MobileRead Book Challenges discussion

General Chat > Free books and stuff

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Resident Book Pusher (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 3289 comments Not sure if this is the best place to list this but:

Why not have our own free stuff section? I run across a smattering of free stuff in the groups I belong to here.

Free erotica book (smashwords): Prescription For Love http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh, thanks for this. I'd probably rarely have anything to contribute because I get most of my freebies from leads on MR - and all of us already know about those. :) One thing I will post:

on The Indie Spot Forum there is a board for author giveaways. Many of them just require posting or sending a PM or email to the author. You do have to join to see the that particular board - the Mod did that because people were posting their email addresses and she wanted an extra layer between them and the data-mining bots.

message 3: by Carrie (Care), Group Founder & Fearless Leader (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 73 comments Good idea. Sometimes I don't have time to check MR or vise-versa check here so another spot to post freebies and deals is good.

message 4: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Resident Book Pusher (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 3289 comments I was thinking the same thing. :-)

message 5: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Resident Book Pusher (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 3289 comments BTW: Books on the Knob: http://blog.booksontheknob.org/

They have a lot of free kindle books here, too.

message 6: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Resident Book Pusher (last edited Feb 25, 2011 07:41AM) (new)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

MrsJoseph wrote: "Christa, you have this one marked "to read"

They are giving away free copies of Overclocked: Stories of the Future Present here:"

Already have it, and a few others of his free offerings, but thanks! Just as an FYI, everything on my shelves I already have except those on my wishlist. I know a lot of people use their shelves differently, but I have so many TBR's in my virtual possession (calibre), I focus on those instead. :)

On the topic of freebies - have all of you checked out Neil Marr's offer from BeWrite Books for MobileRead members in celebration of Read an E-Book Week? His post is in here on MR. You don't have to wait until RAEBW to collect on his generous offer.

Also keep an eye out because several other publishers and authors are doing giveaways that week. You can find a growing list at http://www.ebookweek.com.

message 8: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Resident Book Pusher (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 3289 comments I have checked out the post but I didn't realize that we didn't have to wait until RAEBW starts...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

MrsJoseph wrote: "I have checked out the post but I didn't realize that we didn't have to wait until RAEBW starts..."

Yeah, he told us we could go ahead because it will keep them from getting overwhelmed during RAEBW. He'd like to get some of us out of the way early. I got mine two nights ago.