Goddess Summoning discussion

Goddess of Legend > What were your thoughts on the book?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyyy) | 7 comments Mod
So what did we think of the King Arthur meets a 21st century oakie gal?

Personally I loved it, I love the mythology and the book tries to stick to true events as much as possible. Overall I think it is a great book.

message 2: by Black Queen (new)

Black Queen (blackqueen) I agree with you in so many ways. I love this book

message 3: by Trish (new)

Trish Jensen (trishjensen) | 7 comments And as Holly knows, I agree with you both. LOVE Goddess of Legend. A definite slight departure from the other Goddess books, but in a fun way. :)

Trish

message 4: by Holly (new)

It is, i mean all the other Goddess books are based on Greek/Roman Gods and Goddesses so it is a nice change :)

message 5: by Trish (new)

Trish Jensen (trishjensen) | 7 comments Well, The Lady of The Lake is a real life Goddess, and she sets the events in motion, and also plays a part throughout, but you're right, Holly, that the Goddess herself (or God, himself) is not the major protagonist of the book. I've read SO many "reviews" of the book from purists so angry with PC for taking liberties with the Arthurian legend, but oh, give me a break. That's why it's called fiction, folks. And I'd say she had fun with it, wouldn't you? And it wasn't like the "real" legend, if there is such a thing, has Guinevere and Arthur getting back together anyway. Why not give the man his own happy ending? But then that's just me.

message 6: by Holly (new)

I totally agree, why can't authors give their own twist to stories, people just need to remember they're not stating facts but their own theories and ideas about these stories.

message 7: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 2 comments Its a very nice concept actually of turning myths and legends into a different and great story. There is always a difference in opinion by different readers.
Personally I liked all the books in this series.

message 8: by Holly (new)

Their amazing. :) I love them all. I loved Greek Mythology before and this just made it all oh so much better.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber | 1 comments Absolutely love this book, it's the only Goddess Summoning book I've read so far, but if the others are anything like this i'm sure i'm going to ADORE everyone of them. :D

message 10: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 2 comments U are going to love the books in this series Amber.
I have read nothing like it up till now!

message 11: by Temple Rose (new)

Temple Rose (whowantstoknow) | 8 comments I was skecptic at first because im not usually into this sort of books involving history im that lazy but i enjoyed it alot but im confused about what genre this book is.

message 12: by Holly (new)

Romance and History

message 13: by Temple Rose (last edited Aug 02, 2011 04:09PM) (new)

Temple Rose (whowantstoknow) | 8 comments have know clue were im going to read the others?

message 14: by Trish (new)

Trish Jensen (trishjensen) | 7 comments Actually, Temple, I'd call it romance and mythology, fantasy, paranormal time travel, historical. In other words, it defies description or a simple tag. :) And that's why I agree with Gayatri. There's nothing like this series. PC's an eccentric genius. It's why I love her. :)

message 15: by Temple Rose (new)

Temple Rose (whowantstoknow) | 8 comments Trish wrote: "Actually, Temple, I'd call it romance and mythology, fantasy, paranormal time travel, historical. In other words, it defies description or a simple tag. :) And that's why I agree with Gayatri. Ther..."

Cool. Im definetly interested to read more but know way of knowing were to get them. Can you get them on ebook?

message 16: by Trish (new)

Trish Jensen (trishjensen) | 7 comments Temple:

Oh, yes, all available on e-book, I guess depending where you live. Where are you from?

Trish

message 17: by Holly (new)

There in all Waterstones and WHSmith shops in the UK and you can get them on Amazon.co.uk

message 18: by Temple Rose (new)

Temple Rose (whowantstoknow) | 8 comments Trish wrote: "Temple:

Oh, yes, all available on e-book, I guess depending where you live. Where are you from?

Trish"

im from Taranaki, New Zealand

message 19: by Trish (new)

Trish Jensen (trishjensen) | 7 comments Temple:

Oh. I have no idea if the book is available in NZ. SHOULD be, but I don't know.

message 20: by Temple Rose (new)

Temple Rose (whowantstoknow) | 8 comments i usually just order my books online now

message 21: by Gouri (new)

Gouri Krishna (goodredscombooknerd) | 6 comments I love the goddess summoning series and i have just joined the group. This book is great. My favorite is goddess of rose.

message 22: by Gouri (new)

Gouri Krishna (goodredscombooknerd) | 6 comments Temple:

Dont know if this is helpful, but if you are desperate to read the series then you can get pdf copies. I read them in pdf.

message 23: by Trish (new)

Trish Jensen (trishjensen) | 7 comments Nila007:

I'm seriously afraid to ask this question, but where did you find the books in PDF format? Berkley certainly doesn't put them out in PDF format.

Trish

message 24: by Gouri (new)

Gouri Krishna (goodredscombooknerd) | 6 comments Download at 4shared.com. If you dont get it from their site then you should google it. I got many of the books that way.
Good Luck!

message 25: by Holly (new)

I think you can get them on kindle now also :) just go on amazon

message 26: by Trish (new)

Trish Jensen (trishjensen) | 7 comments Nila:

Maybe you're not aware that 4shared is a pirate site, and d/l from them is illegal. I understand the allure of free, but just want you to know that someone was just prosecuted for d/l a free book from a pirate site, which this is. So his free book cost him $3,000. And it's going to get worse for pirateers, and those who d/l from their sites. Pure and simple, it's theft of intellectual property. My own senator has written a bill about the penalties for those sites, and the people who use them. Just saying, be careful. And be careful about promoting to others who do not realize what they might be getting into that they're breaking the law. And please don't tomato the messenger. Just saying be careful. You never know when you're going to be the one caught and tried. And if these bills winding themselves through Congress go through, $3,000 for a free book is going to be the least of their problems.

P.S. Also have learned from several blogs that many of these pirate sites also use your "free" purchase to access your computer and either install viruses or mine enough info to identity thieve as well. I believe if you go to mediabistro.com you can search for topics on this.

Again, please no tomatoes. I'm just trying to warn people to be careful. If you want the book for free, check it out of your library, or sign up for Amazon Prime, which among a zillion other perks, allows you to borrow books for free.

Trish, not a librarian, have no affiliation to Amazon, other than as a customer, just trying to watch out for fellow readers...

message 27: by Gouri (new)

Gouri Krishna (goodredscombooknerd) | 6 comments Trish wrote: "Nila:

Maybe you're not aware that 4shared is a pirate site, and d/l from them is illegal. I understand the allure of free, but just want you to know that someone was just prosecuted for d/l a free..."

Thanks for the warning.

message 28: by Temple Rose (new)

Temple Rose (whowantstoknow) | 8 comments Ive actually read all the books in this series. Has anyone else?

message 29: by Gouri (new)

Gouri Krishna (goodredscombooknerd) | 6 comments ME

message 30: by Temple Rose (new)

Temple Rose (whowantstoknow) | 8 comments What did u think of the series?

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments I love the whole series. Goddess of Spring is the one that made me realize, I heart me some PC! I wish she would keep writing more.

message 32: by Gouri (new)

Gouri Krishna (goodredscombooknerd) | 6 comments I loved it too. So did my friends so we're not the only ones. Goddess of springs my favorite. but that might be because i've always thought that Hades is the most awesome of the greek gods. Yeah i wish she'd write more books for the Goddess series. But on the other hand, i hated the house of the night series.What about you? Temple and Amanda

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments I really enjoy the HON series (albeit not as much). They are two different beasts. The HON is very high school in length, subjects, and content. I enjoy the differences & rember having the emotional rollercoastery of high school (all of 15 years ago). She did another series call the divine series as a harlequin teen series. It's 5 books I think & much more in the vein of the summoning series. I'd like to see her write more for either

message 34: by Temple Rose (new)

Temple Rose (whowantstoknow) | 8 comments Nila wrote: "I loved it too. So did my friends so we're not the only ones. Goddess of springs my favorite. but that might be because i've always thought that Hades is the most awesome of the greek gods. Yeah i ..."

Goddess of spring was my favorite aswell. I havent read a house of night book in ova year bt started the series years ago so I plan on finishing it. I do wont to read more of the Goddess series other books in the series i really liked and others nt so much bt i think she was on to somthing really good with it so id like to read another.