Q&A with Cat Grant discussion

M/M Romance > Soldier, Sailor or Marine?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new)

Cat Grant (catgrant) | 38 comments Mod
Once I finish my research - which may take awhile! - I plan to write a m/m romance dealing with a military officer who's been discharged under DADT.

Can't decide which branch of the service I want him to be from, though. Soldier, sailor or Marine?

Which would you like to see, and why?

message 2: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments Oh... my... you have just sent my excitement level thru the roof.

Personally, I love Marines best I think. Not sure why, could just be because I'm the daughter of. I love love LOVE Marines. To me, they are the toughest, the badest, the best of the best. And that uniform is damn sexy too. =)

That being said, I love all soliders. Military romance books have become vera high on my list, which actually came as a complete surprise to me. I love them! love Love LOVE.

Sailors? Not so much. Unless we're talking of the pirate nature, and, well, that's a whole different thing.

message 3: by Cat (new)

Cat Grant (catgrant) | 38 comments Mod
I'm leaning towards Marines myself. If so, may I call on you to be my RL "technical advisor"? ;)

message 4: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments LOL, anytime my dear, anytime.

Truthfully, Marines make me swoon. But let's not let that get out. I don't like people knowing I swoon. It's so un... badass. ;)

message 5: by Damon (new)

Damon Suede (damonsuede) I'd say MArine as well.

Marines have a rough-n-ready quality taht's sexy and dangerous and a little reckless. Both as Corps and individually. All the MArines I've known have shown that quality, a sweet roughness and a roll-up-your sleeves pragmatism. Also there's an almost grudging "grunt" vibe which often creates tension between the Marines and other branches and that too is a source of sexy tension. Or maybe I just think there is no ass hotter than Marine ass.

I'm just sayin'. :)

message 6: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments Yeah. What Damon said. =)