Stop Animal Cruelty discussion

Common Issues > Sending animals into space

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel well this sort of has to do with how you fell about it. But i dissgre, exspacaly when they trian monkey to pilat shuttles!
have you ever heard of the jack russle form i think russia. They put her in one of the early crafts. And if i remeber corectly she died in space. (ill find the artical late)
to me it seems that their only doing because its to dangerouse for humans to go!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, this one im actually nuetral on. They make sure the conditions are as safe as possible. But i do believe if an animal is going a human should go with them. One life more or less?

message 3: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel true true but what do you mean one life more or less?

message 4: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) The dog's name was Laika and she died a few hours after launch

- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/2...

message 5: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel oh ya thanks. Poor pupy i love the name though!

message 6: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Soviet Russia did far worse things to people than Laika >.<

But, at this point, I think it's alright. They don't really harm the animals....

message 7: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel still, i mean, for instance monkeys, most of them are triand from a sorta young age (m not sure) but i mean, the could be liveing a comfetrable life in a zoo or somthing

message 8: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments They could...but still, tis not harming them. They aren't mistreated (I think)...so I don't really see a problem.

message 9: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) the thing is, russia lied about how long laika lived....they lied to the ENTIRE WORLD

message 10: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments They've still done quite a bit worse, especially if they admitted that she did die.

message 11: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) Normally, I agree with all this stuff immediately, but this one... I dunno. It just seems like a grey area that we will never come to a consensus on.

message 12: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel you have a piont i guess it all dpeneds