Jonathan Maberry discussion

General Discussion > Jonathan Maberry

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micheal (new)

Micheal Shea | 106 comments Mod
So how did every one hear of Jonathan Maberry? Secretly I am just interested in hearing how Jonathan Maberry heard of himself.

message 2: by Micheal (new)

Micheal Shea | 106 comments Mod
I first heard of Jonathan Maberry from reading Marvel comics. There was an add for Patient Zero. Later I received an email from Amazon recommending Patient Zero, so I pre-ordered it.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) My fiance and I saw his book Ghost Road Blues at a local library. Todd read it first and got hooked. I read it a little later and have been into his work ever since :)

message 4: by Oglaigh na (new)

Oglaigh na  hEireann | 12 comments I found a copy of Ghostt Road Blues at a second hand bookstore while at the beach. Made my weekend thats for sure

message 5: by Oglaigh na (new)

Oglaigh na  hEireann | 12 comments Dear Juan,...have you had the chance to read Florida Road Kill yet ?? My therapist turned me on to it,...pretty bitchin

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (jonathan_maberry) | 44 comments Nice. That's the middle book of the Pine Deep Trilogy (following Ghost Road Blues and preceding Bad Moon Rising).

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 30 comments Kyle wrote: "I found a copy of Dead Man's Song at Wallmart."

Ironically, this is the one book in the trilogy I'm still missing.

message 8: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (jonathan_maberry) | 44 comments Crazy. It was bizarre that the publisher put these books out without any indication that they're part of a series. Even now, many printings in, they still haven't added it. Only the audiobook publisher (Blackstone) mentioned that these were part of the Pine Deep Trilogy.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 30 comments Luckily, I just found out my public library has a couple copies. Problem solved. :)

message 10: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) I found him from a friend of mine, Felicia. She's big into zombie books and at the time, and up until this time, I only read non-fiction and very realistic fiction. I laughed when someone would recommend something like a zombie book to me.
Well, I guess it's obvious how that worked out huh? lol

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 30 comments never laugh at the zombies :)

message 12: by Brett (new)

Brett Cully (theamazingbrett) | 1 comments I found him when I was browsing through books at Borders(RIP). Saw that he had won a Bram Stoker award so I picked up the first book in the Pine Deep series. Been hooked ever since.

message 13: by Denise (new)

Denise McGee (denise_mcgee) | 1 comments My husband is a big audiobook junkie and got the first Joe Ledger book, Patient Zero, on a promo. He made me listen to it and I've been a fan ever since.

message 14: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 3 comments I also discovered Maberry through his Pine Deep trilogy. Absolutely amazing. I then moved on to Patient Zero and although the book was more Mack Bolan than Dawn of the Dead like I thought it was going to be, I really enjoyed it. Have you read his Like Part of the Family yet?

message 15: by Darryl (new)

Darryl | 1 comments I was in my local Chapters bookstore and walked past a shelf that had Assassin's Code featured and I loved the cover. I had never heard of Jonathan Maberry before. I realized that this was book 4 of the Joe Ledger series and luckily I found Patient Zero on the same shelf. I've read everything he's written since.

message 16: by Jaqe (new)

Jaqe | 1 comments Am I the only one who has noticed that Jonathan has created a his own universe in his books? With mentions of characters and events that has happened in different series, they all somehow tie together. I just finished his latest book of the Joe Ledger series, and have moved on to the Rot and Ruin series. Definite connections.

message 17: by Tim (new)

Tim (tim_taylor) | 1 comments Jaqe wrote: "Am I the only one who has noticed that Jonathan has created a his own universe in his books? With mentions of characters and events that has happened in different series, they all somehow tie toget..."

Yes, it was a real treat to catch the tie in between the Joe Ledger and Rot and Ruin series.

Check out his 'Dead of Night' and 'Fall of Night' once you are through with the Rot and Ruin series. There's a nice tie in there as well.

message 18: by Lewstherin14 (new)

Lewstherin14 | 3 comments On this subject could we please get a verse series page like Sanderson has for cosmere would make keeping track of everything a lot easier.