Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Outlandiish Companion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments I got the Outlandish Companion last week and I find my self just turning page after page not really reading like I am looking for something, but no idea what I think I am looking for. Maybe I am just fascinated to have it. lol! Do you recommend just starting to read it from the beginning or is there a "Best Part" about the book?
I would love your opinions! Wendy, especially you as you are who I look up to when it comes to all things Outlander!

message 2: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I didn't read that guide from beginning to end. I fipped through it and read it for key things. I liked te Natal charts. Now I use it for a reference tool.

message 3: by Mary G. (new)

Mary G. (nonometoo) | 319 comments That's how I use it, too. I like to just open it and start reading. It's neat finding out why DG decided to approach a certain topic or scene the way she did, etc. I can't wait for the second one. It's supposed to have more stuff included. It's also fun reading DG's summary of the books; there's always something interesting that she highlights.
Anyway, enjoy!

message 4: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments Congrats Fawn! I love my Companion. It is not the type of book one would read from beginning to end. It is a reference book like Wendy says. I was enthralled with it too! I had not read the first four books yet and reading the book summaries was wonderful for me! I think the companion is responsible for making me even more obsessed with the series.
The questions and answer section is great for those burning questions we all have. Where and how Diana got her ideas is intriguing etc etc. Ya, just a fun book to have around! Enjoy it!

message 5: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments Thanks Ladies! Yeah I agree it's fun to have. It makes me feel like the day after Christmas, ya know when you actually have time to really look at and enjoy the gifts you got? I am enjoying it Mary!

I got totally absorbed in reading Jamie & Claire's Horoscopes Wendy. I wasn't expecting that and I love it!

Thanks Ladyhawk, Oh lord please don't tell me that I can get any more obsessed than I already am! It's helping me slow down on EITB. All of the books so far I have read from my Kindle, but it's nice to have the The heavy hard back of The Companion in my hot little hands!

message 6: by Teresita (new)

Teresita A | 531 comments Fawn wrote: "I got the Outlandish Companion last week and I find my self just turning page after page not really reading like I am looking for something, but no idea what I think I am looking for. Maybe I am ju..." Fawn. i have the companion book also and it has helped me to understand the books alot better. Has alot of interesting things in it and i love the questions and answers part too.

message 7: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments Teresita wrote: "Fawn wrote: "I got the Outlandish Companion last week and I find my self just turning page after page not really reading like I am looking for something, but no idea what I think I am looking for. ..."

Teresita, Yes! I get a kick out of reading the questions and answers part. One of the questions to Diana was, could you write these books with no sex in them because I listen in my car with my 4yr. (or something to that affect) LOL really!? I rather like the sex parts and wouldn't mind a few more, but I WOULDN'T try and listen to these books with a 4 year old in my car. Really makes me laugh!

message 8: by Teresita (new)

Teresita A | 531 comments Fawn wrote: "Teresita wrote: "Fawn wrote: "I got the Outlandish Companion last week and I find my self just turning page after page not really reading like I am looking for something, but no idea what I think I..." Hi Fawn. That's funny! I enjoy the sex scenes myself but I would not want any kids around me listening to that either.

message 9: by April (new)

April | 13 comments I listen to the books on my iPod, my 4 year old always watches Disney movies, so I just use one ear bud while driving. I don't clean my house too often, but when I do Jamie and Claire help me get through it!