Q&A with Cat Grant discussion

M/M Romance > Fave storylines

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new)

Cat Grant (catgrant) | 38 comments Mod
First topic - What are your favorite storylines in m/m romance? What would you like to see more of?

message 2: by Chele (new)

Chele Blades (seachele71) | 3 comments i do love the when the hero is finally deciding its okay to be attracted to another male....I prefer the menage more but when i guy realizes he is attracted and returns the attraction the first time well you and some other authors make it play out wonderfully

message 3: by Cat (new)

I like coming of age stories too! There's something about that first love that just tugs at your heart.

message 4: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments *waves* Hi Cat =)

Good question. I'll have to think on it some. Off the top of my head, I can say... GFY I really like, if it's done well. And I'd agree with the coming of age, first love one too, which I think is the same reason I like the GFY.

I have to say thou, I read just about everything. I'm not sure there's a story line I'd like to see more of as much as good quality writting and strong characters. If I know an author has that... I'll devour everything they write, no matter what the story line is.

message 5: by Saritza (new)

Saritza (saritzah) I love coming of age stories a lot because I can relate to them regardless of the genre but I really enjoy the stories where the men are older and already aware of their sexuality for one reason or another have had to keep it hidden. Finding that person who makes you throw caution to the wind and accept who you are regardless of your station in life and draws you out of the closet and out of your own fears is the type of m/m romance I absolutely LOVE!

I'd love to see more stories featuring men in their 30s, 40s and 50s coming to terms with their sexuality and finding their soulmate in then process. Love them!

message 6: by Pia (new)

Pia (piaveleno) There's not much I won't read, but off the top of my head, I'd like to see more transgender men, and more pretty/twink boys.

Thanks for the group invite. I'm not ready to make one for myself yet. Perhaps I'll lurk and spy and see how it goes. ;-)

message 7: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments Oh, now I give a big resounding "agreed" to more transgender men books. That is something I'd love to see more of.

message 8: by Cat (new)

Thanks for the group invite. I'm not ready to make one for myself yet..."

Thanks for joining, Pia. It's kind of an experiment on my part. I honestly didn't think anybody would join.

message 9: by Cole (last edited Feb 24, 2011 03:12AM) (new)

Cole Riann (coleriann) Of course we'd join Cat! Thanks for inviting me, btw.

I agree with the transgender and/or effeminate characters, which we've been getting a little more of lately. Still, it is a very, very small percentage compared to the popular Alpha hero. Then, the fem men always want a hunky Alpha, which isn't necessarily the deal. I'd like to read a story about two twinks falling in love... but then again, I might be the only one to buy it :)

I love stories about older men and families, especially if they aren't sticky-sweet. I love a sweet romance sometimes, but it seems like the older men/family stories are either overly saccharine or involve an abducted child sub-plot. I'm not saying I don't enjoy those, but I like books that surprise me. But then again, I read a ton of books, so I might be getting tired of things that other people enjoy less frequently.

message 10: by Pia (new)

Pia (piaveleno) Cole wrote: "I'd like to read a story about two twinks falling in love... but then again, I might be the only one to buy it :)..."

I'd buy that one too!

message 11: by Cole (new)

Cole Riann (coleriann) Pia wrote: "Cole wrote: "I'd like to read a story about two twinks falling in love... but then again, I might be the only one to buy it :)..."

I'd buy that one too!"

If no one else will do it, you should write it Pia :) then be sure to let me know so I can read it!

message 12: by Saritza (new)

Saritza (saritzah) I would LOVE to see more transgendered stories that end in HEA instead of tragedy.

message 13: by Amara (new)

Amara (amarasplace) | 27 comments Saritza (Minnie) wrote: "I would LOVE to see more transgendered stories that end in HEA instead of tragedy."

Yes. This.

message 14: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 2 comments Thanks for inviting me! I also love GFY and coming of age stories, but i would love to see more books written about cross dressing/drag. And two twinks? I think that's hot!!lol!

message 15: by Cat (new)

Welcome, Miranda! Thanks for joining us.

Shameless plug - I've written a drag queen book. The cover makes it look like the heroes are two twinks, but Mike (the drag queen) is actually in his mid-thirties. A bit old for twink-dom, methinks. ;)

message 16: by Cole (new)

Cole Riann (coleriann) Cat wrote: "Welcome, Miranda! Thanks for joining us.

Shameless plug - I've written a drag queen book. The cover makes it look like the heroes are two twinks, but Mike (the drag queen) is actually in his mid-t..."

Ahhh, I loved Mike, Cat. What a wonderful character you wrote :)

message 17: by Pia (new)

Pia (piaveleno) Cole wrote: "If no one else will do it, you should write it Pia :) then be sure to let me know so I can read it!..."

I have a couple of twink stories in the works. Plus one pre-op trans boy. So many ideas, but the day job keeps getting in the way!

message 18: by Pia (new)

Pia (piaveleno) Wow, not to step on Cat's toes in her own forum, but so many people are chiming in about the trans comment that I intend to put that story on the to-do list right behind Man Whore's sequel.

message 19: by Cat (new)

Pia wrote: "Wow, not to step on Cat's toes in her own forum, but so many people are chiming in about the trans comment that I intend to put that story on the to-do list right behind Man Whore's sequel."

Can't wait to see what you do with it, Pia. :)

message 20: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 2 comments I have actually have read Appearing Nightly and I loved it!That's exactly the type of book I want to see more of!