One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

Archive 1.0 - VR, BR, & MBOM > April Nominations

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) The topics for April are:

1) General (remember that this may be anything)
2) Pastel Covers (the covers of these books must be pastel colours)
3) Fairy Tales & Retellings (in honour of Hans Christian Anderson's Birthday, please nominate either a fairy tale OR retelling.)

Remember that you can only give one nomination per category. You don't have to nominate a book for every category, but we would love it if you would! The last day to post nominations is March 12th!

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments 1) Real Live Boyfriends Yes. Boyfriends, plural. If my life weren't complicated, I wouldn't be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4) by E. Lockhart 0r The Boyfriend List 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #1) by E. Lockhart which is the first one of the series
2) This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
3) Briar Rose by Jane Yolen

message 3: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Heather: I will use The Boyfriend List 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #1) by E. Lockhart since it's the first.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 493 comments 1.) Wither (Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano (comes out March 22, 2011}

2.) Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver (not sure if this is considered pastel)

3.) Beastly by Alex Flinn

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments ooo beastly looks really cool. cant wait to see the movie

message 6: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I would consider Delirium Pastel and I also can't wait to see the movie Beastly...now only to convince my boyfriend to take me...(trying to think of a clever way)...

1) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
2) Something Blue (Darcy & Rachel, #2) by Emily Giffin
3) The Night Dance A Retelling of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses" (Once Upon a Time) by Suzanne Weyn

message 7: by Zakiya (last edited Feb 27, 2011 07:45AM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Ahh! I want to see that movie, too :)

1) I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore (also want to see this movie :))
2) ???
3) ???

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin | 34 comments 1. Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, #1) by Lisa Mantchev
2. Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver
3. Sisters Red (Sisters Red, #1) by Jackson Pearce

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments Zakiya i am number fur is the best movie ive seen this i year. its REALLY good

message 10: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's good to hear, because I REALLY want my mom to take me to see it. But she said that she has to read it first. And that could take months... :(

message 11: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Erin wrote: "1. Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, #1) by Lisa Mantchev
2. Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver
3. Sisters Red (Sisters Red, #1) by Jackson Pearce"

Try and choose a different novel for #2. Delirium has already been nominated. :) Let me know what you choose!

message 12: by Katrina (last edited Mar 12, 2011 05:59PM) (new)

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments when will the discussions start for these because i have not seen any yet

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Oops! sorry, forgot to post them. You can always post them, though. :) Thanks for reminding me, Heather!