Pamela Clare ~ Fan Group discussion

This & That > Kindle Swap/ Nook Lending... ???

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs. (last edited Feb 24, 2011 04:48AM) (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments Anyone up for Swapping of Kindle Information? Please say whether you are interested or not, and then peeps can email/inbox info if you feel OK about it :)

If you have any lend me books for your Nook that you are willing to share, you can list them here as well :)

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1381 comments Mod
I'll have to say no. I belong to 2 Kindle "lend" groups already so I'm spread pretty thin.

message 3: by Zaanodes (new)

Zaanodes | 5 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Kindle "lend" groups..."

Brand-new to Kindle...Would you mind explaining please?

I appreciate your time!

message 4: by Vic (last edited Feb 24, 2011 10:05AM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 9 comments Amazon recently added the ability to lend a kindle book to someone else with a Kindle or Kindle to PC app (etc.). This is controlled by the book publisher so not all books are lend-able. A kindle books can only be lent ONCE EVER and while it's lent, you can't read your copy of the kindle book. Like physically giving book to friend. I think the lending period expires after 2 weeks and then you can never lend that book again but you can then read your kindle version of it.

To do this, go to your Manage My Kindle section of your account you'll see all Kindle books you've bought on that account. Clicking the + beside the book will expand the information shown for that book. If a book is lend-able and hasn't been lent, there will be a button there "Loan this book". You'll be taken to a form to lend it.

Also, on the Kindle product page in the Product details you should see something like "Lending: Enabled" to tell that you could lend it.

This is my understanding but I haven't lent any of my books yet. Please jump in if I have any of this incorrect.

message 5: by Zaanodes (new)

Zaanodes | 5 comments Thank you, Vic! I will have to check that out,