Q&A with Chef Eric Ripert discussion

Less is more

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 1 comments Are you agree with the less is more rule?
Do you think that young French chefs abuse a little bit of the use of too many ingredients?
Do you really think that an upscale fine dining could be profitable actually?

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Ripert (ericripert) | 37 comments Mod
Claudia wrote: "Are you agree with the less is more rule?
Do you think that young French chefs abuse a little bit of the use of too many ingredients?
Do you really think that an upscale fine dining could be pro..."

I think each Chef has his or her own style, French or otherwise. Here at Le Bernardin simplicity is definitely key. Our philosophy is that the fish is the star of the plate. And everything else on the plate is there to elevate the fish. And fine dining in NYC is indeed very vibrant and lively. Even during the great recession, Le Bernardin did very very well.

message 3: by Joy (new)

Joy | 4 comments Hi, I read about Le Bernardin in Anthony Bourdain's book - Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook. I would love to go and eat dinner there someday!
New York has always fascinated me. :)

message 4: by Garri (new)

Garri (garrig) | 7 comments Joy wrote: "Hi, I read about Le Bernardin in Anthony Bourdain's book - Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook. I would love to go and eat dinner there somed..."

Dear Joy, GO!
But, first, read Eric's book "On the Line" about the restaurant. It's facinating by itself, but, more importantly, it makes your visit much more meaningful. Order the Chef's Tasting menu with the wine pairing. With tips, it would cost in excess of $900 for two.

message 5: by Joy (new)

Joy | 4 comments Garri wrote: "Joy wrote: "Hi, I read about Le Bernardin in Anthony Bourdain's book - Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook. I would love to go and eat dinner..."

I'm trying to convince my husband to go to NYC this year. I've always wanted to go there. :) I have On the Line on my to read list. Maybe I should move it to the top!

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Ellis (vntgdncr) | 6 comments I had not heard of On the Line. Thank you for sharing what looks like an interesting book. It will definitely be on my 'to read' list.

JoAnn/QuAppelle Here is something wonderful that chef Ripert is doing:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.c...