Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Authors & Promotions > Historical Romance "Silence" hits kindle

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Amo (thomasamo) Thanks for allowing this folder My historical romance just hit the kindle today for 0.99

Hollywood 1926, the end of the silent film era. Weirlech Studios leads the pack of film makers in a time where illusion is everything. Tiege Cargill is Weirlech Films most promising director. Studio Head, Fritz Weirlech has died, leaving Tiege, the studio and his private fortune. D.W. Kolten, nephew to Fritz, has forged a fake will, taken everything from Tiege and sent him to England to make his last film. While there, Tiege disappears after a car wreck. He is found by a young English farm girl named Catherine Pearce. She has never seen a film in her life and has no idea who the mysterious stranger is that she has fallen in love with. When Kolten learns of Tiege's disappearance he sees it as a way to be rid of the director once and for all. Arrangements are made to complete Tiege's final film in secrecy and to make certain he does not make it back to Hollywood alive!

Silence by Thomas Amo

http://www.amazon.com/Silence-ebook/d...

Look forward to getting to know you guys! Without spam!

message 2: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Wow~ Thx Thomas~ This looks great~

message 3: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I just ordered it, Print on Demand from Abebooks~ As I don't own a kindle or any e-reader device~ I'll keeo you posted as I read it.

message 4: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Amo (thomasamo) Oh wow Shell, thanks so much! It was a first love that book. I'll look forward to your thoughts...good or bad..and feel free to friend me if you like, I love meeting new people and learning about other new authors!!
Tom

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 6 comments Thanks for posting this, Thomas. Those 99c kindle books are a GREAT way for me to try out authors I've never thought of buying before.

message 6: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Amo (thomasamo) hi Ruth you're welcome. I agree, I've found some real gems at bargain prices. I think it's outrageous when digital books are so high priced!

Someone asked me why my other book was only $2.99 and not $7.99..I said because I don't want to charge that much! lol.

Hope you will enjoy "Silence" if you've got someone else you loved and want to share, I am always ready to read someone new!

message 7: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I dont' have an e-reader but when I see e-reader books that high I'm like if you pay another dollar you have an actual paperback in your hands!

message 8: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Amo (thomasamo) Yes exactly Ottilie! I still love to hold my books when I read them...but I don't mind trying a book out on my phone Kindle app, I bought my wife a kindle for valentine's day. She's a paper purist too, but she confesses she does love her kindle..lol.

message 9: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Haha my phone is low tech so I can't try it on that. Haha yeah I'm hearing the raves of the e-readers, I'm not ready I love the actual physical copy of a book. Plus if I have a pile of books to read I'm more likely to remember an actual book then a file somewhere else. Though my dad and I had a conversation about e-reader prices, my first book is .99 cents and he was like that's so low! So I know what you mean.

message 10: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 6 comments Oh I LOVE my kindle, and I've always been a huge book-buyer. I used to have a habit of transferring through Heathrow in London just to stock up on piles of books at the bookshops there when I was traveling for business in Europe, although the stores there don't seem to sell the top-notch history books I love anymore ;-(

I actually find my kindle easier on my eyes than real paper, and, of course, you can hold a large gin and tonic in one hand whilst turning pages with the other, which is an advantage not to be sniffed at IMO...

As for pricing, I'm kind of philosophical. I don't actually expect to pay less for the different format, although it's nice to do so. It's the content I'm after, rather than the actual physical thing. Having said that, I'm a total sucker for a book bargain, particularly if it's an author I wouldn't normally try, and as a consumer I appreciate the way ebooks could make it much more accessible for lots of different types of authors to get their work out. But that's just an outsider's view..

message 11: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Kindle is easier on the eyes???

message 12: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Amo (thomasamo) Ruth wrote: "Oh I LOVE my kindle, and I've always been a huge book-buyer. I used to have a habit of transferring through Heathrow in London just to stock up on piles of books at the bookshops there when I was t..."

So well said Ruth! It's allowing me also to do the very same thing, try out new authors I might not ever had considered before.
And of course the gin and tonic goes without saying. :)

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 6 comments Kindle is easier on the eyes???

Oooh, yes. It's not backlit, so it is NOTHING like looking at a computer screen or a phone. There is something about the eInk software (or whatever they call it), that just seems to give the perfect contrast, and I can adjust the text size and even font to suit my tastes. I like quite a round font when I'm reading (maybe it's friendlier?)...

I stare at a screen all day with work, so the last thing I'd do is read something which will make my head hurt...

message 14: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments See I like the books because the computer screen gets to me after awhile. I set up my mom's kindle though and not going to lie it was easy and wasn't bad to read. I was setting it up and started wallking around in teh backyard to see if I could read it outside, she thought I was crazy, but I was shocked how well I could.

message 15: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 6 comments wallking around in teh backyard to see if I could read it outside

I know. Isn't it great that it's so easier to read in full sun?

message 16: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I was so amused it was funny! I used the excuse I was testing it for my mom who wants to use it on vacation. I was impressed

message 17: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Haha, I can so imagine that. I have't used mine in the sun yet (it's winter and cold and snowy here, boo). But this summer at the beach I'm gonna give it a go.

message 18: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 6 comments I put mine in a ziplock baggie if my daughter is throwing sand around....

message 19: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Haha that's smart ruth!

message 20: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Hey guys~ Are you planning on getting and reading Silence? I have ordered a PB version of it~ Maybe we could do a group read?

message 21: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 6 comments I'd love to, Shell, but I am Mrs. Disorganized.. Don't let me stop you though.. And yes, I bought it already today.

message 22: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments my for fun reading is on hold till late may...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Silence (other topics)