Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Historical Romance > Geralyn Dawson

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Is anyone familiar with Geralyn Dawson's Bad Luck Bride series?

message 2: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) i've not read those ones, but I have read some of her romantic suspense books. And I read a novella or two from anthologies that were historicals. She's actually a local author so I've met her many times and we're friendly. She rarely does book signings because they make her dreadfully nervous (she's always afraid no one will show up. As if.) so on the rare occasions she does do them, I try to show up and hang out for a while with her to make her feel better and show suppoert, even if I already have the book signed.

And just FYI too, she's now writing under the name Emily March and her first book under that name just came out last week. These books are still classified as romance, but as I understand it, they are more along the lines of a Debbie Macomber type romance, that borders on Women's fiction.

She's coming to our book club meeting in April since we're discussing her book then.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Wow! Thanks for sharing Kelley. It's always nice to learn a little bit about the author as a person, you know? I'm even more excited to read her Bad Luck Bride series now. I'll have to look for the Emily March book. Gosh! I wish there were some local authors in my community, LOL!

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yes, thanks for sharing Kelley. I checked out Angel's Rest An Eternity Springs Novel (Eternity Springs, #1) by Emily March and it looks pretty good. Marked it as TBR.

message 5: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) Michelle wrote: "Wow! Thanks for sharing Kelley. It's always nice to learn a little bit about the author as a person, you know? I'm even more excited to read her Bad Luck Bride series now. I'll have to look for ..."

She's a great lady. Very very nice and a little wild/crazy. And she's a die hard college football fan.

I hope you like the Emily March book if you read it Michelle and LisaKay. I just bought the book this week so havne't started it yet. I got the audio of it from Audible as well so I may end up reading it that way instead.

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I checked my library and they have it on order.

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Wow, they have it on audio. Maybe I'll make a trip there tomorrow. Thanks.

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 24, 2011 09:19PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments My mistake, they have it on order and someone already has a hold on it. But not Hummingbird Lake An Eternity Springs Novel (Eternity Springs, #2) by Emily March ...maybe I'll reserved that instead. Both audio CDs.

message 9: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) they are releaseing the three Emily MArch books back to back I'm pretty sure. So the next two months should have the next to books, if I'm remembering correctly.

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yep. The third one is Heartache Falls An Eternity Springs Novel (Eternity Springs, #3) by Emily March which my library has only ordered as a book, no CD.

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I was very bad at the bookstore today, so I am now looking at the library. :)

message 12: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) Lisa Kay wrote: "I was very bad at the bookstore today, so I am now looking at the library. :)"

LOL LisaKay! I hear you on that! I've been using the library a lot more often lately. I've used it for a lot of audios since I got hooked on that format. But now that my library has finally started doing downloadable eBooks in addition to downloadable audio, I've been getting books that way as well and reading on my Nook or Kobo Readers.

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I haven't heard of a Kobo Readers...do you like it?

message 14: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) Lisa Kay wrote: "I haven't heard of a Kobo Readers...do you like it?"

Out of all three eReaders I have, the Kobo has the least features and does the least. But it is also the cheapest one out there right now (Borders just dropped the price to $99.99 about a month ago). However, I actually like it quite a bit. It's not perfect, and doing all the searches and such with only the 4 way button is a little frustrating, but it's a great deal for the money.

I got it because 9 times out of 10 my electronic review galleys and library books don't work properly on my Nook. SO I got teh Kobo primarily for that. And I've had zero problems with my review books or library books since I got it so I'm a happy camper.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Thanks for the info Kelley. I see it is also sold at Wal-mart. I will have to talk to my libraian.

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I'll probably check Wal-mart for Angel's Rest An Eternity Springs Novel (Eternity Springs, #1) by Emily March . I'll also behave myself and check the library too. I love stories involving animals and second chances, so this one seems like a good one.

message 17: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yeah, she a vet, so it's sure to have a dog in it. Right?