♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Debates > Computer or Laptop?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jude, The First One :) (last edited Mar 18, 2011 02:07PM) (new)

Jude (judehnd) | 565 comments Mod
Computer or Laptop?

This may seem dumb, but my brothers and I got into this subject for TWO HOURS! and we didn't finished....

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) laptop- more convenient

message 3: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Computer

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 8 comments laptop!! its easier !!

message 6: by Xia (new)

Xia (xiat) Computer

message 7: by Lily (new)

Lily | 68 comments laptop... only because I like to write almost everywhere I go. Sometimes I can't find a computer to use when I go out...

message 8: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Lily wrote: "laptop... only because I like to write almost everywhere..."

I'd love to carry my Laptop around all day but I'm afraid someone will steal it - which happens a lot where I live - so I do the old school thing... carry a notebook xD

message 9: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Laptops use less energy....

message 10: by Kara (last edited Feb 28, 2011 10:05PM) (new)

Kara (kara_writes) Jude wrote: "Computer or Laptop?

This may seem dumb, but my brothers and I got into this subject for TWO HOURS! and we didn't finished...."

Laptop xD

message 11: by Johanness (new)

Johanness (cookiesandcute) | 46 comments Hmm...
Computer = Stable mouse, stable everything, stays in one place, stable internet, endless supply of power
Laptop = Anywhere and everywhere, no mouse (bed, lounge, cement), internet dodgy connection, durable, battery life...

Laptop FTW! <3 (more cons with the laptop, but I prefer it.)

message 12: by Ⓛeah (new)

Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ (goodreadscomLeah13) | 100 comments I think the computer is more reliable but I use a laptop more for school work it often fails the battery dies or has bad connections and it is only convenient until something on it fails and it is only a matter of time so I say computer

message 13: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Question: A lot of you seem to have laptops and I'm wondering, do you name them? 'cause I tend to name everything of mine, from My Ipod (Susi) and my Laptop (Carl) or my Kindle (Simon) My brother says I'm a freak for naming things.... my car's called Pumpkin (its orange xD)

So, do you guys name your stuff.... or am I REALLY a freak xD?

message 14: by Ⓛeah (new)

Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ (goodreadscomLeah13) | 100 comments No I name things =P I just thought I was crazy but maybe not =>

message 15: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Ⓛeah wrote: "No I name things =P I just thought I was crazy but maybe not =>"

Maybe we're not :P

message 16: by Ⓛeah (new)

Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ (goodreadscomLeah13) | 100 comments Haha I name trees..

message 17: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Haley wrote: "No, of course not. Just seems a little... wacky!"

LOL xD!

yeah I know but, when I was little I was always fighting for my stuff against my brother... somehow naming my stuff always felt like they where more Mine...

message 18: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Johanness wrote: "Hmm...
Computer = Stable mouse, stable everything, stays in one place, stable internet, endless supply of power
Laptop = Anywhere and everywhere, no mouse (bed, lounge, cement), internet dodgy conn..."

LOL xD!

message 19: by Jude, The First One :) (last edited Mar 03, 2011 02:30PM) (new)

Haley wrote: "Jude wrote: "Haley wrote: "No, of course not. Just seems a little... wacky!"

LOL xD!

yeah I know but, when I was little I was always fighting for my stuff against my brother... somehow namin..."

^^........... you win, It IS wacky xD!

message 20: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

jhajha xD!

message 21: by Zee (new)

Zee Laptop....

message 22: by Johanness (new)

Johanness (cookiesandcute) | 46 comments I named my guitar BoZo... >///<

message 23: by Zee (new)

Zee lmao:)

message 24: by Rebecca (last edited Mar 07, 2011 03:29AM) (new)

Rebecca | 348 comments laptop

Then you can lie in bed with it!!!

message 25: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Bozo... I like that name :)

You see Haley? It ain't that crazy at all :D!

message 26: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Rebecca wrote: "laptop

Then you can lie in bed with it!!!"

You lie in bed with your laptop.... O.o?

message 27: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 56 comments I got both at home couse my brother needs to buy new elctrical stuff all the time ;-)
...most of the time I prefer the laptop
...and no until now my laptop got no name but if I get a car some day itll get a name!!!

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sb3626) | 3 comments I like both but when I'm doing something for school I prefer a laptop so I can move around a lot

message 29: by Alese (new)

Alese (ireadtoescapereality) | 34 comments I like laptop's better..

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaess) | 395 comments Laptop! You can take your valuables wherever you go. And by valuables I mean your ebooks and online buddies LOL. Also, it's just more accessible. I really don't think I could stay sitting at a computer till late at night! I'd rather have it in my bed, thanks!

message 31: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaess) | 395 comments LMAO! Doesn't everyone! x)

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 428 comments Computers. May not be portable but they don't have that stupid mouse pad that always seems to mess me up.

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaess) | 395 comments LOL. Mousepads will be good to you when you have a Mac x)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

LAPTOP!!

message 35: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (atekayla) I can't live without my laptop :) That way, I don't have to sit in my computer chair and I can relax on the couch or in bed and still do what I need to do on my laptop!

message 36: by Mansi (new)

Mansi (DevilRebel62) Hmmm.. It sorta depends on the company too.
I have a Macintosh Pro laptop and it's amazing. But the computers they make are wireless. Only one or two cords and BAM.. You on :p
So... I would have to say both!

message 37: by Just Deena (new)

Just Deena (invictusmaneo) | 1315 comments Elaine wrote: "Computer... Bigger and less annoying"

AHAHA HARD MAN! :)

message 38: by Just Deena (last edited Apr 10, 2011 09:09PM) (new)

Just Deena (invictusmaneo) | 1315 comments i like both of them, they each have their advantages and disadvantages so idk :):)

message 39: by Eirian (new)

Eirian (EirianRane) | 164 comments Deena_Mathers! wrote: "i like both of them, they each have their advantages and disadvantages so idk :):)"

Agreed! :)
It depends on what you're using it for.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Both for me.

message 41: by Keira (new)

Keira Lea | 1 comments Do desktop computers still exist? ;-) Life would not be worth living without my MacBook. I use a laptop for my day job, too. Of course, the question these days should be: desktop, laptop, or tablet?

message 42: by Déa (new)

Déa Solin Laptop - hello, you can take them with you everywhere you go.

message 43: by Jody (new)

Jody Kihara (jodykihara) | 35 comments Keira wrote: "Do desktop computers still exist? ;-) Life would not be worth living without my MacBook."
Ohhh I'd love a Macbook...
the problem with a lot of laptops is that they're NOT that light! pretty bulky and heavy in fact,
I bought an Asus netbook (which I call a mini-laptop) and I love it for portability. The only problem is, the monitor is small, so things like working in a spreadsheet are kind of frustrating. I wish I could just flip the monitor to portrait!
And it's supposed to get 11 hours of battery life but that's a total lie, it's more like 4.

message 44: by Marina (new)

Marina | 1 comments laptop

message 45: by Nicky (new)

Nicky laptop

message 46: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophia_sparkles) | 192 comments Laptops. They can be just like desktops in some ways, but they have so many other features... like, you can take them places. But you also have to worry about the charger, battery power... but they are also smaller!

message 47: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 14 comments laptop for sure!

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren-sky) | 159 comments Laptop defs, although i have a desktop :/

message 49: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie Laptop

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

iPad 2 <----- I love mine! Its dual core processor really speeds it up.

MacBook Pro for performance (The supechraged Apple laptop for those who are Windows or Linux inclined) Amazing graphics, think and beautiful design, brilliant displays and 7 hours of battery life.

« previous 1 3