Q&A with Alyson Noel discussion

Movie Of The Immortals Series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 296 (296 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Giovani (new)

Giovani Casani | 4 comments Will there be a movie based on The Immortals Series? I'm so excited to know!

Brett -Tastic!! | 8 comments omg good qustion will there be!!!!!!

message 3: by Rabiya (new)

Rabiya (rsmmsm747) I hope it's better than the books.....

message 4: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Noel | 234 comments Mod
Giovani wrote: "Will there be a movie based on The Immortals Series? I'm so excited to know!"

We are in negotiations--I hope to announce something soon!

message 5: by Alyson (new)

RSM wrote: "I hope it's better than the books....."

Seriously, you've already made your dislike of the books clear. It's okay not to like them. But I'm not sure why you continue to focus on something you apparently hate, when there are more positive things to focus on. So please, let this be the end of it.

message 6: by Rabiya (new)

Rabiya (rsmmsm747) Alyson wrote: "RSM wrote: "I hope it's better than the books....."

Seriously, you've already made your dislike of the books clear. It's okay not to like them. But I'm not sure why you continue to focus on someth..."

yeah, leave it

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kgrimes) | 2 comments Do you worry about the negativity that comes from people that dislike books becoming a movie? There has been so many in the media lately and I have heard a lot of critics put out negative comments.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dreibelbeis (nicoledreibelbeis) | 1 comments Love the books and looking forward to a movie as well! :-)

The Lonely Angel gosh, I didn't know there might be a movie! Ooooo, I HAVE to see it O.o

message 10: by Alyson (new)

Hi Kathryn-

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of negativity in the world, but I don't worry about that--it belongs to them and has nothing to do with me. You can NEVER please everyone, so I don't even try.

A movie will never be an exact replica of a book, it's a totally different medium. But just like I appreciate new covers of old songs -I'd also be interested in seeing a visual interpretation of my work.

message 11: by Alyson (new)

Nicole wrote: "Love the books and looking forward to a movie as well! :-)"

Thanks, Nicole!

Emily (emilykatereads) (emilykatereads) There's lots of talk about books become movies right now!
I'd love to see the Immortal Series as a movie though. :D

message 13: by Jessica (BookRockGoddess) (last edited Feb 24, 2011 07:32PM) (new)

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) I am very excited to see that you are in negotiations for a movie deal. I think these books will make great movies. I was drawn to this story right from the begining. I love Ever and Damon. I read these books along with my older daughter shortly after the death of my grandmother and I have to say the idea of the bridge and crossing over helped my daughter with that whole process of losing someone close to her. I think it helped her imagine that there was a better place. Just curious did you intend for your readers to have that type of spiritual experience or was that just a coincidence?

message 14: by Alyson (new)

Emily wrote: "There's lots of talk about books become movies right now!
I'd love to see the Immortal Series as a movie though. :D"

Thanks, Emily--I think it would be cool--fingers crossed!

message 15: by The Lonely Angel (new)

The Lonely Angel I can't wait for the movie! Eeeeeep >.<

message 16: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kgrimes) | 2 comments I totally agree. I always wonder what it would look like on the screen as I am reading. Of course not everyone will be happy because we all have our own visions, but I agree with you that it is interesting to see a visual representation to great books! (Especially The Immortal series!!) :D
Love the series!! I am sad knowing the last one is around the corner.

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Yeah. They're making The Host by Stephenie Meyer into a movie, as The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins and the City of Bones books (I don't remember what the series is called) by Cassandra Claire. I will greatly look forward to a movie of the Immortals.

message 18: by Alyson (new)

Jessica (Rhayne Vhexus/Vhiper) wrote: "I am very excited to see that you are in negotiations for a movie deal. I think these books will make great movies. I was drawn to this story right from the begining. I love Ever and Damon. I read ..."

Hi Jessica-

Oh, thank you so much for sharing that!
EVERMORE was inspired from the grief I experienced after losing 3 loved ones in 5 months and then almost losing my husband to leukemia just a short time later. It helped my heal from the grief, and that spiritual experience just found it's way into the book.

message 19: by The Lonely Angel (new)

The Lonely Angel ack! Where was I when all theae movies started being made! I must see them all! Especially immortal series!

message 20: by Alyson (new)

Hi Molly-

Oh, there are no Immortals movies yet--we are still negotiating with the movie studio!

Though there are lots of other good movies out there--can't wait to see Beastly & Red Riding Hood!

message 21: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Ohh, yes! I read Beastly over four years ago and I was so excited when I realized that they were making a movie of it! As for Red Riding Hood, I really want to see it but I doubt my parents will let me... :(

message 22: by The Lonely Angel (new)

The Lonely Angel I know the movie not even made yet but I alrwady ready to see it :D

I have to go, good night eveyone -.-

message 23: by Kayla (new)

Kayla BunWat wrote: "Hi Alyson. I had not actually heard of your books but this group showed up on my update feed and your response to RSM was so classy that I'm putting one of your titles on my to read bookshelf now...."

Wow, BunWat. I couldn't have said it better than that. :)

message 24: by Char (new)

Char (CharmaineElaine) Hi Alyson,

As there is a movie of the Immortals series in talks I was wondering who would be your dream cast would be if you could have any actors in the world (living or dead)?

I personally think Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass in Gossip Girl) would be a brilliant Roman. =)

message 25: by Khulood (new)

Khulood (khfah) A movie would be AWESOME!!! I think Dakota Fanning should play Ever!

message 26: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (lydia34) | 26 comments id love a movie

message 27: by Giovani (new)

Giovani Casani | 4 comments Thank you for answering Alyson. I'm Sorry if I made some mistake of grammar or vocabulary, cuz I'm a 14 years old boy from Brazil. I think a movie about it would be fantastic, to show us every detail that a book can't tell and only a movie can, like the appearance of the characters, and more other things. So cool! Are you thinking about bringing Radiance and Shimmer to Brazil? It will be very cool, I really liked of the synopsis that I read on your Web.
And... When Everlasting and Night Star will come to Brazilian bookstores?

message 28: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyyy) | 4 comments Wow, a movie, that would be so cool :)
I'd love to see who'd they have play the main characters like Ever and Damon :)

Love the books xxx

message 29: by Ashley Rea (new)

Ashley Rea | 11 comments i love books that have a movie to go with them.....or vise versa.....i cant wait :)

message 30: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (lydia34) | 26 comments same here!

message 31: by Ashley Rea (new)

Ashley Rea | 11 comments i was going to read the book beastly but i decided not to and now i regret it....cause know their coming out with the movie :/

i love how they made red riding hood so edgey and dark....they should do that with all the old tales :)....for example the 3 little pigs :)

message 32: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (lydia34) | 26 comments is that u in the photo?

message 33: by Alyson (new)

BunWat wrote: "Hi Alyson. I had not actually heard of your books but this group showed up on my update feed and your response to RSM was so classy that I'm putting one of your titles on my to read bookshelf now...."

BunWat-

Wow, thank you so much! I really appreciate that!
:)

message 34: by Alyson (new)

Charmaine Elaine wrote: "Hi Alyson,

As there is a movie of the Immortals series in talks I was wondering who would be your dream cast would be if you could have any actors in the world (living or dead)?

I personally..."

Hi Charmaine Elaine-

To be honest, I'm pretty bad at picking real actors to play them- I think because I can see the characters so clearly in my head, it's hard for me to cast real people to play them!

That said, Ben Barnes, has a similar look to Damen--and I totally agree with your choice for Roman!

As for Ever--I'm at a loss!

message 35: by Alyson (new)

Khulood wrote: "A movie would be AWESOME!!! I think Dakota Fanning should play Ever!"

She's a really good actress-and very pretty too!

message 36: by Alyson (new)

Olivia wrote: "id love a movie"

Me too!

message 37: by Alyson (new)

Olivia wrote: "is that u in the photo?"

LOL! I wish!

No, it's a model they've been using since the SHADOWLAND cover.

message 38: by Alyson (new)

Giovani wrote: "Thank you for answering Alyson. I'm Sorry if I made some mistake of grammar or vocabulary, cuz I'm a 14 years old boy from Brazil. I think a movie about it would be fantastic, to show us every deta..."

Hi Giovani-

No worries on grammar/vocabulary mistakes! I wouldn't even try to write in Portuguese!

The Riley books will be coming to Brazil soon--since it's a different publisher, I'm not sure of the exact dates, but you can find the Brazil info here:

http://theimmortalsbrasil.webs.com/

message 39: by Giovani (new)

Giovani Casani | 4 comments Thanks! I find some informations but... nothing very precise. I already order my Dark Flame of the nearest bookstore from my house! It will take 7 days to come, it's too much! :(
So, I have to do it's wait the eternity of 7 days.
I'm going ride a bike, bye for everyone.

message 40: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) Alyson, I must say- I really admire the way you take criticism. That's one reason I would never want to become well known, because I would just snap at anyone who has something rude to say. When you go out of your way to do what you love and for someone to just be so rude about it burns me. With that being said...I just finished Dark Flame today, and I've already started Night Star. My friend just finished Night Star and said the ending was a cliff hanger, but I wanted to tell you- Dark Flame was one of the best ones out of the whole series (in my opinion anyways) and if they do become movies, I can't wait to see them! I wish the girl they used on the cover of Shadowland could just play Ever in the movies, she's exactly what I pictured!

message 41: by Alyson (new)

Hi Ashlee-

Thank you for the kind words.

As a writer, there will always be people who don't like what you do and rush to tell you about it--all you can do is develop a think skin and not take it personal!

I think they did a great job in choosing the cover model, she looks a lot like I pictured Ever in my head! I wonder if she can act as well . . .hmmm . . .

message 42: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (TrueBelieber) | 3 comments If the movies will be anything like the books.... they will be just amazing.♥ I'll be first in line to watch!

message 43: by Krynn (new)

Krynn (lilmissgiggles) | 2 comments Alyson wrote: "RSM wrote: "I hope it's better than the books....."

Seriously, you've already made your dislike of the books clear. It's okay not to like them. But I'm not sure why you continue to focus on someth..."

agree on that!

message 44: by Alyson (new)

Kristina wrote: "If the movies will be anything like the books.... they will be just amazing.♥ I'll be first in line to watch!"

Thanks, Kristina!

message 45: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (TrueBelieber) | 3 comments Thanks for replying to me Alyson. ♥ Means a lot to me, especially coming from my favorite author. <3 I have a question: Are you going to do a book tour? If so, come to Northwest Ohio, because I'd love to meet you. :)

message 46: by Alyson (new)

Hi Kristina-

I'll be touring a few times this year, and will be posting the details as I get them! I think Ohio is a possibility this summer or fall--fingers crossed!

message 47: by Karen (new)

Karen | 2 comments Alyson,
You are so....... I'm going to stick with awesome.
The way you take criticism blows my mind (I WANT TO BE LIKE THAT!)
Some authors are very snobby about their work, but you are very humble... I went to one of your book signings before, and you are very pretty in person, too!
If you can, come to LA again!
And for the movie, I will be first in line. My friend and I actually bonded by Evermore, and it is one of my favorite books. Keep on writing!

--

-Karen

message 48: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Would Texas happen to be on that list...?

message 49: by Ciecie (new)

Ciecie Alyson wrote: "Hi Kristina-

I'll be touring a few times this year, and will be posting the details as I get them! I think Ohio is a possibility this summer or fall--fingers crossed!"

OO I so hope so! :) Yay

message 50: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) I agree with Kristina. It's been really cool asking a bunch of questions the past few days, and getting them answered by you. Kudos! it must be tough answering all the questions that you've been getting, and maybe a little annoying that people are asking the same thing over and over, lol.

And by the way- doubt you'd have the answer but I figure I could ask anyways- do you know the name of the model from the book cover? I know she was also on the book "North of Beautiful" and I think she's absolutely gorgeous! I was trying to look up some more info on her, but her name isn't posted anywhere.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6