Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Let's talk about handbags

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I just saw this article on the world's most expensive handbag -- 3 point something million and encrusted with diamonds (thousands of them). You can read about it here, but I'm curious about your handbag. It's something women have held on to throughout ages. Where did you get your current handbag and how many do you own? I confess I'm a simple woman when it comes to handbags -- I buy one and wear it to death (and I usually buy it at a discount place like Marshall's). Forty dollars is my limit for a bag -- but I love to see other women with flashier bags than mine (don't know what that says, but I'd love to hear about your fancy purses, too). On, and I do have a small black dressy dress purse I use for elegant times. So here's the handbag that's worth millions --

The world's most expensive handbags (one costs $3.8 million!) - Fashion + Beauty on Shine
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "I just saw this article on the world's most expensive handbag -- 3 point something million and encrusted with diamonds (thousands of them). You can read about it here, but I'm curious about your h..."

My hubby just bought me a purse I love! I picked it out, but he surprised me by saying I could go get it :) He said he was going to get it for me, but wasn't sure which one I wanted. I never get purses that are probably above $40.00, and I too wear them out, lol! If I have a special occasion I buy one to go with the dress, but that is super rare! I love purses with a bit of sheen, some bling, or something a bit different about them. I don't get crazy with my clothes, so this my purses are often my way of having a bit of fun with my wardrobe I guess ;) I posted a pic of the purse hubby got me.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "I just saw this article on the world's most expensive handbag -- 3 point something million and encrusted with diamonds (thousands of them). You can read about it here, but I'm curious about your h..."

I LOVE that purse! It definately has the bling I like, lol! However, it would be silly to get something like that in my opinion. Money like that could help so many people in the world, and you could get a fake that would be just as sparkly and cute.

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

LOL, Heidi, you're my kind of girl!

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments I really dont have many but I got a nice quilted one in Hawaii its read and was great over there to carry water and other things. It was $15 I also got a smaller one the size of the front part that holds the wallet, glasses and not much more but good for walking its the same type.

message 6: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'd like a handbag that size, Ausjenny. Do you suppose I should go to Hawaii and buy one??

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Yes I think its an legit reason to go to Hawaii!

message 8: by JanetTronstad (new)

This conversation reminds me that my sister, Doris, bought two very nice leather handbags on our Mediterrean trip ( a purple one in Paris and a mustard-colored one in Greece). She loves to use both of them because she always gets a comment on how nice they are and someone will ask where she got them -- she loves saying Paris or Greece.

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Oh how cool. Mine are material and red but the bigger one holds my bible so I can take it to church as I walk and it holds more than I would have thought.
I use to only take a backpack.

message 10: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Wow, that is expensive! And I like the ones I have better. :)
I have never spent over forty for one either- and I have a bunch. My current one is pink, got it at JCPenney's. :) I am addicted and I will always buy one if it's in my price range and cute. All colors! The brighter the better! I switch them often so I never wear any out! lol

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Sadly I am a purse-a-holic! hehehe :D My parents got a really nice purse for my birthday. I usually never spend over 75 for my purses. Needless to say my nice purse is the one I carry now. I like colorful ones, I switch to more colorful ones in the spring and summer and of course black is always there.