What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Woman searching for sister, widower with children, historical, set in America

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (new)

Monica Maybe (monicamaybe) | 5 comments *******SPOILERS********

*******SPOILERS********

*******SPOILERS********

I read this book about 7 years ago. I unfortunately don't remember the author nor the title of the books.

Some of the things I do remember is, the heroine was searching for her sister, who apparently went cuckoo and thought she was a witch, when that was still a big no no, and some of the townspeople burned her. Her husband is a logger, I'm pretty sure. He was also burned trying to rescue his wife. He went celibate after her death. He has two sons. The sisters father was a cheat, like at cards and the like. She told the captain that her brooch was real in return for passage on the ship to go to her sister, who lives in america. The sisters husband took responsibility for her passage fair, and in return she would cook and clean and take care of the children. She had a cat with her. When she first gets there, a bull tried to gouge her. The widower has a tree fall on him and he gets a fever and she brings him back to health. She gets kidnapped by Indians so that she can save their leader. The widower has some brothers and I'm pretty sure they fight over her. She uses a curling iron, which she keeps hidden. She stays in this tiny room right off of the kitchen. The widower smashes her fathers brooch. When he rescues her from the Indians they get caught in a snow storm and hole up in a cave. I can't remember much else but that.

I'm sorry if it's not enough, but I sincerely hope someone can help me. I feel like I'm going crazy!

message 2: by Deb (new)

Deb (vtscaper) | 11 comments I don't know anything about this book but all those details really made me smile! How could so much drama happen in one lifetime? I wonder what happens in the cave during the snowstorm.....;D With these details I bet you get the answer pretty quick....

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Towne | 2 comments Monica,
This book sounds like a Nightmare to me. I feel that you are somehow calling for help and I want you to know that some of us out here are REAL people who care enough to work for many generations to change the violent craziness of this present time [2372 isn't it ?]
As a 'Leftover Hippie from the 60's' I know that Love is still the answer !

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Monica, are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Giving this a bump since Monica posted recently.