wait until November!! It might be a little difficult for me, seeing as I have some other commitments going on during that same time period. But seeing as my best friend in the whole entire world also completed her 50k last November WHILE doing school exams and the such, I have confidence in myself and everyone else involved!! :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Carlyn wrote: "If we can change the rules around a bit to allowing people to write 50K in march to a novel they're already working on then I'm totally in. Cuz I want to finish this novel I've already started and ..."

That's exactly what I'm doing. It's not technically a NaNoWriMo, but it's just a motivational thing to get people writing again. I know I've been really lazy, and I just want to add to one of my current novels while still having a little friendly competition.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Carlyn wrote: "Mariah wrote: "I'm so in! I did NaNoWriMo last year and completed my 50k. I would love to do it again, and I don't think I could wait until November!! It might be a little difficult for me, seeing ..."

I love you too best friend! <3

And, you've got thiiiiiiiiiissss!!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Mrs. Adam Young [cara] wrote: "Carlyn wrote: "If we can change the rules around a bit to allowing people to write 50K in march to a novel they're already working on then I'm totally in. Cuz I want to finish this novel I've alrea..."

So if your doing it; that means i can do it too right? Because i'm working on a couple of novels, and one in particular that i'm begging myself to finish...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Mrs. Adam Young [cara] wrote: "Carlyn wrote: "If we can change the rules around a bit to allowing people to write 50K in march to a novel they're already working on then I'm totally in. Cuz I want to finish this novel I've alrea..."

I know what you mean. Even though I completed my 50k during November, my novel wasn't quite complete. And after November my writing just kinda... stopped. I only have 3 chapter left to my novel, and I want to finish and edit it before June. But the words just won't come. I think it's because the excitement of NaNoWriMo just isn't there. It lit a fire under my butt and after I hit my mark the fire faded.

message 11: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
I might do it. I dunno.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Carlyn wrote: "writerjunkiii wrote: "Mrs. Adam Young [cara] wrote: "Carlyn wrote: "If we can change the rules around a bit to allowing people to write 50K in march to a novel they're already working on then I'm t..."

okay great! thanks

This is going to be awesome. It's like NaNo without as many rules.

message 14: by Kriss (new)

Maria [it's all an act] wrote: "This is going to be awesome. It's like NaNo without as many rules."

Agreed. I should probably try to do it, but I dunno if I will.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

You should try it. It's just a way to get out of that post-NaNo winter writing slump.

message 16: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Kriss wrote: "Maria [it's all an act] wrote: "This is going to be awesome. It's like NaNo without as many rules."

Agreed. I should probably try to do it, but I dunno if I will."

Again, SAAAAAME. :)

message 17: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
I'm in. :D

message 18: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) | 3211 comments Um...i don't know. I don't want to finish the novel I'm writing now during it because I want it to be very detailed. No, sorry...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Colberto wrote: "Um...i don't know. I don't want to finish the novel I'm writing now during it because I want it to be very detailed. No, sorry..."

It's not required or anything. We won't shun you.

message 20: by Kriss (new)

Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Maria [it's all an act] wrote: "This is going to be awesome. It's like NaNo without as many rules."

Again, SAAAAA..."

Jayda! If you do it, I so will.

Uh oh.

A Kriss-Jayda competition. XD

message 22: by Elliott (new)

*headdesk* Not again! :)

message 23: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Maria [it's all an act] wrote: "This is going to be awesome. It's like NaNo without as many rules."

..."

Kriss! Hmmm... See, I want to, but my muse is being EXTREMELY sketchy right now and I'm not sure I want to be committed to something that I might fail :P Haha. But it might be a good idea, so I can force myself to write. I'm not sure what to do :/

message 24: by Kriss (new)

Oh, muse--see, I've finally figured out how to get over that block when I'm not being lazy. You just go, "Screw this." And write anyways 8D ... and aww D: I've got a lot of ideas to use.

*cough*KillNoWriMo*cough*

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Maria [it's all an act] wrote: "Uh oh.

A Kriss-Jayda competition. XD"

My thoughts XD

message 27: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 954 comments Count me in... This is just what I need to get myself writing again. Lately I've been really lazy and lacking motivation.

message 28: by Elliott (new)

Yay! Hannah is in!

message 29: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Maria [it's all an act] wrote: "Uh oh.

:D OH MAN! That made me laugh so hard :D

message 30: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Kriss wrote: "Oh, muse--see, I've finally figured out how to get over that block when I'm not being lazy. You just go, "Screw this." And write anyways 8D ... and aww D: I've got a lot of ideas to use."

Oh snap! That's a good idea :D I need to do that. And actually use Write or Die so I won't go looking at websites and stuff to distract myself from my writing. Which I actually should do right now.

HOLY. It's 11PM... It feels like it's 7PM... o.o

message 31: by Kriss (new)

Jayda wrote: "Maria [it's all an act] wrote: "Uh oh.

:D OH MAN! That made me laugh so hard :D"

Bahahah, it made me laugh too XD C'mon, you know you guys love ussss :D

message 32: by Kriss (new)

Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Oh, muse--see, I've finally figured out how to get over that block when I'm not being lazy. You just go, "Screw this." And write anyways 8D ... and aww D: I've got a lot of ideas to u..."

Yeah, Write or Die is always really nice. I have so many ideas I want to use, but I know I won't really write any of them by myself... exacty why it would be good for me to try the March NaNoWriMo.

Really? That's the exact opposite with me. It's 9:04 and it feels like friggin 4:00am

We love you guys a loooooot. Just sometimes we want to steer clear of your competitions.

Or sit on the sidelines and laugh, which is what I do.

message 34: by Kriss (new)

So, considering how tired I'm feeling, if I make absolutely no sense feel free to totally ignore me. I'm food-deprived, sore, and kinda... twitchy right now.

message 35: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Maria [it's all an act] wrote: "Uh oh.

:D OH MAN! That made me laugh so hard :D"

Bahahah, it made me laugh too XD C'mon, you know you guys love..."

Haha, they totally love us :D

Kriss wrote: "So, considering how tired I'm feeling, if I make absolutely no sense feel free to totally ignore me. I'm food-deprived, sore, and kinda... twitchy right now."

*twitch* *twitch*

message 37: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Oh, muse--see, I've finally figured out how to get over that block when I'm not being lazy. You just go, "Screw this." And write anyways 8D ... and aww D: I've got a lot..."

Yeah, that's a good point... I have like two ideas right now (and I have yet to finish either one of my NaNoNovels from last year) and I'm kind of writing one, but... My muse is sketchy :/ Write or Die will probably help. Maybe we should try this early NaNo... I haven't finished a novel since Rebel! It's pathetic!

I don't know why it feels so early right now... This is weird...

message 38: by Elliott (new)

I'm supposed to be writing tonight.... but waiting until our motivational month sounds good to me. XD

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Lav[and i'm thinking i'd prefer not to be rescued] wrote: "I'm supposed to be writing tonight.... but waiting until our motivational month sounds good to me. XD"

Niceee XD

message 40: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 954 comments I'm suddenly very excited for March NaNoWriMo :D I'm feeling the intense this-is-gonna-be-a-heck-of-a-month kind of feeling.

message 41: by Kriss (new)

Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Oh, muse--see, I've finally figured out how to get over that block when I'm not being lazy. You just go, "Screw this." And write anyways 8D ... and aww D: ..."

Indeed! And yeah? What are the ideas? ... I've got several different ones. The one I'm most interested And yeah, same here. I haven't written anything in forever and a half, which is kinda sad... And I think we should! 'Cause I've hardly written anything at all and I haven't finished any book except for The Seventh Demension from around two years ago, which is extremely pathetic.

I don't know why it feels so late...

message 42: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Oh, muse--see, I've finally figured out how to get over that block when I'm not being lazy. You just go, "Screw this." And write anyways 8D ...."

Well, one is kind of about "superheroes"/people with powers. Then I have Death of Me, which I haven't even finished the first chapter of. Then I have my NaNoNovel from last year to finish (I think I had like... 5 chapters until I finished? But I lost my muse) and I have the romance-esque novel I'm starting to write right now. Oh man :/ Okay, maybe we should. I'm not going to guarantee anything, BUT I think I'm gonna try :) Watch, I'll probably forget until like week two :P Haha

This is odd..........

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hannah wrote: "I'm suddenly very excited for March NaNoWriMo :D I'm feeling the intense this-is-gonna-be-a-heck-of-a-month kind of feeling."

Eeeep me too! :D

message 44: by Elliott (new)

SAME HERE! Maybe Emmie and I will finally get some serious work done on our Ragdoll instead of playing with our Shiny New Toy(s.)

message 45: by Kriss (new)

Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Oh, muse--see, I've finally figured out how to get over that block when I'm not being lazy. You just go, "Screw this." And writ..."

Oh, awesome. My main idea I want to write is about this very close-knit society of 'werewolves', even though in reality only the royal family can actually shapeshift into wolves (and these are original werewolves, like the sort of things you see in Van Helsing. Mix of man and wolf, no giant wolves or anything like that). The rest of the people in this society shift into other types of canines. Dogs and things like jackals, foxes, ect. Now the main character is the "Alpha" of these people, only she can't become alpha until she marries someone. And its a rule she marries another wolf, but the only wolves are in her own family. She ends up marrying a distant cousin whose a solider pledged to do only moral things for the rest of his life, and marrying his relative goes against everything he believes in. So... yeah... And me too! I'll totally space it unitl the last moment.

It is. Very odd.

message 46: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Oh, muse--see, I've finally figured out how to get over that block when I'm not being lazy. You just go, "Screw t..."

OOOOH. That sounds fascinating. I think you should try it out :) I think we can do this. We can write stuff we've already started writing for this early NaNo, right? Or no? Hm...

OKAY. I'm going to go use Write or Die. Hopefully I can finish this first chapter already!

message 47: by Kriss (new)

Its a very complicated idea, bahahah. I'd have to write a ton of notes for it. I should probably start now... I think we can too, if we set out to it, hahah. And yeah, we can! Just make sure you only count the word count of what you're writing from after you started. Like, if you had 40,000 words already you'd ignore that and just start from 0. But I'm pretty sure that's obvious...

Okay! Goodluck <3

message 48: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Oh yeah, that makes sense :) good luck with the notes! Hahaha, DARN. I was totally going to count the 900 words I already have! ;) Haha. Actually, I would probably go between my incomplete NaNoNovel and my current book...

Haha, FAIL. I get off goodreads and just go straight to facebook :P Thanks! <3 I'm seriously going to write or die now!

message 49: by Kriss (new)

Yeah, I'm glad it does. I think I may go start on those right now, actually, while your working on Write or Die... and hahah, nice! I suppose you could, considering a lot of people just write scenes around that length ahead of time and throw them into their NaNo.

Bahahah, nice Jayda.

message 50: by Tesni (last edited Feb 25, 2011 02:48AM) (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5031 comments March...hmm. I've got a few music exams and two or three entrances into the local music festival that month. And I really, really need to do well if I want to get into the Wiltshire Youth Orchestra next year.

Still. I've been meaning to write A Day With LaVaughn as a novel for ages, so...uh...I guess I may as well give it a go if you all are. Or else I'd feel left out.

Ah, peer pressure. The ultimate writing motivation.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.