Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Member Reviews > Andi's Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andi (last edited Feb 24, 2011 04:47PM) (new)

Andi Wellington (AndiWellington) | 8 comments I plan to put book reviews up here which I recommend to other readers. I welcome any input. I just finished Intwine & Insight by Christina Moss so I will start with Intwine.

There was so much I loved about this book. Modern girl living in Burbank, CA meets gorgeous dark haired, green-eyed boy who turns out to be from a planet of artists on the other side of the galaxy. He's a member of the royal family, has his own rock band and he's human except for the fact that the humans on his planet live way longer than humans on Earth and he, among others, have special abilities that many others don't have or use. The two of them fall for each other and adventures and other issues between them and the outside world ensue.

I really love the way that they fall in love. They are not weak-minded characters. The pace does not let you get bored at all and the descriptions are perfect. Really makes you fall in love with them and their world.

The author has a free and nearly free giveaway on her site: First chapter of Intwine is free as ebook along with bookmarks mailed to you and she's also selling Vampire of My Dreams as a $.99 ebook which is usually $10. Her site is www.christinamoss.com. Let me know what you think : )Intwine Intwine by Adamantine Publishing House

message 2: by Andi (new)

Andi Wellington (AndiWellington) | 8 comments Insight by Christina Moss:

When I finished reading the first book, "Intwine" I couldn't wait to get started on the second in the series. "Insight" ended up being a great continuation of the story that also has its own newness as new abilities appear and new problems come up. These are the best characters. Looking forward to the 3rd.

message 3: by Andi (last edited Feb 24, 2011 04:54PM) (new)

Andi Wellington (AndiWellington) | 8 comments The Road to Avalon by Joan Wolf:

The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain, #1) by Joan Wolf This is the BEST King Arthur story I have read with some beautiful elements of magic and romance. King Arthur is in love with someone you might not expect and has a way of communicating with her that is beyond what most people think is possible. This was written by a well-known Romance author and some of the scenes are nice and steamy. Enjoy!

message 4: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 2 comments hello people, i'm hanna and i own a group myself called- Chronicals of vladamir tod, and i would really apriceate it if you would check it out and PLEASE join!! also once we have the very least 15 members i will have a contest and the winner will become moderator. please tell friends and please join we have very few members. please consider this,
Thank you for reading this,
Love and Joy,
HannaXX

message 5: by Andi (new)

Andi Wellington (AndiWellington) | 8 comments Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer:

Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5) by Stephenie Meyer If you are a fan of the Twilight Saga and haven't read Midnight Sun, you HAVE to read it. It was never finished by Stephanie Meyer, she explains why, but it is 270 pages I think which you can read from her site absolutely free last time I read it. You get Twilight from Edward's point of view. You will probably want to re-read Twilight after reading Midnight Sun.

message 6: by Andi (new)

Andi Wellington (AndiWellington) | 8 comments Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel I did not realize how much I was going to like this book until I got into it. It had been sitting on my shelf for awhile. This story is about immortals who aren't vampires or other mythical creatures, just immortals and it's about a love story that has kept resurfacing through the centuries between a girl who continually reincarnates into a new human body each life and a guy who has broken the cycle of reincarnation and remains immortal in the same body, never dying. They run into problems they have to overcome so that they can truly be together. A lot of philosophical and spiritual (not religious) concepts arise throughout the book that really add a lot of depth and some reality to the story. I highly recommend it to everyone.

message 7: by Bemidji (new)

Bemidji (ehleighen) | 39 comments Andi wrote: "Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel I did not realize how much I was going to like this book until I got into it. It had been sitting on my shelf for awhile. This story is about immortals who aren't vampi..."

you know, I REALLY liked Evermore, I also really liked the 2nd book Bluemoon, so I bought the first three. however about halfway through the 3rd book Shadowland, it started getting annoying to me. I would recommend getting the 4th and 5th from the library, I would never buy them and pretty much just skimmed through the last 2 books an hour each. maybe it's just me, but it really disappointed me because the 1st 2 books were sooo good.

message 8: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Conley | 1 comments Ya I understand how you feel. I've read all 5 now but just haven't had the time to finish putting up the rest of my reviews here yet. There are definately a lot of frustrating points throughout the books as you're waiting and waiting and waiting for them to figure out how to be together but there are lots of little gems throughout the journey so I'm still pretty into the series. I think if you're willing to endure the journey it's really good but yes it does make the reader feel frustrated too.