Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Shout Out to Stacia~

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
I just would like to take a moment here to point out that Stacia ACTUALLY has 'fingerhumping the cake' in her name~ I literally have tears streaming down my face~ DAMN that is bloody funny~ Thnks Stacia.

message 2: by Leea (new)

Leea LOL... I have no idea how she comes up with these hilarious names and i'm often commenting on them... This one is truly new! This one takes the cake... :) I guess she no longer has "street Cred?"

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Lol!! haha leea, I think that brings new meaning to taking the cake

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) She is hilarious. I wish I was that clever!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This name came from a multiple group conversation.

It started in the Terminal Coffee group when a friend posted a Hunger Games cake for my birthday :

I then reposted a picture of the cake (because it's pretty awesome to anyone that's read Hunger Games) in my Hot Fictional Men Talk group and this conversation happened :

Schay "*eye-humps the cake*
Niiiiiiiice!!"

Jessica "That's booootiful! I too am now 'eye-humping' the cake. Whatever that is.

Schay you're psychotic! Nuff said luv lol"

Me "I'd rather finger hump a cake, then put it in my mouth."

Katty " hahahaha I'd finger/eye hump the cake too xDDD"

...so I had to change my name for a day

message 6: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

That's awesome...

message 7: by Leea (new)

Leea Love it and that *fingerhumping cake*

message 8: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments The cake is so pretty!

message 9: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments That is an awesome looking cake. If I wanted a NH cake, what would it look like? *pondering*

message 11: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments That is hilarious Stacia! Did someone make that for you or did you make it for someone?

message 12: by Leea (new)

Leea OMG that made my day for sure!!! Can't wait to hear if you made it Stacia? just blushed thinking about Chap 32 ;)

message 13: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments RE: Both cakes! Are you kidding me?? Amazing!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I just found a picture of it online. I had no part in the making of the cake.

message 15: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Oh that's so cool. The wonders of the internet.

message 16: by Leea (new)

Leea People are so creative... where do they find the time.

I wonder what Stacia's next *name* will be?? Any guess??

message 17: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Haha Stacia! You're suppose to take the credit with the cake and make up this elberated story!

message 18: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (cjarcher) | 95 comments Lol, that's so funny. And the cake is awesome!

message 19: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (marcella6) | 886 comments Quick question ladies off topic. Is the first chapter of City of Bones called Pandamonium? I ask because I bought the book set on my Nook and the table of contents isn't really clear on whether or not I'm starting with COB.

message 20: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Yeah, it's called Pandemonium. You've got the right book.

message 21: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Oh also off topic, I was able to pick up a copy of Unearthly at the closing borders by me Stacia, the cover is so gorgous!! I can't wait to read it from your reviews!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) You're so lucky. We were at a Borders yesterday and I was excited because I thought they were going to be having the same closing sale as everywhere else, but nothing was on sale. :(

message 23: by Leea (new)

Leea The one by my house only has 20% off...boooo!!!

So Stacia ~ you want to explain "the duchess of spork"

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It's an ode to my British GR friends who were posting pictures of ugly guys. I told them thanks and that now I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a spork.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It's a play on the duchess of york, but you probably guessed that.

message 26: by Leea (new)

Leea Ha!! i love it!!! Please don't share ugly guys pics please :)

message 28: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Oh Stacia my disappointment was that they sold out of white cat!!! I was so upset!! Haha yeah if the ugly guy pictures come back I'll have to go back and look for the men swooning/hot thread we had going

message 29: by Leea (new)

Leea Well that i could handle Ottilie :)

message 30: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments hahaha it's a nice way to brighten ones day :)

message 31: by Leea (new)

Leea Okay so am i the only one wondering what Stacia's new name means?? Come on ladies...

*Ninja Naughty Bead Thrower* it just brings a smile to my face :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This one would probably make no sense unless I showed you the topics it was based from, but since GR is being a pain, I can't do that much searching atm.

message 33: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments haha it means it's a gloomy weather thursday and stacia wants her friends to smile?

message 34: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 10, 2011 10:28PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) No one has to read any of this btw. Only if you're curious.

This is the first one where it started from Message 9 on...

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

the bead part came from this topic

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Ottilie wrote: "haha it means it's a gloomy weather thursday and stacia wants her friends to smile?"

That works too. ;)

message 36: by Leea (new)

Leea Now it all makes sense to me now :) Ha!! That sounds like a fun group... LMAO!!

message 37: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 10, 2011 11:07PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It is! It's just a general conversation group. They talk about anything and everything, and rarely do we talk about books. Usually it's more based on pop culture, tv/movies, politics/current events, food, etc. There's only a few of us in there that read the fluff, so I rarely talk about books in that group anyway! It's open for anyone who likes to randomly chat about a whole lot of nothing. They're pretty friendly with newcomers too. We have a few people desginated to catch new posters and welcome them.

message 38: by Leea (new)

Leea I just joined a Paranormal group... we'll see how that goes. I really like this group :) I looking for something more along the lines of just chatting... Might check it out someday.

message 39: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 11, 2011 12:59AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yeah, I'm in a few PNR groups as well as a couple sci-fi/fantasy ones. My favorite PNR group will always be Delirity just because the mod is really up to date on keeping all of the series organized. There's a YA PNR one that I post in mainly because the girls over there are fun to talk to, but it doesn't feature as many series I'm into.

I actually like that this group has a pretty broad range of readers here, from contemporary to historical to paranormal, as well as different level ranges from YA to erotica...it's nice to be able to talk about whatever I'm reading, no matter what it is, in this group. I'm not always in the mood to read one genre at all times.

When I first came to GR, I joined a lot of groups just to see what was out there, and after 7ish months, I find myself gravitating to the same 4 or 5 groups now, leaving the rest to the wayside. I tend to stick to the ones with good people, and this group has good people.

message 40: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (cjarcher) | 95 comments I tend to stick to the same 2 as well, Stacia, this being one of them. Obviously it's the people here that make it special :)

message 41: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 11, 2011 12:59AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I think we had spoken of this in another topic recently, but I have a hard time leaving groups, even ones I don't post in, because I like seeing what their monthly reads are. Each group tends to have a different preference for what the people like to vote on, and I am able to get a variety of ideas just from seeing what different groups are reading.

So there are some groups I post in and others I lurk in. I guess that makes me a stalker.

We should maybe consider trying another monthly group read again. I think the last one was a flop because we were sort of getting our bearings about how we were going to do it, and people were unsure when to start. It also helps to use the group feature that allows you to have the actual picture up on the front page with the date to show what the current read is, so it reminds people. Maybe at some point we should throw up a poll and let people vote, in order to see if people are interested in trying it again.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Btw...I'm almost tempted to change this topic name to something neutral, haha. I feel like I'm pimping myself every time I post in this thread!

message 43: by Leea (new)

Leea Stacia *Ninja Naughty-Bead Thrower* wrote: "Yeah, I'm in a few PNR groups as well as a couple sci-fi/fantasy ones. My favorite PNR group will always be Delirity just because the mod is really up to date on keeping all of the series organize..."

Delirity group was the one i joined last night... Funny! It just came up when i searched groups and i'm really been reading PN lately so i thought i would give it a try.

message 44: by Leea (new)

Leea now were is the fun in that... (you having a neutral name and all :)

I really wish we would do more group reads!! Is anyone interested??

message 45: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Stacia Rocks! How about that thread name?

I may have to go check out the TerminalCoffee group, I've heard it's really fun.

I'm part of a YA for adults group, which I love. It's alot like this one and we all get off topic alot and mostly just chat about stuff.
Then the BDB group, which is highly regulated and organized.
The Outlander Group, and a Fever Group.

message 46: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Leea wrote: "now were is the fun in that... (you having a neutral name and all :)

I really wish we would do more group reads!! Is anyone interested??"

I could try to fit in a group read. I'm in alot of challenges, so sometimes I don't make it, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

message 47: by Leea (new)

Leea I just notices that so groups have optional group reads... We could do something like that. Maybe when a new book comes out like BDB etc. Hey just an idea - no big deal! I know that Terminal Coffee group looks good...

message 48: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

What? You don't like my Shout Out? Or being the center of attention? LOL. I like the name~ And you should welcome pimping yourself out~ you are definatly pimp worthy IMO~ Besides~ You have made an awesome mod addition so far~ As far as the group reads~ By all means~ PLEASE DO~ As I am a computer moron, and never did figure out that whole poll and group reads thang.

message 49: by Leea (new)

Leea Hey i know we tried but no one was really into it. Might just be me :)

message 50: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Or maybe something not too lengthy and that isn't a series. Like... Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt .

« previous 1