Bookaholics!! discussion

2011 Goals > How many are you going to read?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (porkchop0911) | 65 comments Mod
How many books/pages/hours are you going to read this year. I would like to hear everyones goals and see if people meet what they predict. Have fun!

message 2: by Rasier (new)

Rasier 1000 books

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Wait 1000 books for the year! That is crazy!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Mine is 75. I have about 12 down which i will post in a lil bit.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Jennifer Same Difference Sarah smith wrote: "about 23 baybe 24"

that is great I actually hated reading growing up and now i seem to not get enough of it. So i do everything from audiobook to ereader to the actual paperback.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

My boyfriend actually lives about an hour and 20 minutes away each way so i do about 2 to 3 round trips a week to his house. So that is about 6 hours in a car so that gets me about a half a book doing it that way. So that is why my numbers are rather high.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

wow that is a long road trip but that is another thing that i love is road trips to nowhere

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Meyer (amandarenay18) I'm going to try to read 50. I want to read more than that, but I'm starting my goal at 50 and just go from there.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

That is about a book a week so i think it is totally doable.

message 10: by Donnamarie (new)

Donnamarie (gunslinger19) | 9 comments My goal is twenty five :)

message 11: by Amanda (new)

That is great Donnamarie hope you achive it.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

thats awesome

message 13: by Amanda (new)

wow that is a long time

message 14: by cazdoll (new)

cazdoll 25 I hope

message 15: by Amanda (new)

I figure one book a week will be great for me since till about 6 months ago i absolutely hated reading. Imagine that! Now i cant put my books down. I ask my boyfriend to drive just so i can read. I bought a discman to actually listen to audiobooks to continue from the car. I am totally addicted. Anyone else have a problem like this. Hope i am not the only one haha.

message 16: by Donnamarie (new)

Donnamarie (gunslinger19) | 9 comments Amanda wrote: "I figure one book a week will be great for me since till about 6 months ago i absolutely hated reading. Imagine that! Now i cant put my books down. I ask my boyfriend to drive just so i can read..."

I'm the same. I have audiobooks so I can listen to my books if my boyfriend is snoring lol or when I used to do long shifts at work. I love listening to poetry it really brings the poems alive. Though my favourite has to be Harry potter read by Stephen fry absolutely legendary :)

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Sometimes i feel like i am in the car more then i can actually sit down and read. I am in the car at least 10 11 hours in a car at least twice a month so i can get at least 1 to 2 books out of the way for the month.

message 18: by Amanda (new)

So how is everyones challenge coming. I am at 20 books out of 60 so i am coming along great.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Wow that's great noor keep up the good work anything interesting or recommend reads to us