Q&A with Cat Grant discussion

Menage Romance > Courtland Chronicles

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new)

Cat Grant (catgrant) | 38 comments Mod
New topic - Eric Courtland: The Ultimate Anti-Hero, or Just an Asshole? Discuss. :)

message 2: by Chele (new)

Chele Blades (seachele71) | 3 comments he had moments of being an a$$hole, but redeemed himself in the most pleasant ways...having his father I would have been a jerk too...not trusting & always "trying" to control the situation

message 3: by Cat (new)

A lot of people don't really "get" Eric, but I love him. I know exactly where he's coming from. The whole trust issue is very potent for him.

message 4: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments Hm. I've not read these either, so don't really have much to contribute. I can say, if I'm understanding the "ultimate anti-hero" type thing... I love them.

Amara is a serious lover of the bad boys. ;)

message 5: by Cat (new)

Yeah, I'm all about the bad boys. I love a hero who takes no shit. Way back when I read traditional m/f romance, I couldn't get enough of Linda Howard's categories. Her heroes were just so... elemental. Her work's definitely had an influence on mine.

But my fave bad boy of all time? Cash Boudreaux in Sandra Brown's Slow Heat in Heaven. He's an unmitigated bastard up to the book's last paragraph. I absolutely loved Brown for having the courage to do that.

message 6: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments My fave of all time, hands down,... Vadim, from Special Forces. Just a hard core Vadim girl here.

Actually, I love all of Aleksandr's bad boys, but out of his or any other I've ever read, none has touched me like Vadim.

message 7: by Aleksandr (new)

Aleksandr Voinov (vashtan) I haven't read any of those... will have to, though. I like a well-done menage.

message 8: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments Me either. But with as much as I'm enjoying Entangled Trio, the Courtland Chronicles are definatly going on the TBR pile.

message 9: by Stephy (last edited Feb 28, 2011 05:12AM) (new)

Stephy | 3 comments Well, if you only read one or two books in the series yes you would think Eric the ultimate @$$hole. If you read the entire series you get to understand the reason for his madness and why the other characters give him the benefit of doubt.
I liked him anyway at first and grew to understand and fell in love with his character after finding out about his family. I think Cat made him a real person, flaws and all, someone you know or could meet not a fantasy.