Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > You might mock me, but...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I love Journey. A lot of people roll their eyes at me but I'm used to it. I embraced my nerdiness long ago.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i love being nerdy...it makes me feel smart
im obsessed with motown

message 3: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24265 comments Mod
Graph paper! Riceland Spanish Rice! The McLaughlin Group!

message 4: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments When I was in college my friends used to try to set me up with the only other Journey fan on campus, some guy in another dorm. Everybody knew we were the only two Journey fans on the entire campus. It was funny, but I never met him. It's not like we wore tee shirts, either.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, thats funny :)

message 6: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments I like Coldplay too. I didn’t know it was geeky! I go see them in concert every time they play around here.

I also like CCR, words (I’d like to randomly paint my favourite words all over my house), and my gameboy on which I usually play super mario.

message 7: by Aynge (last edited Feb 24, 2011 05:38PM) (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Esme wrote: "i love being nerdy...it makes me feel smart
im obsessed with motown"

Motown is definitely NOT uncool. If Smoky Robinson walked in right now I would jump on him.

Ditto for Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

message 8: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I am the personification of dorkiness! I too like Twilight, Coldplay, and Journey...I wear glasses (although that's more of a fashion statement these days, no?), I dress like I'm 15, I dance and sing with abandon in my kitchen while I sweep or cook. I could go on but I think you get the picture :)

message 9: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Unfortunately I can only sing when I'm alone. When I need to punish my niece I sing to her. She runs away screaming.

I still wear penny loafers. With pennies in them. How's that for nerdy?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

its not uncool, its the best music ever. but apparently all people want to listen to in school is kesha and usher and all the nonoriginal people. so to them, i guess it is.
i would jump him too :)

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I watch This Old House.

message 12: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I used to watch that when I watched TV Larry...I couldn't help it, Bob Villa's guests always knew all kinds of interesting things.

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) How on earth did you ever give up TV?

message 14: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I also used to watch Martha Stewart, but when she hot glued sugar cookies to sticks and suggested eating around the hot glue like it wasn't a big deal, I just couldn't watch her anymore.

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Insane and rich.

message 16: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I used to watch MS all the time, before she went to prison.

I learned how to make my own pesto from Martha. I used to pay out the nose for the Knorr stuff in the envelope. It's much easier and cheaper than I thought it was. Plus you can freeze it in ice cube trays for later use.

message 17: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Larry wrote: "How on earth did you ever give up TV?"

I started reading.A.LOT. :D
And you are correct Misha...she's completely deranged!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

isn't it?

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 24, 2011 06:02PM) (new)

If this photo of me doesn't scream dork I don't know what would.

[image error]

message 20: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments No way! You are clearly grilling...which means you are totally cool! :)

message 21: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments When/where was that taken, Gail?

message 22: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Either that or you're poking small animals/children with pointy objects? But you wouldn't do that, right?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Alecia, you must be looking through your dork filtered glasses. I love you!

message 24: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Ah, I love you too...and I never take my dork filtered glasses off, the world wouldn't be half as interesting without them ;)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonathan wrote: "When/where was that taken, Gail?"

It was taken on muck-up day on my last day of high school. There is a shearing shed behind me. I lived in a small country town in north western New South Wales at the time. Barraba.

message 26: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Larry wrote: "I watch This Old House."

Oh hell yeah.

message 27: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

You're not grilling freshly sheared sheep, are you?

message 28: by Jonathan (last edited Feb 24, 2011 06:38PM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments I was about to ask that, LG, but didn't dare. Did you ever do any sheep-shearing, Gail?

message 29: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I see some kind of UFO aura in the sky, upper right.

message 30: by Lori (new)

Lori I believe in UFOs. Clearly a strange geek.

Barb - I agree, a girl/woman grilling is very cool. Who controls the remote in your house?

message 31: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I was pointing out all the lovely features of my ipad the other day to a friend and she said, "You are a bit of a geek, aren't you?"

I walk in to my clients' office singing songs like, "Good morning to you!" This afternoon I sang, "It's howdie-doodie time." The withering look I got from one of the employees confirmed my geek status.

message 32: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments geesh, what a bunk of dorks

message 33: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) *raspberry*

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "I see some kind of UFO aura in the sky, upper right."

I had never noticed the UFO in the background before. It would explain a lot, Barraba was a very odd little town.

message 35: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "geesh, what a bunk of dorks"

Is that like a murder of crows?

message 36: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments We are Kevin, and I believe you may be our king!

McDonalds Ronald McDonald Dance Dancing Funny LOL Laugh Laughing smiley smilie smileys smilies icon icons emoticon emoticons animated animation animations gif gifs Pictures, Images and Photos Oh yeah, I went there! LOL

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay, that means there are multiples of them all.

message 38: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I know Mary Poppins inside out... even the scenes and songs that were discarded in the movie (like the trip to Timbuktu). And I know every word to every song, too. I sang Dear Nanny for a coworker from start to finish because he didn't think I could do it. I totally proved him wrong and did it. And the lullaby that is requested most often when I'm tucking my nephews into bed is Stay Awake. :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Awwww...Heidi. My oldest son loved Mary Poppins when he was little (around age 6). He used to get up and kick his legs with the chimney sweepers every time the song "Step In Time" would come on. We wore out that VHS tape.

I played both Everquest and World of Warcraft for a few years on and off.

I loved the movie Ice Princess and watched it at least 20 times. Same with The Cutting Edge.

I still read way too many fluff books no matter how often I try and fail to pick up actual literature.

Other than that, everything I do is pretty much legit. *snickers*

message 40: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6029 comments I enjoy quite a bit of - but not all - 80's hair metal. If you can get past the hooker slap, liberal use of ozone-layer-depleting hair tonics, and over-the-top-but-completely-unnecessary-guitar-flagellation and drill down deep enough, you can find some pretty damn good pop songs here and there, like L.A. Guns' "The Ballad of Jayne" and Cinderella's "Gypsy Road" fer starters.

There, I've said it.

message 41: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments That is the greatest picture ever, Gail.

Four things:

1. Hair metal is often fun.

2. LG mentioned graph paper...I will expand that to all office supplies and office supply stores.

3. Coldplay are awful.

4. Amy. Fucking. Grant. Love her.

message 42: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I friggin LOVE graph paper!!!

I swear, the thought of you singing all out to Baby Baby cracks me up. I'd pay good money to see that. RA, do you ever karaoke any Amy Grant songs? What are your thoughts on Vince Gill?

message 43: by Heidi (last edited Feb 25, 2011 06:29AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "Awwww...Heidi. My oldest son loved Mary Poppins when he was little (around age 6). He used to get up and kick his legs with the chimney sweepers every time the song "Step In Time" would come on. ..."

:) I'll bet your son and I could have a fun discussion about Mary Poppins, Stacia.

message 44: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm jealous of Vince Gill. And no to karaoke. Are you crazy? That's your arena.:)

message 45: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Aynge wrote: "Motown is definitely NOT uncool."

I'm totally with you on this point, Aynge. Motown is the tits.

message 46: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) calendars, puzzle books, puzzles, math. I also passed the nerd gene on to my daughter. She is learning to embrace it, as I have.

message 47: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Dorks unite!

message 48: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart You may mock me, but I had to google how to eat hummus.

message 49: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I first read that as how to eat humans. I was scared for a minute there.

message 50: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I love yard/garage sales!

« previous 1