Bookaholics!! discussion

Currently Reading > Recommendations or NOT

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (porkchop0911) | 65 comments Mod
Its great to have such a wide range of books at hand since there are so many different people out there with different likes and dislikes. This place is to discuss books that you have read or are currently and comment about them on why or why you did not like them.

message 2: by Rasier (new)

Rasier Fallen by Lauren Kate

message 3: by Amanda (new)

I will check into that never heard of it before. Did you like it or NOT? What were good or bad things about it.

Oh and maybe something that is easier for everyone when you post a book maybe try and remember to link the book.

If you do not know how to do that just ask! Thanks!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

I highly REC The Shadow of the Wind. I give it 5 star rating it was action mystery love all in one book. I couldnt get enough of it wish it could have gone on longer but that is alright.

message 5: by Rasier (new)

Rasier i loved it. its about this girl who gets reincarnated every time she falls in love with Daniel, and angel. she's missunderstood. She also has to choose between good or bad. Kinda gothic depending on how you view it.http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/64...

message 6: by Rasier (new)

Rasier shadow of the wind. i'll try it

message 7: by Amanda (new)

i am usually not into those types of books but i will give anything a go. OH goodie its at my library i think i will go and pick up a copy some time this weekend.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Rasier wrote: "shadow of the wind. i'll try it"

you will not regret it.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Meyer (amandarenay18) A couple of my favorites are The Maze Runner , and The Scorch Trials
Both are awesome books, I'm waiting on the third book to come out, I'm very excited about it!

message 10: by Amanda (new)

i hate when you start to read a series and then you always have to wait for the next one to come out and it just cant come out fast enough.

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Meyer (amandarenay18) I know, I hate that! My aunt bought me the Inheritance Series, Eragon, Eldest & Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. (i don't think i spelled his name right) but, she bought them 3 or 4 years ago, and the fourth book still hasn't come out yet! I'm hoping it comes out soon, I really want to read it.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

I love the Janet Evanovich Plum Serie its great. I have read a lot of her books but i am getting them in different order and it doesnt really matter if you read them in that order because she does a good good job in bringing you up to speed. I highly REC her books even the romance novels she has out.

message 13: by Donnamarie (new)

Donnamarie (gunslinger19) | 9 comments I am currently reading Paradise Lost and numerous research texts. I have also really got into audiobooks so I am listening to Lord of the Rings.

message 14: by Rasier (new)

Rasier i tried reading Lord of the Rings in 6th grade. i didnt like it

message 15: by Amanda (last edited Feb 28, 2011 06:28AM) (new)

I am currently listening to Water for Elephants on audiobook i also have a paperback copy haha. Its a fantastic book so far and there is a movie coming out pretty soon so i wanted to read it before i went to see the movie.

UPDATE:

OMG totally read this book it is so great. Nothing what you expect. I really cant wait till the movie comes out. Told my boyfriend that i want to go see it the day it comes out so hopefully we will go.

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Rasier wrote: "i tried reading Lord of the Rings in 6th grade. i didnt like it"

I never got into that series

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Currently Reading:The Glass Castle

So far its pretty good. I just cant believe that people really treat their children like animals. Or that is how i see it. Pick it up if you see a copy.

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Meyer (amandarenay18) I'm getting ready to read The Artemis Fowl Series, I've heard they are really good.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

I am currently reading The Glass Castle and The Last Lecture

message 20: by Rasier (new)

Rasier i tried reading artemis fowl last year. didnt work out

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda wrote: "I am currently reading The Glass Castle and The Last Lecture"

If you want a good heart filled story and a tear jerker then read the last lecture. It is filled with great information about life and how to really live life and everything. I actually had some tears.

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Four to Score and Full Bloom

are both pretty good books anything from Janet Evanovich is great and entertaining. They are lso quick reads