So Many Great Books So little time discussion

The Immortal Life > Do you thin doctors should disclose their financial interest?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I think financial interest does play a big part and in this case it really should have been disclosed. Henrietta's cells were so successful and her family was so poor they could not even afford health care. Her family should have been entitled to some type of monatery amount for the success everyone else received at their families expense.

message 2: by Hilly (new)

Hilly | 14 comments I still kept waiting all the way to the end of the book to hear that HeLa was recognized but it never happened...I mean, my butt would have been calling Edgar Snyder or whomever, lol...so sad, that the family had such health problems at a young age except Day

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hilly wrote: "I still kept waiting all the way to the end of the book to hear that HeLa was recognized but it never happened...I mean, my butt would have been calling Edgar Snyder or whomever, lol...so sad, that..."

I did see that just recently like within the last few days the senate did recognize henrietta and the Hela cells.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Look on my fb profile and you will see a link on there from a post from Rebeka Skloot about the bill that was passed regarding Henrietta

message 5: by Hilly (new)

Hilly | 14 comments Really??? I'll have to look.

message 6: by Hilly (new)

Hilly | 14 comments Are we the only ones who read the book, lol

message 7: by Devlynn (new)

Devlynn Allen | 8 comments Yes and no.. If they do, and when money gets involved it can destroy everyone, and create greed on innocent people, and possible ruin their lives more so , than they already were.. If they do not disclose, then more work can get done effectively, without distractions. Sometimes greed is simply just the way powerful people function, but they do get a job done .. whether it is in their best interest or others.. Scientists and doctors want to be discovered and recognized for being God.. lol.. Maybe there could have been a way they could disclose it, in a contract for all, in which it was fair.. Hmmmmlol

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hilly wrote: "Are we the only ones who read the book, lol"

I was thinking the same thing. I am glad Dev logged on and answered too. :)

message 9: by Devlynn (new)

Devlynn Allen | 8 comments Well,I was doing something, and I AM Sorry.. MY Mind is A little disoriented now. lmao... BUt next time I will sit down and really give thoughtful answers. I had alot to say.. I cannot wait to start next book.IT IS SO nice computers allow us to get together like this........