Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Pick my next book for me???

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gyn (new)

Gyn  (gynh) | 32 comments Well, I am at that depressing time when I've finished reading all the new releases in series I love and I need to move on and find something new to read. I am trying to choose between:
Lords of the Underworld
Anita Black Vampire Hunter
Feral Warriors
Fever
Darkswan
The Perfect Play

Any suggestions or opinions would be fabulous!

message 2: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments Fever is awesome

message 3: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Fever & Dark Swan are both great

message 4: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments Dark Swan anything by Richelle Mead is great. I also really liked Anita Blake.

message 5: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments I vote Dark Swan or Fever (since so many people like it).

message 6: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments Dark Swan!!!!

message 7: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 103 comments fever

message 8: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (cjarcher) | 49 comments Fever

message 9: by Sondrae (last edited Feb 24, 2011 01:29PM) (new)

Sondrae Bennett | 32 comments Fever is one of my all time favorites. Although I haven't read Darkswan and a bunch of people seem to like it. Guess I need to check that one out, lol.

EDIT: I just checked out Dark Swan...that series looks awesome! But I still go with Fever since I've actually read it and it is also awesome.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) | 116 comments anita blake

message 11: by ☽ Rhiannon ✭ (new)

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments Fever

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments Fever! Oh Barrons* swoon*

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) Lords of the Underworld!!

message 14: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments Lords of the Underworld if you want a PNR. Fever if you want a UF. But I vote for LOTU!

message 15: by Jennifer70 (new)

Jennifer70 | 1 comments Fever series is incredible, the writing is fabulous and she digs into the characters. LOTU is also great and the reading is pretty light. HTH

Sillylittlefishey | 1024 comments My vote is Fever...definitely.

Christen (GoldiloxReads) | 57 comments FEVER :)

message 18: by Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov (last edited Feb 24, 2011 04:01PM) (new)

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) I've had the first book of the Fever series on my bookshelf for 2 months now and haven't had a chance to read it! I think I will start it after I finish Demonica!

message 19: by Asena (new)

Asena (asoska) | 5 comments Anita Blake

message 20: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Dude! How could you not make this yummy delight: The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton your next read?!?! He is definately as good as he looks! ;-)

Imo (Omnom Books) (igloo) | 1 comments Definitely Fever, you won't be disappointed :D

message 22: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 511 comments I agree on Fever, despite me struggling with the last book! I just love Barrons!

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 27 comments Fever! Especially because all the books are out now! My second choice would be Dark Swan!

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 27 comments Fever! Especially because all the books are out now! My second choice would be Dark Swan!

message 25: by Kathyjacks (new)

Kathyjacks Fever! I haven't read the rest yet.

message 26: by Gyn (new)

Gyn  (gynh) | 32 comments Well, I did it!!! I dove into the Perfect Play since it was a single book. I liked it and will read the rest of the series when they come out. Then I started the Fever series 3 days ago! As Dani would say...Holy feck! I have devoured the first 3 books and am starting #4 today. I purposefully keep myself in the dark about books before I read them and was under the impression this was a young adult series and I think that was holding me back from reading it...regretting that now. I just had to look and see if we get some answers and I found out that Shadowfever is the last book....please,please,please let this end the way I want it to! I won't be able to stand it if Jericho Barrons is not the ultimate good guy HEA! Thanks everyone for making me read this!

message 27: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments You will be kept guessing till the very end! Totally one of my favorite series. Fever is awesome!!!

message 28: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 103 comments :0) I am so glad you like Fever!!1 it was such a great read and the last book has so many twist and turns it keeps you wanting more

message 29: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Virginia *Vylence* wrote: "Well, I did it!!! I dove into the Perfect Play since it was a single book. I liked it and will read the rest of the series when they come out. Then I started the Fever series 3 days ago! As Dan..."

*happy dance* I called it! ;-)

Mick is awesome, isn't he? Can't wait for Gavin's book.

message 30: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (imahoodieninja) | 170 comments Fever Series ALL THE WAY!

message 31: by Colette (new)

Colette | 33 comments Fever Series is amazing! You should read any book by Richelle Mead next. All 3 of her series are amazing in completely different ways...

message 32: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments I'd say Dark Swan if you're in the mood for UF, or LOTU if you're in the mood for PNR. I've never read the fever series but I've heard it has at least one overly graphic rape scene so it's not on my tbr.

message 33: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Nairabell, your totally missing out to be averted so easily. I don't remember the scene being that graphic and it was only a very small part of an amazing series.

message 34: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments Hmmm, it could be the person who told me overstated it, especially as it was announced in the middle of an 'I hate cliffhangers' rant. Still I'm not entirely sure as I'm not usually a massive fan of Fae books.

message 35: by ஐAndreaஐ (last edited Mar 03, 2011 12:06PM) (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I think it was only the second fae series I read and honestly I wasn't huge on the first book, but after the second I was hooked. It's a great adventure. You can't guess what's going to happen next or even who the bad guys are half the time.

And you don't even have to worry about the horrible cliff hanger's, like most of us had to, because the series is complete.

I can't guarantee that you'll like it, but you might love it :)

message 36: by WillowBe (new)

WillowBe (booklurver) @ Nairabell: the scene, was more coerced/ lack of consent sex, than "grabbed her off the street in terror" gritty realistic-type rape. Still, if you don't like Fae, avoid Fever, because it is all Fae all the time though it's kind of a young woman's coming of age story too.

@Virginia- you've got to savor the books, not gulp them down! There are only so many PNR to read. I waited months for KMM to finally publish the last two Fever books to avoid the agony of the cliffhanger. Mix your reading up with some other lit. It will make your PNR all the better.

And ladies, don't stone me, but I hated the Swan series. Her worldbuilding just didn't make sense, IMO.

message 37: by Becky (new)

Becky  (bucktuskl) | 69 comments The Fever Series and Lords of the Underworld are both awesome!

message 38: by Gianna (new)

Gianna (giannam) | 5 comments Fever Series!!

message 39: by Gyn (new)

Gyn  (gynh) | 32 comments Well, I finished the Fever series! I am definitely not a sipper...I am a gulper! I have some book OCD issues and can't read anything out of order or more than one book at a time. I dive completely into a world and do not surface until I've explored every crevice. Thanks for the Fever encouragement. It was awesome!!!!! I am going to skim through the Mercy Thompson books now so I can get back into that world for River Marked and then I think I'm going to do the Dark Swan series. Thanks again!

message 40: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I'm so glad you liked it! I think you'll really like dark swan too :) I'm reading river marked now and its cute so far

message 41: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 81 comments I haven't read Dark Swan yet but that's getting my vote since it's by Richelle Mead. I've loved all her series so far.

message 42: by Gyn (new)

Gyn  (gynh) | 32 comments Well I need something good after River Marked! This is the most boring book I've read in a while! Anyone have any good single novel recommendations?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Perfect Play (other topics)